Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have a Sim's game that you regret purchasing?

It doesn't really matter whether or not it is a single game's expansion pack, a single stuff pack, or even an entire series; do you have a Sims game that you regret purchasing?

I am just curious.

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I have all the packs for 2 & 3 and I love every one of them.
    I initially took a stand against purchasing Showtime, because of the online features they forced into it, and the fact that some content was locked behind Simport, and for years I refused to buy it. However, when my older son earned his first dollars from his part time job, he bought everyone presents, and mine was Showtime.

I can't say I regret it, because it was a gift from my child and I loved that he thought of me. But it was a pack I wouldn't have ever bought for myself, despite dying to try out the Genie lifestate and the careers, simply on principle.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    So far none because I haven't bought Sims 4... >:)

majorreaction.gif
    :flame: :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • mikkimouse1978mikkimouse1978 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I guess after the Sims 3 and some of the issues I had with it (loading times, etc) I, too, did not see the use in purchasing the Sims 4.
  • Blueshoe111Blueshoe111 Posts: 42 Member
    I bought toddlers and kids stuff for ts4 mostly for the hairstyles,a month later I had completely switched to alpha. Complete waste
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    I don't think there's a sims game that I regret buying. I've managed to get good use out of all of them, even in just small ways. My one complaint is the Island Paradise EP with Isla Paradiso being very buggy. If that world could be played without thousands of glitches popping up the minute your sims step foot in that world, it would be perfect.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I haven't tried 4 and I only had a few EPs for TS2. I do have all the EPs and SPs for TS3 but am yet to try them. I was gifted the last two EPs I didn't own and I got Generations for free from an on-line competition so there's nothing to regret there - even if I'd paid for them I wouldn't regret it. I think the only thing I paid full price for was the base game. Everything else I bought on disc and at heavily discounted prices. I have started buying Store sets/items but only when they are greatly reduced. Although I could afford to buy everything full price I do love me a good bargain ;) Given how many hours I spent on TS2 and now TS3 I would say every penny was well spent and has never given me a moment of regret :)
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    I don't really regret anything. Each game or pack whether it's from TS1, TS2, TS3 or other spin-offs have provided me with entertainment in some way. I never really got into ITF though and I don't think my game would change much without it. However! I do plan to play with it soon :smile:
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited July 2018
    Movies cost $15 in the theaters, somewhat less online or on demand, but there's a subscription fee in there somewhere. Same with TV shows. How often is anything worth rewatching? Books are much better, but you still read just the one story a couple of times, and you remember it well enough that it can't surprise you anymore, and unless it's an incredible world, how much more time are you going to spend there?

I've played TS3 for almost eight years, on and off. I'm still fascinated by it, and fully immersed in the stories I've created. For all the entertainment the game has given me, it would already have been worth paying full price for each pack several times over, and I'm not even close to done with it. So no, I don't have any regrets.
  • CringecrewCringecrew Posts: 150 Member
    Cool kitchen stuff was a waste for me in The Sims 4. And I have no idea why I even bought Katy Perry sweet stuff in the Sims 3.
    latest?cb=20060827184625

• mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    I own the complete Sims 3 collection on disk (Katy Perry excluded). To date the only game I regret owning is Late Night. I was gifted this game by a friend. He heard me talking about how I wanted more instruments for my Sims, those instruments came with a cost...Vampires everywhere! Poor Sunset Valley was overrun with them! I'm not a 'supernatural' fan, preferring to play more realistically. So, I treat the Late Night game much like, Supernaturals and Island Paradise, they are more like stuff packs with interaction options added. While I'm thankful someone thought enough of me (and my Sims) to buy this, it is one I could have done without.

I own the entire TS3 Store and the only thing I dislike about some of the sets is how they will share the same item throughout several related packs. For example: The Ultra Lounge Boy's Bedroom set shares a few of the same items as the Girl's Bedroom set. This means I paid twice for an item which can only be loaded and used once.
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Cringecrew wrote: »
    Cool kitchen stuff was a waste for me in The Sims 4. And I have no idea why I even bought Katy Perry sweet stuff in the Sims 3.

I found a Katy Perry Sweet Treats in a second-hand store for like $2.50 but didn't buy it because I knew I would regret it :D
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I slightly regret having bought the Diesel Stuff Pack. I don't use much of it, and hate having non-Simlish writing on anything in my game. But that is minor. I don't regret the money spent supporting the franchise at all.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    afai1261 wrote: »
    Cringecrew wrote: »

I found a Katy Perry Sweet Treats in a second-hand store for like $2.50 but didn't buy it because I knew I would regret it :D

I have long said that I will only buy Katy Perry if and when I have a witch living in the forest who needs a house made of candy. :D Hasn't happened yet.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Ooh I forgot about Katy Perry. That means I erred in my first post, as I don't own that pack. So I don't have all of them. However, I did remark in one thread after looking at the TS4 release of my first C&D stuff, that the next time I saw a KP pack for sale with a physical copy, that I would actually buy it, knowing that I hadn't bought the worst pack in Sims history after all :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    To quote Edith Piaf, "Non, je ne regrette rien" B)
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    The only ones I regret are Island Paradise and Katy Perry. Never really cared for the features in IP and Katy Perry I only got to complete the collection.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    I regret buying Toddler Stuff Pack for TS4 because I really don't care about toddlers in TS4(I only care about kids, teens, YA, adults & elders because there is no story progression in TS4).
    And tbh I would have bought TS3 instead of TS4 if I had owned better PC in 2014. So I kinda regret not having better PC back then :lol:
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited July 2018
    No, I don't regret any Sims game purchased or gifted.

I have The Sims (2000) complete collection. Though, some of those EP's are still new to me and I haven't really explored gameplay as much yet. MM I was against as I don't care much for the unrealistic aspects in The Sims but I got it anyway just to complete the collection and besides, it was a lot easier to than TS2 which I'm not sure if I'll ever. I wish TS2: Ultimate Collection could be sold at Steam because I don't want Origin so I'll just stick with my physical copies.

I have The Sims 2 (2004)
    -University
    -Nightlife
    -Open for Business
    -H&M Fashion Stuff
    -Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff
    -Pets
    -Mansion & Garden Stuff
    -Family Fun Stuff

I have The Sims 3 (2009) complete collection.

Other Sims games.
    -The Sims (PS2)
    -The Sims Bustin' Out (PS2)
    -Urbz: Sims in the City (PS2)
    -The Sims 2: Castaway (PS2)
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited July 2018
    FYI, I only have TS2 and TS3 with some Eps (not all of them). I did play TS1 basegame too but that wasn't my purchase so whatever...

I actually experienced regret with Sims 2: Pets.
    Caused plenty of issues and general annoyances like flashing blue accessories, lag and insanely dominating pet wants.
    I was also pretty disappointed with the content itself. I love pets irl and I wasn't expecting anything more than pets (a.k.a I had no issues with the lack of other items) but since the pack was only about the animals, I expected them to be more complex with their personalities and behavior. Instead they felt really limited. For example: what kind of dog just sits and doesn't give a rat's behind when his/her owner is having a fight right next to her/him? Or a burglar? "Pffft, I'll just keep chewing on this toy", says the TS2 dog.
    Post edited by Thrior on
  • TeenWolf_1999TeenWolf_1999 Posts: 498 Member
    edited July 2018
    İf there were any packs that ı feel regret to buy that would be no doubt The Sims 3 Pets.Not because the pack is bad or boring.İt is because my computer can't run Pets lol.
    Because my computer is old and has a poor system ı usually check every game's system requirements before ı buy it.But when ı bought Pets ı had no slightest idea what my computer was and was not capable of.So with my one year saving(İs it because game prices in Turkey is really really expensive.İt is even more expensive if you buy it as boxed) ı bought Sims 3 Pets from the closest shop(Which was 2 hours away lol)
    After an hour of loading ı could not even play more than 10 minute because my game was crashed.
    In the end ı have an unplayable pack that costed me an one year saving.So if had known this ı wouldn't probably buy it.Or ı would buy it from Steam with a more appropriate price.
    VaguePepperyAmericancrayfish-max-1mb.gif
    Steam:Quanode
  • miniriedyminiriedy Posts: 15 Member
    The only thing I regret is selling my expansion packs when my family needed money LOL. I only owned Pets and Late Night and I loved them both, but dropping 100 bucks on a single game becomes more and more regretful the less money you have. ;D
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I can say I don’t regret my sims 1-3 purchases. I maybe don’t use all the content but I enjoy enough of each dlc for it to be worth it,

My regret would be the sims 4.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    I've only brought TS2 and TS3 as I was late to the Sims games and probably won't buy ever TS4, so at least I know that I won't ever regret buying that game. I've brought TS2 a year after TS3 came out, so I've brought every pack with the exception of The Glamour Life EP as that one wasn't being sold in stores anymore and it was quite expensive on E-Bay going for $85 at the time. But now I have the complete collection thinks to EA for giving away the TS2 UC before TS4 came out.

As for TS3, I have every EP, all but 2 SP as I didn't buy The Katy Perry Sweet Treats and Diesel as I had no interest in those and I have all of the store worlds and most of the store sets and venues. I have no regrets on buying any of the EP's as I love every one of them as they add variety to my game... :) I think that I will be playing TS3 for a very long time to come... <3<3
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    From TS3 there isn't anything I regret purchasing. If there were any packs I ever had to replace then I probably wouldn't repurchase Katy Perry's Sweet Treats mainly because I dislike having to edit townies caught wandering around in outfits not fit to be seen in public. The other pack would be IP, not because of the build/buy content which I love but because I can't use Isla Paradiso due to the bugs and glitches. Sometimes there is a downside to playing vanilla.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    For TS3, nothing really.

For TS4? Hum....City Living EP for sure.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1