Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how old is your oldest save ?

FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
I remember the day when my child came to me, she was really little (6-7) and asked me to buy her sims game. I bought it for her after she completed all chores to make money for it. When she did it, sims 4 came out. So I bought sims 4 for her too. My save is that old. I have sims 3 that we purchased but never opened, and we have sims 4, purchased for her, me and my other child. I still play the same save. I was trying to play new save. I even have 2 families there, I liked them, but never loved. My first save has 13 played families at the moment. All of them are 3 to 7 generations. I can't stop playing it. If it would be gone, my sims 4 game would be gone.
So how old is your oldest save and how much you love it ? Pictures of your oldest, but current save are welcome.
I'll post my pictures tomorrow. I'm on another computer right now.

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    the save i play is about a year old, and it's only that new because of a failed hard drive in my laptop. managed to recover aspects of the save (mostly sim households) and decided that would be a good reason to start over. so many things are different now than they were before, but at least i still have a few familiar faces wandering around to make it feel normal

it's the fourth save i've started in the game, each of the previous ones lost due to save corruption or that hard drive crash

some of the disguised aliens are so old they don't even have an undisguised form in cas. and that's part of why i love them. and i play with aging off, so all the sims that get aged up are done manually. my main household was created when get to work was released (my first save corruption happened right around then, so lost the original save), the mother is an alien, father is an astronaut, they've got four half-alien kids together. the kids all became teens around the time get together came out, and the eldest, chianna, finally became an adult and moved out on her own when city living came out (she also got the vegetarian trait, because it suited her). she's now a vampire and has a family of her own, that still visits their (...still young adult...) grandparents quite often. and we can't forget their alien ghost clone aunt that spoils them all rotten
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    My oldest save would be over a year old now, but I only played it for like three days :D It was the save I made when I first got the game on June 24th 2017
    The save I actively play every day began on July 1st last year... I think. So it's also over a year old and most of my premades are dead
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    My oldest save is from the end of January 2015. I started it when I had the free trial and then continued. I currently play about 40 families in rotation, so the generations don't go by very fast even on normal lifespan. All my blog posts are from this save.
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    edited July 2018
    My premeds are long gone. But my first generation sim married Bella Goth. She was his second wife. I didn't understand what celebrity he married at that time LOL ( he was really ugly sim, because I didn't know I can edit them LOL) . That line has very unique facial features. Some of my long played families have really unique features that I never saw in gallery. I have to get sims from gallery sometimes . Some of townies are beautiful, like the lady in my avatar. She is married to my sim, baby is still a toddler. His great-grandmas mom was Bella Goth.
    Plum tree, were it all began.
    See it at https://theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#591e5dbf2768a40e3c1aaafd

Post edited by Feisbukaite on
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I wish I could say that my oldest save was years old but i'm one of those people who is constantly restarting their game. So my oldest save is about two weeks old.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I wish to be the person to easily start new save ... But it's impossible for me. All my sims are raised by me. There are currently 2 sims I found on gallery, because my sims needed 2 second half's and they couldn't find any in my 91 sims played sims circle :D
    ( sorry for my poor English, I'm really trying to do my best)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I've only ever had Sims 4 since September of last year, but I still have a save that's been played since I've gotten the game. Mind you, it's multiple versions of the original save in case of bug issues, but it is in essence the same save.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    My oldest save is about 4 years old. I treasure it as all the other saves made in 2014 either experienced glitches (after changing the Olivia Kim-Spencer's outfit, the whole neighborhood (where BFF household lives) was in their neighborhood), eventually started crashing and making the save unplayable, or got corrupted.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    My oldest save was from November 2016 to June this year. Then I moved all my sims to a fresh one because the original one was bloated and I was suspecting most of the glitches were a result of that. Now everything runs way better. I don't think TS4 is meant to handle big, long running saves, I'd recommend changing them once in 6 months or so.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    My oldest save is the only save I play. I started it when the game launched so that's 2014 then. I couldn't imagine starting a new save and losing all that progress.
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    I make new saves a lot so mu current one is about a week old i think i love the website you used btw for making a family tree i will definetly be using that fir my current one
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Wow, I hope all of you who have old saves have them backed up safely somewhere! Imagine losing it one day, that would be heartbreaking.

I'm one of those habitual re-starters, my current games are about two weeks old. Though I do have one that I probably started about a year ago, which I need to play again some time. I was playing it up until Seasons came out every now and then.
  • arielgtheone2bearielgtheone2be Posts: 13 New Member
    My oldest is from August 2013 on ts3 bc I was sick of always creating new saves and then not being happy with them so I made that save file and have saved separate files that were different choices I made from that one. Like a cheats file and a file with and without children. That type of thing.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    April 2016 or so, I think. Which is also when I started playing.

It's the only save I've ever played (though I do make new save files for it every now and then, but I doubt it's doing much).
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Probably not too old because I delete the saves I don't play anymore
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    My oldest was from February 2017. (I had older saves but are since gone)

Funny thing is this save is still what I'm using as of this post. The Levis started out as a Legacy Challenge that later on became an Alphabet Challenge. It's still going strong currently at Generation 34 as of this post
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    My oldest save is from November 2017, when I first got the game during the black friday sale. It was the first PC sims game I'd ever played. The sim I made was vaguely based on my own personality/facial features. She lived in Newcrest in a house I (very badly) built myself, married Don Lothario, and had three kids.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member
    I'm still using my save from the free trial. I played the free trial not long after it was released but didn't buy the game until 2017.
    3ZWheQM.gif
    Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Originally since 2015, but somethings happened, and now it's only a few months old.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Originally since 2015, but somethings happened, and now it's only a few months old.

Same here. I think, for me, it's because I didn't buy the game until 2017. I'm still using my free trial save from 2015 though.
    3ZWheQM.gif
    Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I only have 1 save, I started it the day the game cane out. I have a couple of families in each town ( except M. P ) that I rotate between. So far the game still runs smooth with no lags or crashing ( fingers crossed ). I've heard that too many families in a save can make your game have these issues.
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I started playing sims 4 somewhere around Spring 2016 and i had two rotational families. But then when City Living came out i decided to start out fresh, deleted the game and started a new one. Just to replay everything that happened in one of the rotational families, only in the city. I play with that save till this day, so it's more then one year old.
    It was a weird game at first. As soon as my sims two babies turned into kids and i adopted two more kids, toddlers came out. So i deleted their kids and started playing as if the mom only gotten pregnant. In the second generation i played as one of the four kids who lived in an apartment with his daughter and band. While playing with that household i suddenly thought that i don't want him to have three siblings so i deleted two of them, deleted all photos with them and pretended they didn't exist. My game was very weird, i know.
    Pretty soon i got bored with that household because there was no way to create a normal band in the sims 4. So i decided to age up his daughter and began playing as her. Thats when things started getting a bit more steadier. At least i stopped skipping through life states and deleting family members lol. Then i played through two more generations and then... I got bored of the legacy and decided that i'm not going to play with it any longer. I was already going to start a brand new save when i suddenly thought: what if i don't? I mean, i honestly don't want to spend three more days on redoing all of the maxis townies, creating 100 more townies (since i like to have a lot of people around in my game), adding more community lots. So... why not just create a family in this very save?
    And that's exactly what i did. And it is being a blast! I love seeing my old sims roaming around. I honestly don't think i'll ever start a new game.

Here are some photos of my old legacy: (i admit i have too much. All my sims homes are literally full of photos. Every room, every wall. They're all actually big but sized down using the size down command. Very helpful tip to keep the quality of the pictures somewhat decent. Wish i had screenshots but i deleted them all a while ago... but if anyone needs random photos to fill their walls i could upload these on the gallery. )
    4c25e99d0d5f.png

d0bd14fd2d47.png

4d2487c0704e.png

080b6fee7d86.png

ff383190ec1c.png

97dea91ef68d.png

f308415f927e.png

02d6b3f40887.png

12c43d849d81.png

3fc7c22ca376.png

135be302acc6.png

1fe38ed9133f.png

7350314dff63.png

84a2cc9ee2f0.png

594c09158b3b.png

a23da6640290.png

04780049b954.png

f1db300c4f48.png

85c5279ef1a3.png

c01bdf98e3ce.png

18f261523539.png

645e7a716335.png

655cb2c72a0f.png
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I currently have two saves, and the older one seems to be there since August 2017. I think I created the oldest one I ever had in October 2016, however, I don't have it anymore as it became too boring to me. I actually recreated this one a few days ago, in which I play the same family I started with in the old one, but with all the packs that came out in the meantime to add some new aspects to the storyline. I'm sure I can manage to keep it longer than the last one though.

I also have saves I only create to play out a specific storyline and after I finished it and have all my screenshots, I usually delete it for more space on my computer :D
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    My oldest save that I still have - Oct. 8, 2015. That's when Mary Burns was "born". :) Previously, it was Sept. 9, 2014 - when I first bought my game - until Hurricane Matthew put my old PC under 3 ft of water back in 2016! That's when I made my Sims4 version of Jetta Burns (Mary's mom). Thankfully, Mary's save was on my newer PC (and in a safer - higher up - location).
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited July 2018
    I remember the day when my child came to me, she was really little (6-7) and asked me to buy her sims game. I bought it for her after she completed all chores to make money for it. When she did it, sims 4 came out. So I bought sims 4 for her too. My save is that old. I have sims 3 that we purchased but never opened, and we have sims 4, purchased for her, me and my other child. I still play the same save. I was trying to play new save. I even have 2 families there, I liked them, but never loved. My first save has 13 played families at the moment. All of them are 3 to 7 generations. I can't stop playing it. If it would be gone, my sims 4 game would be gone.
    So how old is your oldest save and how much you love it ? Pictures of your oldest, but current save are welcome.
    I'll post my pictures tomorrow. I'm on another computer right now.

My oldest save is technically three years old. I uploaded the original Mooney family three years ago, shortly after my founding couple's second granddaughter became a child and their son had just asked his girlfriend to marry him. All sims prior to third generation- including the two older granddaughters- were created/born before the Toddler update.

The young adult in my avi is Rebekah Avery, oldest grandchild to Ryan Cole and Katherine Mooney(both deceased.)

In total, Ryan and Katherine have four grandchildren:
    Madison Mooney-Avery's Children
    Rebekah
    Rhyan(second granddaughter)

Ryder Mooney's Children:
    Cole(given his grandfather's last name as a first name)
    Harper
    (Poor Cole is the only boy in his generation!)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything