Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In need of specific, general play style, or just Legacy play style suggestions

What world between Sunset Valley and Riverview, is in your opinion, better to start a legacy on and why? Or: what would you think is the best way for me to start a new save?

I've been thinking about what's the best possible, fulfilling way for me to experience the game right now. Make into account that I own Late Night, Ambitions and Seasons, some other Store Worlds, and some Store items.

Sunset Valley is "vanilla", but Riverview has it's own "country charm" that I don't mind, but I'm not too drawn to it. What is better in terms of long-term legacy-style playing, in your opinion? Which townies turn better with story progression? I've played SV quite often overall and more than Riverview. But please, can you tell me which world has a better "character", and what are your opinions of either one. I guess SV has the potential for a person to make it with time like they want it (correct me if I'm wrong), but RV is just a plain, simple town, with farms and stuff. I feel like RV has a weird mentality to it, a bit negative, with all those townies' secrets, or are they quite interesting to unveil at the end? RV experience, when I started a legacy a while ago, had a sense of "same ol'' every single day. Same ol' places, same ol' faces. Or is all Legacy starting playing "doomed" to that scenario? :lol:

I would be also more than glad to hear other ideas not at all related to Legacy challenge, too! :)

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    You have Ambitions. Give Twinbrook a try. It's a good little world, perhaps not the largest number of lots to build on, but if you've not played it, the new faces and personalities might give you the novelty you are looking for.
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    What other store worlds do you have? Hidden Springs and Roaring Heights are two of my favorite worlds. If you're not opposed to downloading content at mod the sims they have both Sunset Valley and Riverview and I think Bridgeport cleared of all buildings and Sims. You could do the nothing is free challenge mixed with the legacy challenge. It will at least give you a set of goals for each generation. If you choose Riverview then perhaps set it up so that your sims are generational farmers. If you have the cows and chickens from the store it adds a nice touch to the farm.

In general I find legacies boring. If you want to grind through the generations then go for it. If not I would suggest adding goals(like you would in the NIF, rags to riches challenges) for each generation. I also usually move my elders to a home in the world and let story progression do its thing. Give your starting sim(s) a background story and when you assign traits have them so they react to certain situations according to those traits. Assign your sims aspirations, traits, and careers you haven't used before.

I would really try to break away from the Sunset/Riverview play and try a different town. Twinbrook is a good little town. Bridgeport is fun. If you want to start out as poor couple trying to make it in life they could start out in an apartment and then move into a nice home in the hills.
  • ElanoreAlexandriaElanoreAlexandria Posts: 66 Member
    Whichever town you choose, feel free to add to it before you play. In my legacy town, I made sure to add in as many fun lots as I could think of. Some examples are a campground, a golf driving range, a cat cafe, an amusement park, an Italian restaurant, a sushi restaurant, a ballet studio, a farmer's market and a smaller version of the prism art studio. Keep in mind that I have all the expansion packs and most of the store venue items. Have a look at all the items available to you in your game and consider building or downloading a cool lot off the exchange or Mod the Sims to add to your town.

I find most of the EA towns get boring after a while. Most are built with either the base game only or the base game and one expansion pack in mind. Adding stuff to any town helps to keep it interesting for longer, in my opinion.
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I tried legacy once, strated in Riverview, with one sim I created. He married Ruby Broke (I wanted him to marry a townie, so I could get the conncetion to the community life). I had nice experience overall until I ditched that save (though the legacy challenge has failed... :lol: I'm too used to play on epic). It was interesing for me to get to know the families stories/secrets via the legacy. Also Riverview is bigger- has more lots so that's why I originally picked it for my challenge.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I would use a made over Riverview that was worked on from CAW and exported to the game as an empty world or use a world like Gibsons and play with the entire town like in TS2 though with my game heavily Modded to remove the broken "story progression" commonly known as the EA bugfest by overriding with a better and more customizable story progression though the skills pushes under general options in story progression would all have to be reset to false to disable them.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg