Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Today’s LOL

I’ve only just got Seasons (not that it’s been out long..) so I’m playing through the holidays for the first time.
And my first ever holiday was Love Day.

Well, Bob and Eliza’s relationship being what it is, I had them do a little kissing and flirting, but that was it.
No date, no gifts.

The game decided that Bob wasn’t into the gifting tradition anyways and I guess that must be why it decided he was two out of three.
2am rolls around, love day is officially over. Bob and Eliza are in bed. I got the notifcations that made me laugh.
“Love Day was Awful. Eliza didn’t get to participate in enough of the traditions she likes”. ALONGSIDE
“Love Day Successful. Love Day was awesome. Bob got to do everything he planned to do”

And that kind of sums up their relationship. :D

Comments

• TestingThisOut77TestingThisOut77 Posts: 79 Member
    I never really play pre-made households, but I should make an exception for those two. It seems like it'd be fun to ruin their lives. :smile:
    Check out my stories "On Their Way" (An Alien Legacy) and "Confining Space" (An Original Story) at https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com!
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I never really play pre-made households, but I should make an exception for those two. It seems like it'd be fun to ruin their lives. :smile:

It's fun to play premades on occasion.

@NRowe that is funny, thanks for sharing.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited July 2018
    NRowe wrote: »
    “Love Day was Awful. Eliza didn’t get to participate in enough of the traditions she likes”. ALONGSIDE
    “Love Day Successful. Love Day was awesome. Bob got to do everything he planned to do”

:D

I cancelled my Sims' first Love Day despite playing Don Lothario. He was having trouble with a former lover (not his spouse), and my mood irl went down, because I couldn't have my way. It happens only rarely, but on occasion, Don and I disagree on his romantic pursuits :#

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    My first holiday with my new save to test out Season was love day. I made a family Dad an alien Mom must be human (I thought she was alien too) and a daughter from genetics in CAS. Well Dad refused the gift mom made him (flowers) so I had her go on a date with a neighbour - she had a fantastic time, came home with a surprise. My notice was Dad had an awful Love Day and Mom of course had a great one. Served the dad right lol
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2018
    One thing I like about the traditions is that you don't have to complete all of them to have an awesome holiday. You can instead do two or three traditions repeatedly. Or just one, if you like. Do them enough times and the bar will fill as if you'd done them all. This way my families don't have to celebrate the same way.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Hahaha, sounds like a typical married couple. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    My first 'holiday' has since been removed (mostly likely via a Patch), but it was fun while it lasted. Face/palm. Others complained about kids not knocking on the door, so when it rolled around in my game, I saw a costumed child Sim leaving my Sim families' home. I snapped a picture of it and then others decided I had created the holiday, which I did not. I found my original game save where it happened. I do wish it was possible to get a snapshot of the calendar. It was called Spooky Day and the picture was of a party hat (cone-shape) and some ribbon, I think. I'm wondering since it was originally part of the EP, why it was eliminated.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Me too, actually. It was the Halloween equivalent in TS3. But we can add it ourselves, I guess.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    @GalacticGal Are ... are you still salty about that ? They did not remove holidays with a patch, I know you don't understand how it came to be in your game and how frustrating it is for you, but since you're the only person ever to have that issue, which of these is more probable:
    -you were the only person in the world to launch your game before that hypothetical patch
    -it was a custom-made holiday to test traditions, if not by you then by someone who has access to your game.
  • fantasyislandfantasyisland Posts: 15 Member
    I miss spooky day too. I forgot all about it until now. The kids were so cute coming to the door in their costumes.