Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Money Tree feels a little too cheaty

I'm happy to have the Money Tree back, but I wish it gave out smaller amounts. But I feel the same way about Dragon Fruit, so... Maybe it's just me.

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I just don't use it. Considering there's so many ways to earn money very easily it is a bit cheaty, since I feel like sims need more ways to lose money than earn it. Should tweak it to give out smaller amounts. Dunno if other sims like townies can 'steal' it themselves. Use to get sims that would do that a lot when I had one in Sims 2 take money from my money tree. :<

Dunno if the money tree is dormant in certain months like other plants in which that wouldn't be too bad, but of course you could just have it in a green house or something.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    I just don't use it. Considering there's so many ways to earn money very easily it is a bit cheaty, since I feel like sims need more ways to lose money than earn it. Should tweak it to give out smaller amounts. Dunno if other sims like townies can 'steal' it themselves. Use to get sims that would do that a lot when I had one in Sims 2 take money from my money tree. :<

Dunno if the money tree is dormant in certain months like other plants in which that wouldn't be too bad, but of course you could just have it in a green house or something.

I forgot about stealing it. That would be ok. I don't remember it handing out quite so much money previously.

I ended up deleting it. Did that. Done.

• Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    The old money tree was a nice little boost. But this version is like robbing a bank. Got rid of it and never going to use it again.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2018
    My sims have 35 nice quality money trees and 1 excellent quality money tree. The nice ones bring in 11,500 simoleons a day and the excellent ones bring in 15,110. So, they cumulatively make 61,110 simoleons a day (before even taking job earnings into account - one is level 10 athlete, the other is level 8 musician). I got one money tree from the rewards store and found out if you put a ready to harvest money tree in your family inventory you get 5 money tree seeds. So, I did that a few times and - BOOM - billionaires overnight.

Is the money tree cheating? I would say not officially, no, because it is in the rewards store. Is it cheating in spirit? Hell yeah. Fortunately that doesn’t bother me. I find it fun to pretend that my sims’ family got fithy rich by genetically engineering and farming money trees.
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited July 2018
    dizzydee_k wrote: »

I forgot about stealing it. That would be ok. I don't remember it handing out quite so much money previously.

I ended up deleting it. Did that. Done.

Yeah, in Sims 2 to get the money tree it's like 3,000 aspiration points and the most you can ever get from one is 1,200 a day. Usually you could get like 400 every 8 hours. Though there was the chance you could only get like 1 measley simoleon as well too. The money tree definitely should be nerfed or consequences. Neighbors stealing money from the tree would be amusing.

Kinda like when there was the counterfeit simoleon machine in the Sims 2. Even though it cost 27,500 aspiration points (WHOA) there was still a gamble in using it. Yep you can make money, BUT if you use it for too long or have a low aspiration bar an officer would come and FINE you for it. Not to mention your sim won't be able to use it for awhile or collect the money (kinda like a cool down period) and the machine can even catch fire. :neutral:

There really needs to be more consequences in the Sims 4.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Hey, all you need to do to make the money tree not feel cheaty is to place a thermostat and keep it turned on. Those bills will accumulate real quick.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • MoNationMoNation Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a money fruit but it won't germinate when I attempt to plant it at the Karaoke Legends apartment. Please help!
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    It takes a buttload of aspiration points to unlock, so I don't see it as any different to a high-level, high-paying career. Both take a lot of work to get to that point.
    wJbomAo.png