Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Empty-ish Quarter?

BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
Just speculating. Do you guys think this quarter will be paid DLC free Kate mentioned may happen? Not that there is any sign that'll happen but after dropping the Seasons bomb it wouldn't exactly surprise me either.

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    No, just more post-Seasons bug fixes. I want nothing else for this quarter than to see these bugs finally sorted.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    I don't expect any new pack until September.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    BoredinTX wrote: »
    Just speculating. Do you guys think this quarter will be paid DLC free Kate mentioned may happen? Not that there is any sign that'll happen but after dropping the Seasons bomb it wouldn't exactly surprise me either.

I hope not. I want a Pool Stuffpack. Normally we get a Summer Themed Pack.
    No, just more post-Seasons bug fixes. I want nothing else for this quarter than to see these bugs finally sorted.

Vanity Table is getting fixed in the Next Update SimGuruNick said.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member

Yeah but I think stuff packs are a thing of the past so we'll probably get a game pack in September. This makes a long summer for Simmers.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!

Yeah but I think stuff packs are a thing of the past so we'll probably get a game pack in September. This makes a long summer for Simmers.

No their not doing away with Stuffpacks there will just be less of them.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think we may be changing from quarters to halves or even wholes.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Well i'll be preparing for dry spells then.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

But surely Seasons can give everyone enough playtime to last until whatever is coming out next comes out. It's a nice meaty pack. Tons of gameplay. If we start getting bored and need to be satisfied every other month or so, all we get may be shallow SPs's.

But surely Seasons can give everyone enough playtime to last until whatever is coming out next comes out. It's a nice meaty pack. Tons of gameplay. If we start getting bored and need to be satisfied every other month or so, all we get may be shallow SPs's.

Even so I'm longing for a Pool Stuffpack now. I want more items for pools.
  • BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member

I remember seeing something about "The Summer of Sims." Weird to call it that when Seasons is all that came out... But who knows.

Quarters are financial quarters. All businesses have them. Sim's was just different because they released a teaser for them. I don't suspect any forms of teasers here on out.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    As much as I’m loving Seasons, it’s still kinda hilighting all the things I wish I could do with my sims. I’m guessing this will be a slow quarter. I’m not even convinced we will get a stuff pack! If I had to make any sort of guess I’d say expansion sometime in fall.
    edited July 2018
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    As much as I’m loving Seasons, it’s still kinda hilighting all the things I wish I could do with my sims. I’m guessing this will be a slow quarter. I’m not even convinced we will get a stuff pack! If I had to make any sort of guess I’d say expansion sometime in fall.

Last quarter was a slow quarter as well.
  • BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member

They usually don't release stuff around an EP do they?
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited July 2018
    If we get no more new content for a while, I will be a little bummed. I won't be too bummed though, it just means I can spend my money on something else in the meantime.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png

They have before. If I remember correctly a Sp came out the month following an expansion but I can't remember which EP.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member

I agree, and I’m a little disappointed about that because we aren’t getting quarterly news anymore so it feels really extra slow. I had some expectations for this year to be quite full and so far it’s just not. But I’m very happy with the content we HAVE gotten.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member

Everyone's hoping they'll patch over some of the wholes.
    Which would be spackle-tacular!
    Sorry, couldn't resist.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • EMZ_1EMZ_1 Posts: 42 Member

They have before. If I remember correctly a Sp came out the month following an expansion but I can't remember which EP.

We got get together in december 2015 and then we got Movie Hangout in january 2016
    We got city living in november 2016 and then we got Vintage Glamour in december 2016

So, we might get a SP in july\august
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited July 2018
    That tweet about "summer of sims" though. It looked like its purpose was to promise something.

I would like to get a new stuff pack. The last one wasn't good in my opinion, putting the money grabbing antics aside the content was weak. I always like getting new CAS items.
    agustd wrote: »
    That tweet about "summer of sims" though. It looked like its purpose was to promise something.

I would like to get a new stuff pack. The last one wasn't good in my opinion, putting the money grabbing antics aside the content was weak. I always like getting new CAS items.

Yes I think the Summer Of The Sims means a Summer Themed Pack is coming. I know a lot of people don't take it as that but I do.
    We got Seasons this summer and it has summer in it. How much more summer do you need? :D
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Well there is the dozen or so patches needed. Then we have the pool and romance thing going on. If done right and without looking greedy this bus has another 2 or 3 years left.
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    From what I remember, Summer is usually a little quiet from the gurus side.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    agustd wrote: »

Releasing a summer themed stuff pack right after Seasons is something they would totally do. Also we've been getting an outdoor focused stuff pack every summer since the start so it's very much possible.