Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Holidays you've created?

Comments

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    > @Paigeisin5 said:
    >
    > @Amapola76 I switched from seven day long seasons to 28 and just moved the holidays to where I wanted them to be. And, no, I did not experience any glitches when I did. Neighborhood Brawl is the only one I have not celebrated yet. Every time it pops up I have deleted it. So far. LOL I am going to celebrate it someday, though. I want to have one of my Sims develop a bad relationship with a townie then let them duke it out. The random holidays that pop up are just there if you want them to be, and you can edit, move or delete anything without worrying you're going to cause a problem with your game.

Thanks, that's good to know! If you don't mind me clarifying, when you say that you moved the holidays, do you mean that you deleted them and then recreated them on the day you wanted? Or is there an easier way?
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Deleted them then recreated them on the days that suited me.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I have done Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, Thanksgiving, Easter, May The Fourth Be With You ( Or Star Wars Day with costumes), Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Halloween, Superbowl Sunday, Football Night, Movie Night, Baking Day where my Sims load up their inventories with baked goods and give everything to townies as gifts, Valentine's Day, Friend Day, Friends and Family Dinner, Family Reunions, Summer Skate Fun, Winter Skating Date Night, Parents Day, Flower Day, BBQ and Swim Day, and several more.

@Amapola76 I switched from seven day long seasons to 28 and just moved the holidays to where I wanted them to be. And, no, I did not experience any glitches when I did. Neighborhood Brawl is the only one I have not celebrated yet. Every time it pops up I have deleted it. So far. LOL I am going to celebrate it someday, though. I want to have one of my Sims develop a bad relationship with a townie then let them duke it out. The random holidays that pop up are just there if you want them to be, and you can edit, move or delete anything without worrying you're going to cause a problem with your game.

Superbowl... Interesting I might wait on that one. I know Football is the point of it, But I'm more of a Soccer fan, So If I could make Soccer a the New Super Bowl that would be fun.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • thereesespiecethereesespiece Posts: 614 Member
    In addition to many already named, I've created Dia de los Muertos, theres a grand meal, remembrance, telling stories and drinking. 3 Kings Day, baking, gift giving, and a party spirit.
  • 0BookishSimmer00BookishSimmer0 Posts: 5 New Member
    Are there Events that nonactive sims can invite my sim to? My sim is tired of host EVERY.SINGLE.EVENT. lol
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Made some holidays to be conventions once I set up some places for it and for sims to be dressed in costumes was pretty neat.

Also decided to make Tanacon for the laughs and giggles when I saw Laruenzsides video and I was not disappointed it was about as terrible as it sounded.

Sims definitely don't like standing in lines for hours wetting themselves while fighting with one another and being hungry. Had a elder sim die from old age. :<
    5vJrxmT.png
  • kinqunikinquni Posts: 18 Member
    I’m not on my computer right now, and I’ve recently downloaded seasons and here are the events I’ve created; events are not in full detail, I don’t have my computer on. I have a 14 day period which is enough for holidays.
    Spring:
    Spring Welcoming: The welcoming day a few days after New Years where Spring Blooms and prepared to celebrate flowers. Work and School are still up.
    Love Day: A day dedicated to yourself and your significant other. Default, Work and School may or may not be up.
    Springfest: Subsituting Easter, Springfest is a day for sims to gather together and collect eggs while meeting the cute lil’ bunny and eat a big meal. Work and School are off.
    Summer
    Culturefest: Subsituting Canada Day, Culturefest is a day to embrace your culture and pride in your country.
    Friends and family gather together to watch fireworks and potentially spend it barbecuing. Work and School are off.
    Pride Parade: A day embracing members of the LGBTQ+ community. Similar to Love Day, but not entitled to significant others and can be spent with friends. Work and School are still up.
    National Soccer Day: Can be replaced for just national sports and similar to the World Cup. Family members gather around to watch sports and eat large meals to later exercise and drink all night. Work and School are still up.
    Autumn
    Halloween: A day to celebrate the thrills and mischief acts while children and teens explore for candy. If you dislike trick or treating, you can always stay home with friends and watch a good scare or throw a costume party. Work and School are off.
    Family Day: Similar to the day of the dead, families are respecting passed away members and friends or civilians are remembering brave heros. Later joined with drinks and story telling. Work and School are not off.
    Thanksgiving: Appreciation in thankfulness as already defaulted.
    Winter:
    Sacrifical Day: Members participating in this event are supposed to fast their food and make goals or achievements for the new year. By doing so, many sacrifice needs till New Years such as painting, fishing etc. Work and School are not off.
    Winter fest: default
    New Years: default
  • creedlescreedles Posts: 60 Member
    I made Halloween, and Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, "Valentime's Day", 14 holidays in the 28 days of summer called no school, a 4th of July holiday but I renamed it "Penky Day" because I wanted it to sound simlish. There was also going to make "National Toilet Day" so sims will learn to go to the bathroom on time, but that won't come until 2059, and in my game its still 2047. (a few generations played already)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I use holidays in conjunction with my clubs so enjoy certain holiday activities during a gathering and earn club points too. Double whammy!
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    edited July 2018
    The superbowl, black Friday, and 4th of july, and Halloween.
    Im a very basic person lol
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I'm not at all done exploring this feature yet and will probably fool around with it for a good while. That said, I do like to add a "spring day" for egg hunting, Leisure Day, Spooky Day and Snowflake Day - the latter three inspired by Seasons in The Sims 3.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
    edited November 2018
    Does anyone know of a way to make a tradition/event repeat weekly in Calendar? Like I'd like my sims to go to church every Sunday, but re-creating the event is getting tiresome. Not sure if it matters, but my seasons are modded. It is eternal winter in my game.
  • LaughCrinkleLaughCrinkle Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm big on Maxis Match, and world religions, and here's what I came up with after playing defaults through a year of seasons. I spent an evening fussing with the calendar until I was happier with cultural representation & felt all of the game-play (ways of celebrating) will get expressed - looking forward to playing through a more festive year this next go-around. Definitely will need to stock up on fireworks!!

These work out to around a holiday a week on the longest available settings (besides immortality), though the exception is that I wanted to recreate that flurry of holidays and then dead-zone until Valentines that is in my (USA-PNW) lived experience of winter.

Tried to come up with my own names unless Maxis used a name historically in the franchise. For a few I felt moved to invent a name based on confluence of Maxis and the impressions I've gathered from online research of global holidays and personal interactions with folk who celebrate holidays I didn't get to experience in my own youth. I also took various liberties such as moving 'Team Sunday' (my homage to USA's secular day to celebrate marketing, celebrities, and American football) out of it's real-world Spring and into midsummer. Another example of me taking liberties was the choice to condense all of Ramadan into just two days, much as I did with what the West calls our Christmas or holiday season.

*Spring*
    Love Day: Go On a Date, Romantic Spirit, Watch Romantic TV, Streaking
    PureFest (Qingming): Go on a Vacation or Travel, Cleaning, Remembrance, Gardening
    Easter: Egg Hunting, Flower Bunny, Decorate, Give Flowers

*Summer*
    Wellness Time (Ramadan): Fasting, Thankful Spirit, Make Resolutions, Give Gifts, Appreciate an Object
    Eid al-Fitr: Decorate-Love Day, Grand Meal, Attend Holiday Ceremony, Fireworks, Fire
    Team Sunday: Invite Guests, Watch Sports TV, Barb-B-Que, Exercise
    Leisure Day: Gardening, Drinking, Barb-B-Que, Water Fun, Fireworks

*Autumn*
    LightFest (Diwali): Decorate-New Years, Fireworks, Give Gifts, Appreciate an Object, Attend Holiday Ceremony
    Spooky Day: Spooky Spirit, Wear Costumes, Trick-or-Treat, Decorate-Spooky
    Día de los Muertos: Remembrance, Festive Lighting, Baking, Art and Music Spirit, Tell Stories
    HarvestFest: Decorate, Holiday Gnomes, Grand Meal, Thankful Spirit, Invite Guests

*Winter*
    Winterfest: Festive Spirit, Grand Meal, Father Winter, Decorate
    Snowflake Day: Polar Bear Plunge, Festive Lighting, Open Presents, Baking
    New Year's Eve: Decorate, Party Spirit, Drinking, Make Resolutions, Countdown to Midnight
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Liberty Day! But not in my ancestral game save, as they were still fighting for it. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm trying to use every activity so, so far have
    Spring
    1. Spring Clean - Clean, appease gnomes, air grievances, gardening
    2. Spring Fling (Though I do prefer Cinco De Mayo as a name) - water fun, streak, costumes, party spirit
    3. Love Day - Default with added "Watch Romance TV"
    4. Bunny day - (Easter) Egg hunt, Flower Bunny, Baking, Grand Meal
    Summer
    1. Llama Day - (4th July) Fireworks, BBQ, watch sports, water fun
    2. Summer Holiday - (Just 1 weekday) Travel or water fun
    3. Needs a better name - Musical and Art Festival spirit
    Autumn
    1. Harvestfest - (Default with gnomes removed)
    2. Bonfire night - Fireworks, fire
    3. Spooky day - (Halloween) Spooky Spirit, Mischievious spirit, costumes, trick or treat, fireworks
    Winter
    1. Day of the dead*- Spooky spirit, thankful spirit, tell stories, festive lighting, appreciate object (urns)
    2. Deck the Halls - (Xmas eve) decorate, father winter, religious ceremony
    3. Winterfest - Festive Lighting, Grand Meal, Give Presents, Open Presents, Invite Guests

I'm trying to also add a holiday that uses the Kinara, fasting and other candles but can't think of a name for it. I like generalized names over copying the holiday from RL. One thing I'd like is to be able to set the days for festivals from CL with the calendar so my geekcon isn't always a flood.
    Post edited by CaityTrina on
    caitytrina.png
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited March 2019
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    How do you get a corn/wheat maze? I don't see that as an option in my game... What about the music festival?

its not there yet but I'm hoping I can develop it into that. The music festival is just a gathering at a Celebrities Mansion I built, i can't get live music but putting a DJ Booth and stereos around seems like a fun way to do it till then.

I don't allow the lack of game content dictate what I can and can't do. I work with what I can do and hope I can do it later.

I'm not sure which DLC you do and don't have, but if you have Get Together you could create a club that has playing instruments as their main activity, set them to Invite Only, and make the lot that your festival is on their main hangout lot...then just have your sim then apply for invite via phone. They'll show up and play music, but I can't promise you how good they'll be at it...depends if their skills are high enough.

And by the way everybody, this is an amazing post and I am going to have to use some of these great ideas. I just started creating holidays, and I will use this for inspiration!

Ones I made so far:

The Big Game - Watch sports channel, Invite guests, Party Spirit

Nesting Day - Cleaning, Fasting, Exercising, Gardening

• TheRealTacomamaTheRealTacomama Posts: 109 Member
    You can create HOLIDAYS?

Then for sure I'm creating a Treat Yo' Self Day.
    Simming for twenty years...
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    What are some holidays you've added or created in your games? I just added Halloween and Easter, because they seemed like obvious ones. But there's so many potential options!

I made a work free day for all Friday's, it gives them a paid free day to spend with family. Plus 3 day weekend!
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    I'm too busy with trying all the new additions to the game I bought (Get famous, vampires, Strangerville) so the only holiday I made is Triley Day which basically is the anniversary of when my two Sims met (well as close to a guesstimate as it could be) It's just them drinking, shooting off fireworks, having a bonfire...woohoo pfft lol Maybe down the line I'll make other holidays, but for now that's it. I've kept all the premade ones and let the rando ones play out as they may.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I just added a lot of the same ones as other people, based on real holidays.
    I wanted to add St. Patricks Day. But there wasn't much in the options or decor that seemed to fit.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Here are a few that I always add to my Sims' Calendar.

Water Day, Remembrance Day, Knowledge Day, Halloween, Kids Day, Mother's/Father's Day, Left Handers Day, Pets Day, "Share The Love" Day.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    @gothprincess4ever You totally just reminded me that I need to make Children's Day. :) I'd meant to add it to my calendar, but forgot. :D
    Here are a few that I always add to my Sims' Calendar.

Water Day, Remembrance Day, Knowledge Day, Halloween, Kids Day, Mother's/Father's Day, Left Handers Day, Pets Day, "Share The Love" Day.

Aw cool! Could you let me know what each of your holidays have as goals?
    How do you get a corn/wheat maze? I don't see that as an option in my game... What about the music festival?

its not there yet but I'm hoping I can develop it into that. The music festival is just a gathering at a Celebrities Mansion I built, i can't get live music but putting a DJ Booth and stereos around seems like a fun way to do it till then.

I don't allow the lack of game content dictate what I can and can't do. I work with what I can do and hope I can do it later.

I just found this mod that adds "Play Instruments" as a holiday tradition. Had to share! https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/177488377483/random-holiday-traditions-seasons-dlc-just-a

• lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member
    Mine are (with two exceptions, one of which is religiously-based and the other is just an excuse to throw a kick-donkey party) pretty heavily cyclical and based around vaguely circle-of-life themes, so as well as Harvestfest (obvious), Winterfest (vaguely mythologically repurposed as about the continuation of life despite the harsh winter), Love Day and New Year's (which I haven't thought about much but which slot in pretty easily via fertility and the coming of spring respectively), I've added four custom holidays (spoiler tagged for length):
    Spring, Day 1 - Restoration Day
    (Air Grievances, Clean, Make Resolutions, Decorate, Garden)
    This one is like New Year's proper. Yeah, so you had the big party on NYE, whoopie doo. Now you've got a watcherawful hangover and you just want to yell at the neighbours for being so dang loud... what do you mean, it's a tradition?! Okay, that's a thing I guess... Maybe after that you can get your home back in order and see which of those drunken resolutions you actually want to keep...
    Summer, Day 1 - Prophets' Day
    (Fasting, Festive Lighting, Make Resolutions, Attend Holiday Ceremony)
    What are you giving up for Prophets' Day? If you're a good Jacoban, probably everything. This one was originally conceived as a Lenten archetype, heavily based on Ash Wednesday with some Good Friday thrown in, but you could also draw some pretty strong parallels to Yom Kippur. Only the really devout tend to pay much attention to this holiday, although those with an image to uphold may break out the scented candles and hit the gym a bit more over the next week or so.
    Summer, Day 7 - All Saints' Day
    (Sports TV, Drinks, BBQ, Invite Guests, Games)
    Originally, this festival was a celebration of all those who had gone before us. These days, it's mostly an excuse to get hammered and gorge yourself on grilled chicken. The annual All Saints' game is also a big attraction, with entire families often piling onto someone's poor overworked sofa to catch every minute.
    Autumn, Day 14 - Bonfire Night
    (Clean, Invite Guests, Fire, Fireworks, Party Spirit)
    Remember, remember, the last of November,
    Out with the old, in with the new,
    The year's growing old, so I'll ward off the cold
    With bonfires, marshmallows, and you.
    Jacob_Banner.png