Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gifts - REALLY???

I always loved the florist tables and gift giving options in The Sims 2. In fact, as silly as it sounds, I'd say 70% of my reasoning for purchasing this pack was to give my sims the ability to GIVE!

So I just experienced my first holiday - Love Day. And I'm SO. FREAKING. BUMMED. You can't just give anything in your sims' inventory to another sim as a gift! What??? It has to be a PURCHASED gift??? I'm so bothered! Did Hallmark build this game pack???

I had two sims on a lot - they're starting an orchard. Both very garden-loving sims. I was so excited to have my female sim make a bouquet for her partner for Love Day (she tends to do a lot of flower gardening while he takes care of the orchard). I was really confused and heart-broken when I had my female sim attempt to give the bouquet she made (which was in her inventory) to her husband and - NOPE. Can't do that! Home made??? Oh no, no, no! You gotta BUY your Love Day gifts!

Please - PLEASE change this. Please allow us to give any item from inventory as a gift. It doesn't make any sense. Especially since the gift items up for sale were just other inventory items!! I almost feel like this had to be a glitch or something. The florist station was added to the game so that we COULD give bouquets as gifts, right? Did I do something the wrong way?

Comments

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Is it just for the Romantic gift giving option? I had a child gift a seasonal craft she'd made to her mom with no problem.
    6riwm5.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I had my sim give someone an arrangement he made on Love Day, without any issue. I've also had him give stuff from his garden. The gifts don't have to be purchased.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I have't had any issues giving arrangements either. I think maybe instead of doing the "give Love Day gift" interaction just go into Friendly interactions and do the regular "Give Gift" interaction.
  • AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    Kim5496 wrote: »
    I have't had any issues giving arrangements either. I think maybe instead of doing the "give Love Day gift" interaction just go into Friendly interactions and do the regular "Give Gift" interaction.

I can't remember which option I was using but I'll be sure to check back and try it again. I could have just been using the romantic gift option. Thank you guys!~
  • Athene_NoctuaAthene_Noctua Posts: 18 Member
    > @Cupid said:
    > I had my sim give someone an arrangement he made on Love Day, without any issue. I've also had him give stuff from his garden. The gifts don't have to be purchased.

Really…? Because I can't do that either. The gift has to be bought I've tried . There's no 'give as gift' option of the arrangement either on the table, nor in the sim's inventory.
  • AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member

Really…? Because I can't do that either. The gift has to be bought I've tried . There's no 'give as gift' option of the arrangement either on the table, nor in the sim's inventory.

Maybe it wasn't just me then? o0o
  • Athene_NoctuaAthene_Noctua Posts: 18 Member
    > @AxeEcliptica said:
    > Athene_Noctua wrote: »
    >
    >
    > Really…? Because I can't do that either. The gift has to be bought I've tried . There's no 'give as gift' option of the arrangement either on the table, nor in the sim's inventory.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Maybe it wasn't just me then? o0o

Nope, definitely not just you.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    flower arrangements need to be given as gifts by going into the friendly interactions section and picking 'give gift'. then you get a dropdown of everything tradeable in that sim's inventory. just find the arrangement and give it away. and yes, this counts for the various 'give gift' traditions for holidays