Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cars Game Pack vs. Katy Perry Sweet Treats Game Pack

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats Game Pack
    Katy forever.
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    edited July 2018
    I'd love both.

I know a lot of people didn't use the food themed stuff that came with the Katy Perry pack but I would love to see all the super creative, out of the box things would do with the very outspoken stuff that would come with a pack like that.
    (And all the cc that would come out of those meshes)

I'm personally craving a very out of the box outspoken type of pack since as much as I love the matchy matchy style in the last couple of packs being released (besides JA) I'm now feeling quite tired of not having more outspoken stuff in the game.
    My main aim would be sub cultural/alternative things but a pack like a KP sweet treats pack would be welcome as well.
    It would at least give us some great items to decorate stores/restaurants and kids rooms with.

As for cars, idk if they should be in an actual pack or not? I feel like they could be a bigger sized free update? (And Kate said they will be releasing more free content in the future as opposed to releasing so many stuffpacks) but I could easily see a car/vehicle themed pack (gp or sp)
    I just personally hope it would have carpools like we've known them in other games, I'm really over sims just disappearing and appearing infront of their doors xD

But a pack like that could definitely have garage themed things like garage doors (I know we got some with CL but other ones are welcome) maybe return the car you can build yourself, some more garage deco, driveways and the ability to woohoo in a car and teach your children to drive one?
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Neither.
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    Cars Game Pack
    Cars, but it must come with a DeLorean and time travel integrated into the science career. For reasons.
  • Simmerific94Simmerific94 Posts: 51 Member
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats, 10,000%. This was one of my faves in the Sims 3.
    Find me on the Gallery! ID: ShinyTogepi94
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Cars Game Pack
    You kidding me? Cars, straight up.

Didn't even have to think about it.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I'm laughing because of all the newcomers here that don't know Colton since he's been gone for a while.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Cars Game Pack
    Cars by far.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Pink cupcake cars.. now!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    Cars Game Pack
    What is Katy Perry? The bad collection in Ts3? Ehm... Noooo!
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Lol! What a strange poll! :lol:

I’m not one to get excited about vehices in both real life and my games. (They’re just practical objects that transport me from Point A to Point B.)

And I actually didn’t mind the Katy Perry pack, and I thought it was cute for a candy-like world, so I pick that option in this very silly poll. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • LadyDecafLadyDecaf Posts: 89 Member
    Cars Game Pack
    *shudders*
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Neither. If I want those I can go play Sims 3 as Katy Pary costumes has no place in a game with out singers and stage shows - just like cars have no place in a game without a real roadsystem- as just looking like roads is not the same thing as having an actual road system in the game - never mind in a game not featuring any true open world. So I would not vote on either of these things. I would instead just go play my Sims 3 game that has both of these features already to get it out of my system.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    I MAY have pushed the wrong button...
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Cars Game Pack
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats was the worst TS3 stuff pack in my opinion, so nope. Also, I can't wait for cars in The Sims 4!
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited July 2018
    I honestly don't understand the hype for cars in this game... there wouldn't be a purpose for them since the game isn't open world. Also, the majority of lots wouldn't even be big enough to have a house AND garage/driveway on them (at least not without cramping everything together to the point where it looks ridiculous).

Also, I actually liked 'Katy Perry Sweet Treats' in Sims 3. And no, I'm not just saying that as a joke. It wasn't my favorite stuff pack, but it was still fun to play with sometimes.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    ....Why? :confounded: Let's not recreate that horror (Sweet Treats).

I wouldn't buy a cars GP. It would be awesome to get them in an update (as it should be in the base game), but if that isn't the case, I wouldn't spend money to get cars.
  • skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    Once again, I just want to see another iteration of sweet treats because I think it would be hilarious and I'd love to see LGR review it.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Cars Game Pack
    Katy%20Kar.jpg
    There ya go!
    Cars and candy for everyone.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Cars Game Pack
    If we got cars we should have garages to put them in and possibly allow separate foundation levels so that cars can get out of garages built at ground level when the house has a higher foundation. That's one thing builders have been wanting since 2014.
    (or if they can't do that, at least ramps)!
    What is Katy Perry? The bad collection in Ts3? Ehm... Noooo!

Katy Perry Sweet Treats was one of Sims 3 SPs that was made for a Sims 3 EP. Sweet Treats was copies of Katy Perry's stage decor and stage costumes that KP used in her California Dreaming Tour to be used in conjunction with the Katy Perry EP "Showtime".

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited July 2018
    ....Why? :confounded: Let's not recreate that horror (Sweet Treats).

I didn’t think it was that horrible for me, personally. It would be fine with a Candyland themed world or a themed cafe/restaurant. :smile:

Some of the CAS textures were meh, though, and there could be more content. I did really like the candy B/B stuff, though. It was kind of cute.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    Cars Game Pack
    I don't like Katy Perry, even though sweet shaped furniture was kind of cute in Sims 3 (though sometimes it stuck out too much). Cars would be so cool! But I don't know how that would work in sims 4, but I would like to see it.
    Otoyo wrote: »
    I don't like Katy Perry, even though sweet shaped furniture was kind of cute in Sims 3 (though sometimes it stuck out too much). Cars would be so cool! But I don't know how that would work in sims 4, but I would like to see it.

Well I like Katy Perry - she does a lot to help kids and animals - she gives so much to causes, so I have a lot of respect for her. I like her music - and I have not seen 12 for decades - many decades - lol.

But the fact remain KP most likely would not be in Sims 4 seeing she only had a 2 pack contract with EA. I think the fact she devoted all that time to work with EA to make those packs as well as did commercials for them was nice - but like all the other stars that did similar things with the Sims and EA they are not known to be in the next series. EA works with various stars in every Sims game, but not a lot of them spared as much time to the Sims as KP did.

I actually have enjoyed all the celebs visits, songs, characters, and additions to the game since the Sims 1 - but I have yet to see any of them also come back into another of the series. KP as far as I recall is the only celeb who agreed to cover 2 packs and did 5 songs in Simlish for us. One of the songs was a new release - that we got first. Of course if you don't like her or her music I can see where you were not impressed - lol. That's okay - not everyone feels the same - especially when it come to music and stars. I guess I am just the odd ball who enjoys all the celebs visits to the Sims. Heck I still use teen Hillary Duff and her little dog in Sims 2 pets to this day. It was an optional download, and it's still in my Sims 2 game. I also only use Sweet Treats in my KP Stage show/concert Hall in Sims 3 with the downloaded KP sim character when she performs. I have the pool and ice cream shop on the same lot next to the Concert hall. I never used the little park as it was actually a bit much even for me. LOL. KP wears the costumes on stage - some, not all.

But I would not expect to see any of that in Sims 4 for sure - even if we finally did get stage shows etc again. I am hoping we do - but this time maybe full bands complete with singers and dancers as well... and of course new celeb groups perhaps. I'd love an Aerosmith Concert in my Sims. I am a longtime fan of theirs - and many others, both old and new. I like all kinds of music - but I would especially love to finally get the whole package for the game.

In dreams - I LIVE!