Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please fix the piles of dry leaves. I'M GOING CRAZY with this.

celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
There are 2 diffeferent inssues with the piles of dry leaves that are driving me completely crazy:

1. The piles of dry leaves are eternal. These piles of leaves form in the public areas of the world and remain there forever. Winter come, and the leaves will remain there, no matter what. And the most ridiculous thing about this story is that these piles of dry leaves will only disappear if I ask my active sim to set them on fire. Tell me, what's the point of making my active sim do a neighborhood cleanup? My sim is not a public cleaner to do this job.

The proper thing was the game itself to DELETE those piles of dry leaves that are in public areas as soon as the winter came. In my lot, okay, I can do the cleaning work myself, but leaving those piles of leaves forever in the public area gets on my nerves.

2. Who had the stupid idea of making the leaves stink? It only made the neighborhood look ugly in the fall. All the piles of dry leaves that are scattered around the public areas of the world begin to stink and release that green smoke with flies. Sims npcs start playing with the leaves that stink as if there was no problem at all. And again, our active sim needs to remove the leaves from the entire neighborhood, because if we do not do that, they will stay there forever stinking, even in winter.

Please do something about it. Winter with leaves that smell in public areas is horrible. The leaves should disappear the next season, and should not smell bad.

4dro9mr.jpg
iprZ1ZA.jpg
9KNOY6o.jpg
tP9emIL.jpg
SVZfWQw.jpg
zSJZ3Ay.jpg

tenor.gif
Post edited by celipoesias on

Comments

• BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    YES! What's worse is that I can't even get rid of them in my save. I can burn them 100 times and they stick around, stinking up the neighbourhood. I ended up getting a mod that finally fixed the issue for me but shouldn't need to resort to that for something as simple as this.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    YES! What's worse is that I can't even get rid of them in my save. I can burn them 100 times and they stick around, stinking up the neighbourhood. I ended up getting a mod that finally fixed the issue for me but shouldn't need to resort to that for something as simple as this.

A mod? Really? Do you have a link? Please :open_mouth:
    tenor.gif
    edited July 2018
    Ops, double post :(
    tenor.gif
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Where can we find this mod? I am interested in trying it out.
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    I agree. It's a pain in the neck to have stinky leaves everywhere - everyone's mood gets lowered because of them.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    There is really no logical reason for the leaf piles to have a bad scent. By that logic no one could live in a forest during Autumn/Fall.
    It's genetically impossible for dry leaves to smell bad. I don't understand how did this feature get into the game :|
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I agree as well, I want them gone. What mod is that?
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • aktexaktex Posts: 367 Member
    My leaves began stinking as soon as they showed up on day one of autumn. I was concerned the leaves would not disappear in winter because in Sims 3 the leaves sticked around after fall as well. I really hope this gets fixed.
    tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Sometimes burning the leaves doesn't even work, so that's a good time.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I wish they would blow away on a windy day or at the very least not have the stink cloud around them.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Brindleton wrote: »
    There is really no logical reason for the leaf piles to have a bad scent. By that logic no one could live in a forest during Autumn/Fall.
    It's genetically impossible for dry leaves to smell bad. I don't understand how did this feature get into the game :|

I could understand if it ended up being like the 'poohoo bush' or a pet peeing in it to cause it but I though tit was weird they start smelling badly due to just being there. :neutral:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    I saw a stinking pile of leaves with hearts coming out of it one day!
    EGZ2WYw.jpg

Turns out lovesick dogs like to hide in them! :D
    GuWpwxm.jpg
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I'm kind of avoiding playing for this very reason. :s:s:angry:
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    The problem I am having is, even though I had my Sim burn all the leaves in the area, it left little piles of ashes that can't be cleaned up because there is "No garbage can nearby".
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    I agree 100 %! The stinky leaf piles look horrible.

During fall, my sim had to burn these stinky green leaf piles in his neighborhood every day when he came home from work - because once you burn them, they return within a few sim hours. It makes no sense and it certainly isn't realistic! I especially don't get why they have to be stinky and disgusting - one of the best things about IRL fall is the smell in the air...
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    If we can't get rid of them by burning - can we please use them to fertilize our gardens. We need a compost bin in Sims 4.
    My one sim hates being outside now because of stinky leaf piles.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
    Has anyone ever managed to do woohoo in the pile of leaves? Since when the expansion was launched, I just cant do it. The interaction doesnt work.

And yes, these terrible leaves need to be repaired. The bad smell needs to be removed, and they need to disappear when winter comes.
    tenor.gif
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    edited July 2018
    @celipoesias 100% agree.

Fall leaves are so beautiful. In the North East of the US, people travel just to see the leaves as they change color. Walking through crisp, fallen leaves, you can smell the fresh autumn air. I have never seen (or smelled) a stinking leaf pile -- maybe in a compost pile, but it certainly is no longer a "leaf pile."

And, because I'm sure someone will say that leaf piles really do stink (it's alright, I believe you), who on earth would want that in a game? Especially ones you can't get rid of?

Whoever thought that stinking, forever leaf-piles were a good idea? And, better yet, whoever approved that decision so that it ended up in the release?
  • SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Does anyone know where to find the mod the person a few post above was talking about to get rid of the leaves?
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Are the devs aware of this issue?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    Please, @BrokenChaos69 give us a link to the mod ;)
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Lavasm77Lavasm77 Posts: 33 Member
    I found a mod on MTS called "No Autonomous Rake Leaf." I haven't tried it but it seems like it might prevent the off-lot leaf piles.
  • Lavasm77Lavasm77 Posts: 33 Member
    Oh wait, that mod might not be enough. I didn't realize the piles automatically generated--I thought Sims had to rake them into a pile.
  • Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    One easy solution, move to the city. I've been playing with a family for 2 generations in San Myshuno after I got bored playing with a family in Brindleton Bay, the leaf pile bug used to annoy me too, but now I don't care and don't notice them when I travel to other towns.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I don’t get why they stink in the first place. It’s just leaves not a pile of garbage, even when leaves break down and degrade there is no odor. The piles around the world should disappear automatically if NPC’s won’t burn them, which would also be an acceptable solution. Regardless they should turn off the stink, that just doesn’t make sense.