Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons stopping/skipping

I finally purchased Seasons the other day and have been enjoying it since, but seem to have come across a problem.

I started my game in summer so as to fully enjoy the transition into fall. I set my season length to 7 days initially, and noticed my game started my summer on day 3 of 7.

I carried on playing a few more Sim days, and realised surely fall must be due by this point. I checked the UI and found it was still showing day 3 of 7.

At this point I found restarting seemed to be enough to 'kick' the game over to day 4. Continued playing. Had to do another restart yesterday as the game got stuck in day 5 this time and didn't think any more of it.

Finally the day came. It was day 7 of 7 in summer, and midnight arrived. Initially nothing happened, so I sped the clock forward a little and Fall popped up at the bottom of the screen.

At this point I zoomed out and was confused to see that suddenly all my trees were bright orange and red. I checked the UI again and found it said I was on day 4 of 7 in fall!

I have a couple of mods so I know I will have to try taking these out and seeing if any are to blame. I was wondering though, if anyone else has had a similar glitch in their game and could offer some advice?

Also, does MCC allow you to set seasons? I was hoping to get back to the first day of fall while I figure out the problem.

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    If that issue is happening, it's better to look at the calendar (It's next to the phone!)
    Mods and CC may also cause issues. Remove them and see if the issue remains. If the issue remains, try repairing the game by right-clicking on The Sims 4 in Origin.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Thanks @EgonVM . That's reminded me that one of the things that allowed me to move to the next day of the season, was changing the season length to 14 days and then straight back to 7. I wonder if that contributed.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    edited July 2018
    Your summer started on day 3 of 7 because the first day of the season is on Sunday, so if your save was on a different day of the week then you would lose some days.

There are cheats to set the seasons. I've tried it in my game and it worked. You might need the mod that fixes the cheats that were broken by one of the patches. Link: http://modthesims.info/d/614263
    And you use this cheat: seasons.set_season 0-3 (0 – Summer, 1 – Fall, 2 – Winter, 3 – Spring)
    You put the number corresponding to the season that you want. You probably have to turn on testing cheats first.