Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer The Sims 4 Babies or Sims 3

Comments

• Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    MollieLou wrote: »
    I actually like the babies from TS2 the most!

I would have chosen TS2 if it was an option for sure.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited July 2018
    Sims 2 isn't on here, so I can't vote. :#

I'd rather they didn't bring the no-leg burrito baby atrocities to the Sims 4. In terms of being able to move around with them as Sims 2 and 3 I would like to see that.

But in looks? They were pretty hideous. :s

Feel like Sims 2 was the only one that had pretty cute babies. With the Sims 4 the sounds of the babies are pretty spot on and it makes me feel bad when I hear the baby crying. Even being confined to the bassinet they were still pretty lively.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The Sims 4 babies
    I prefer their appearance in TS4, but I hate not being able to view their needs in TS4. I also think they are more needy in TS4. Plus, I’d love it if they weren’t tied to their bassinet.

I prefer The Sims 4 babies to the burrito babies of Sims 3. If we could get more freedom with the Sims 4 babies that would be a great improvement.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    They are seriously boring in both games.

As for gameplay, the TS3 babies were obviously more fleshed out and you had more interactions with them. However, they looked like burritos.
    The babies in TS4 on the other hand look much better. They don't look good, but atleast a bit like human babies. But you can't do anything with them.

I really don't know which ones I prefer, as I'm not too fond of them in both games.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    The Sims 4 babies
    I did researched between sims 3 and sims 4 before purchasing. Since I was replacing my original The Sims game that I had played for 15 years. I can say that I prefer babies from sims 4, because I was used to that type of format.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Sims 2 babies were the best - their only issue was having no clothes and no blankets to cover them - but I love they reacted to things and if laying on the floor would watch their parents instead of just laying there like a log.

Sims 3 I did not like the way they were just wrapped in a blanket - still no clothes either so we called them burrito babies. They were stiff if you put them in a stroller or baby swing - sort of creeped me out and reminded me more of a doll than a baby/ Also like Sims 1 poof babies.

I adore Sims 4 toddlers - best ever - but not the babies. Your sims cannot react with them like a baby and again the only clothes they have is the one outfit they are apparently born in.

Come on devs - some of you must have had babies and even you have to know you guys need to apply a lot more. These are not supposed to be a childs baby doll - but it is supposed to be the first life stage of a sim. You are talented people who make the sims - surely you can master their first stage on a more human like level and sims need clothes - even their baby stage. Parents react with their babies - why don't our sims? Again they are not a doll. Bring them to life - please.

Believe me until we actually have a newborn that is like a newborn - I cannot pick a sims 3 or 4 newborn as they both were not representatives of our sims first life stage to be honest.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,869 Member
    edited July 2018
    The Sims 4 babies
    2 better than 4 but 4 better than 3.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Its hard to tell... I hate to see parents dropping the kids off the bathroom floor, I love the fact that we have breastfeeding, and they are more pretty than the burritos babies. But, i miss the strollers, to put them in swings, to take them when we travel... I miss the reality part of the thing. I dont think that they have to get the babies out of the bassinet. They could create a code to detach the baby from the bassinet, but attaching them to other objects, like the strollers or whatever... For travelling, they could include baby baskets, like the ones our babies arrived in sims 3 (idk if we have that in sims4 when we adopt, i dont remember). idk, I havent been thinking about them a lot, they grow so fast (thanks god)...
  • Options
    -Haner96-Haner96 Posts: 18 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    TS3 babies all the way!
  • Options
    Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    I also like how they hold them in TS4 a lot more. Though I want sims to carry babies around :3

u9Va3Z2.png

dTMdjGX.png

gK4i8yE.png

VYuVw8m.png
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    The Sims 4 babies
    Adding my vote for Sims2 as well. Only one that did babies up right.
    Neither 3 nor 4 did that very well so don't prefer one over the other.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    I miss being able to do things with my Sims 3 babies.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    matthewrodneymatthewrodney Posts: 150 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    I hate all the babies, if I'm honest. But I prefer TS3 over 4 because in 4 I don't interact with them at all. One of my Sims will always do what needs to be done and I forget all about the baby until they're a toddler.
    pax_link.jpg?w=680
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    The Sims 4 babies
    Sims 4. They're cuter and they don't do much.

Though, to be honest, my favorite part of the babies and toddlers in either game is aging them up into children because I very much do not enjoy those early life stages. So the less the interactive the babies are, the better.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited July 2018
    rubahluba wrote: »
    I liked that they weren't just objects in The Sims 3. We could take them for walks in strollers, walk around with them, put them in the swing.

They were most definitely objects as far as coding is concerned, but I get what you mean.

I didn't vote because the answer depends.

Sims 3 has better gameplay with babies hands down even as burritos, but I prefer the look of sims 4.

Edit: people are pointing out sims. Definitely sims 2 wins hands down.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Sims 2 babies were the best - their only issue was having no clothes and no blankets to cover them - but I love they reacted to things and if laying on the floor would watch their parents instead of just laying there like a log.

Sims 3 I did not like the way they were just wrapped in a blanket - still no clothes either so we called them burrito babies. They were stiff if you put them in a stroller or baby swing - sort of creeped me out and reminded me more of a doll than a baby/ Also like Sims 1 poof babies.

I adore Sims 4 toddlers - best ever - but not the babies. Your sims cannot react with them like a baby and again the only clothes they have is the one outfit they are apparently born in.

Come on devs - some of you must have had babies and even you have to know you guys need to apply a lot more. These are not supposed to be a childs baby doll - but it is supposed to be the first life stage of a sim. You are talented people who make the sims - surely you can master their first stage on a more human like level and sims need clothes - even their baby stage. Parents react with their babies - why don't our sims? Again they are not a doll. Bring them to life - please.

Believe me until we actually have a newborn that is like a newborn - I cannot pick a sims 3 or 4 newborn as they both were not representatives of our sims first life stage to be honest.

Agreed 100 percent.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2018
    The Sims 3 babies
    A bit of a shame you didn’t include Sims 2 babies. I would have chosen those ;)
    (I’m not a big fan of Sims 3 babies but it is important to me they’re not tied to their bassinet plus I really dislike the looks of Sims 4 babies, find them a bit creepy tbh)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Dellimaccas123Dellimaccas123 Posts: 94 Member
    edited July 2018
    The Sims 3 babies
    I agree with the fact that sims 2 babies had a lot of interaction i should have put up a sim 2 baby vote to but figured the sims 3 an two wernt too much different other than the baby looking like a burrito but i definitely agree that something has to change with the sims 4 babies cause their just annoying and i dont like that life stage at all because of it,
    even with mods they look cute but just so boring chillin in there bassinet all the time and i play the longest life span you can so my babies dont age up for about 7 days maybe even 10 not sure but its a while and you cant edit each life stages length so they have to stay that way just wish you could do more it would make the game so much more realistic
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    The Sims 4 babies
    To be fair they're both awful, but I'd have to with sims 4 just because I hated how they looked in sims 3. I really didn't like the swaddled look on them cause it was just super odd looking. My sims also had a habit of leaving the babies everywhere. I remember throwing a party and there was a townies baby there but when everyone left I saw the baby was just left on the sidewalk. They are awful in sims 4 but they look slightly better imo.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I like both - the Sims 4 babies are very cute, and I think they're more realistic in their sounds and movements. There are more social interactions with the Sims 4 babies - I had a very cute moment when a toddler got to meet her new little sister. I like not needing a mod for breastfeeding, too. I do miss giving them baths, however, and I wish the nappies wouldn't just disappear (for toddlers as well).
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    I prefer both the Sims 2 and 3 babies over the ones we have in Sims 4. TS3 was actual sims you could interact with by taking them with you to places. With Generations, you could put a baby in a stroller and take them for a walk where ever your sim wanted to go. In TS4 they are glued to that little bassinet of theirs. Even though I play on a long lifespan, babies are aged up after about a 24 hours, Sim time. I can't deal with them any longer than that.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2018
    The Sims 3 babies
    Burrito Baby

Both are pretty useless to me but at least the S3 version isn't an object you can get in the buydebug catalog. :| I use a CC outfit for legs and a mod for breastfeeding plus the store content babies can use. But honesty they hardly leave the crib anyways until it's time to age up.

Agree with those mentioning S2 babies... I miss bathing in the sink.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2018
    The Sims 4 babies
    To make a poll like this you have to have players who have played both and it is a little unfair to those who have just found the Sims as Sims4 as they cannot make a decision, can they? Not those of the age EA are now aiming at anyway. It tends to end in arguments not on topic. Maybe this needs to be in the Sims3 section?

• Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    TS3 because they weren't attached to the crib and felt more a part of the family. TS4 babies are just objects.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    I miss being able to do things with my Sims 3 babies.

agree.

i use to like using the bouncer,the stroller, the baby bath and changer. the walker,

one single item for them still after nearly 4 years :#

freeplay have better newborns

both newborns and elders have been seriously neglected in this game :o
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon