Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer The Sims 4 Babies or Sims 3

1235...Next

Comments

• NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    The Sims 4 babies
    I don't miss moving the baby around so definitely TS4 babies. I'd like to have more customization options though : choosing their PJ, their bassinet, hair, etc
  • Shawnathan8Shawnathan8 Posts: 16 Member
    The Sims 4 babies
    Sims 4!
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2018
    The Sims 3 babies
    Sims 3 babies had items that could be used with them and were part of the family. The baby mat, swing, stroller ect. In S4, they are just stuck in whatever room the crib is in. From what I'm gathering, S2 babies were stuck on the lot.

I wish they would make a GP with families in mind with something for all ages/sexes. Canes/sticks/blood pressure checkers for elders, wills, grave yards, funeral service, more Grim interactions, passies(round & square) for infants and toddlers, diff outfits for infants(blanket, dress, sleeper, sleeping gown, onesies, diaper ect.) blankies for toddlers, all the items/things to do with infants from Sims2 & 3, regular sized baby dolls for toddlers & girls. More toys, riders for outside & other playground equipment pogo sticks to jump up/down on, boy/girl friend & fiancée in CAS options for relationships to start the game with, express love easier to use/available with all groups, flowers(diff colors)/candy/cards to give, ect. Babysitting career and a daycare to take kids to instead of just poof.
    A hood with a few houses, graveyard, and daycare would be awesome. Throw in a walk in ability to buy grocery store and you have a must have GP :)
  • kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    Didn't really have to think on this one too much - since my city living talking toilet has more social interactions than my bassinet slug.
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    But I think the TS4 toddlers are better, and I play them more than babies. So it's fine with me :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    Kali_Durga wrote: »
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    I'd like the gameplay of Sims freeplay babies for TS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HX12v5mxJM

why this looks better than sims 4.... :|

It doesn't?? This game doesn't even allow you to have long hair unless you complete some once a year event and just got pregnancy. The additional stuff for babies was released within I believe last two years and is only unlockable by quest.

@gummybear0724 of course the graphics are not as pretty as sims 4, but the animations seems to flow better, and the babies seem a little more independent.
  • tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    Movotti wrote: »
    * The sims 2 babies.

Wash them in the basin, leave them on the floor, with the dirty nappies and rancid bottles, to dry. That was the life.

I was just playing TS2 recently and omg it was HARD. I LOVED IT. I do miss the breastfeeding as that's how I feed my real life children, but the bottles definitely gave me more to time manage. Especially because I had TWINS. It was a miracle nobody died in my household lmao.
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    The Sims 2 babies were honestly the best. But for the sake of this poll, The Sims 3 babies. I don't care for this forced bassinet baby in the Sims 4 and the interactions are limited.
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    I wish we could put them in strollers or have them be carried. I age them up right away since they aren't very fun as babies.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    tasmabel wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »
    * The sims 2 babies.

Wash them in the basin, leave them on the floor, with the dirty nappies and rancid bottles, to dry. That was the life.

I was just playing TS2 recently and omg it was HARD. I LOVED IT. I do miss the breastfeeding as that's how I feed my real life children, but the bottles definitely gave me more to time manage. Especially because I had TWINS. It was a miracle nobody died in my household lmao.

Oh yes it was hard that I just had to age them up for I did not know how long I was going to last and I was getting frustrated with them. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    wow I cannot believe it but I do prefer the larva baby. I hate how Sim 4 babies are tied to that bassinet....UGH

Sims 2 babies are still best though.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    If Sims 2 babies were an actual option on this poll, I would have chosen those, though I still want Sim’s 3 babies freedom and the interactions (like putting them on a swing and a stroller, and taking them everywhere, etc).

Sims 2 babies had a baby swing and a baby gym that was just adorable - but they only sold it through the Sims 2 store.

Oh! Sims 2 has baby swings and baby gyms? :hushed: I didn’t know this!!! I never even knew about the Sims 2 store back then, either, lol! (I only had the base game and two expansion packs back then—and that was all I had during the entire Sims 2 lifespan.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    The Sims 4 babies
    I much prefer the babies in The Sims 4. They're a lot cuter than the burrito babies from The Sims 3 and I hated that sims would just leave the babies on the floor for no reason.

I once had a sim that went to a party, so instead of putting down the baby, he took it all the way to the party and then left the poor baby outside the house and went in to party. Father of the year award to him... :sweat_smile:

So yeah, I rather prefer that they're safe in their bassinet in The Sims 4. Although I did like the babies from The Sims 4, even though the sims still had the tendency to leave them on the cold hard floor...
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    The Sims 4 babies
    Sims 2 Babies for the win but with only the two options i went with 4 because i feel they interact with them better and they look better. Just can't move anywhere which is annoying. But not game breaking for me as they make up that mobility when they turn into toddlers.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    tasmabel wrote: »
    There is a mod for TS2 breastfeeding. http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,8084.0.html

I didn't vote in the poll as I prefer TS2 babies. TS3 had the pram which was cool and something I would like in 4 but I hate the larva babies. TS4 babies are extremely disappointing being tied permanently to the cot.
    TS2 babies are the cutest looking and had the most natural progression with the animations going from a hug, to play and back to the snuggle without having to put the baby back into the cot in between. The two Store items made bringing them into the living more natural feeling, they were part of the household not just an annoyance stuffed away in a corner.

iscQh5U.png
  • jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    sims 3 babies for sure. the sims 4 babies are cute and all but they're boring.
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • StrongbumblebeeStrongbumblebee Posts: 65 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    Another one for sims 2 babies best, but I liked sims 3 babies better than sims 4
    Cristi - Sim fan for many years

Check out my first ever challenge!

Builder, Simmer, and Challenge lover!
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2018
    The Sims 3 babies
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    I'd like the gameplay of Sims freeplay babies for TS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HX12v5mxJM

Why is it that Freeplay always seems to put the PC/Mac version of the game to shame?

Those are the kind of interactions and animations that I would like to see in my game. But since I don't have those interactions, the TS3 Burrito Baby wins, hands down. Like the Freeplay babies, they may not be cute, but they're not furniture.

ETA: I love the Freeplay interactions, but in no way do I want a Sim game that takes hours and/or days to complete an action. Just no.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I would have voted for the Sims 2 babies had you included them in the poll. They looked the best, you could tell what their hair & eye color would be. I loved how we could bathe them in the sink, put them on the play mat or in the infant swing. I also had a mod that allowed them to be breastfed.

Sims 3 babies are nice for all the actions you can do with them. Rocking, pushing in a stroller, etc. But I'm not fond of the burrito baby look.

The only thing I like about Sims 4 babies is that they can be breastfed without a mod. Otherwise they're a huge disappointment. I keep hoping for a massive overhaul.