Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One thing you dislike about seasons?...

Comments

• Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    The one feature that could've been added to Seasons, to up the ante of gift-giving, should've been some kind of "wish list" or something to that effect. Like your Sim would want a new pet or a new toy for their birthday or Christmas. Otherwise, gift-giving is just random. Not that I don't enjoy the whole gift-giving thing now. I love it. I just wish that our Sims were given some kind of desire to own something.

This goes to highlight an argument i've seen many times by simmers, and a complaint I have as well. Sims don't acknowledge their environment all that well.

When you can delete an entire sofa set that your sim is standing beside and.... nothing. No reaction whatsoever to the suddenly missing furniture... or when you can buy your sims a brand new stove and fridge and they don't seem to even notice or care....... its difficult to expect these same sims to show interest in receiving a particular gift.

What you "do" get however, is a background script assign a notification suggesting that the sims is happy with new surroundings. Which, in my opinion, is a message that should have been sent to the sim instead of (me the player) to encourage the sim to show a little more emotion. I mean really, if they are that happy about the new surroundings they may want to tell their face. The sim seems to be doing the same thing it was doing for the last 20 minutes or so. If she's happy, great, but maybe somebody should tell "her".

I agree. I know I keep referencing past Sims games (especially 1 and 2) because they seem more interactive not only to their fellow Sims but also to their environment. I remember when I was playing Sims 2, my girl Sim broke up with her boyfriend and then moved on to a new guy. Then after a while (Sim time), they got married and the ex-boyfriend showed up uninvited during the wedding and was crying his heart out right outside the place where my Sim was getting married. It really blew my mind!

In Sims 1, if your Sim is asleep and you turn on the radio or TV, they wake up complaining loudly about the noise, (and they really look so plum about it) which is fascinating and adorable, in a way. Another thing that I can remember from Sims 1 is the conversation progression wherein when your Sim first meets a fellow Sim, they don't have a lot of conversation options (and I'm not just talking about romantic interactions) but as your relationship progresses, newer options come up. I remember how hard it was to make friends in Sims 1 and 2. It really was quite challenging 'cause even if you keep talking to them, if they don't feel you, then your relationship simply won't progress to the next level that easily. I'm kind of hoping to get that kind of unrequited love-type of relationship in Sims 4 but I guess that's kind of impossible. Anyway, I think I've digressed. Sorry lol

Also digressing, but this is something I REALLY miss. I'm so sick of always choosing the same 🐸🐸🐸🐸 social options. I want DRAMA and unpredictability, and I don't mean like, "Oh, there's a fire." And I miss robbers being taken away by the cops! Why aren't the criminals in my game being criminals?!
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    The bugs really, why are there so many? :/
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    JPsimmer wrote: »
    How nobody uses the rinks. Like AT ALL!

I know. Also how you can't make a venue into a proper skating rink party place. Like a real indoor rollerskating rink with food and music and stuff. I tried and it's a mega failure. Nobody wants to use the rink, even when I invite them to go skating with my sim. :<

I saw only one or two sims skating when my sim was there. Never had more than 2 sims on the rink at the same time, maybe there is a limit? Anyway, I guess it could be a more active venue if used for club activity?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Lilia1971 wrote: »
    I got annoyed yesterday. My sim was in a vest top & shorts but as it wasn’t the designated hot weather vest top & shorts, she was going to burn to death!!! Ridiculous.

I find this the most annoying thing. My sim can wear shorts and a tank top but if it's not considered "hot weather clothing" then it's like she's wearing a parka and fur boots.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    I haven't played with Seasons a huge amount, but it's OK for me so far. I do think it's kind of stupid that Sims don't change into their Everyday outfits when they go back inside... like really, there is no reason for my female Sim to wear sunglasses indoors! My toddler's Everyday and Hot Weather outfits are virtually identical, but oh noes Everyday is too hot. I don't dislike it per se, just find it odd.
    I'm OK with the number of traditions, and don't really care so much about the lack of holiday icons.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    It makes too many of the other packs practically unusable. It rains to much to use JA very well, the extreme temps make camping in a tent almost impossible, all my festivals have been storming or freezing.. I find my Sims just staying home mostly, and I’m getting rather bored. I think I’ll have to start turning the rain off which is disappointing, or maybe look for mods which is something I try to keep to a minimum. :|
  • alright_namealright_name Posts: 31 Member
    When it's cold weather I want my sims to only wear their cold weather clothes outside and then change into their normal clothes when they come back inside. I dress my sims in windenburg very heavily packed for the winter and when they come back inside they look ridiculous so I have to change them into their normal clothes manually--but I don't like doing that because I'm lazy. ;P
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    KatzMeowz wrote: »

2. I also don't like how the scouting system is exactly the same for both ages and both genders. Boy and girl scouts don't do the same things, nor do teen and child scouts do the same things. Scouting activities are supposed to be based around the age and gender of their members. I wish they had different activities and also more than only 9 badges to earn.

I did explorer scouts, had a boy scout uniform and did everything the boys did when I was a teen girl 20 years ago. I even went to Philmont twice.

Also, doesn't the boyscouts of America accept female members nowadays?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    Stinky leaves.
    ...What?

Maybe leaves work differently in America, but I have never EVER come across dead leaves, in heaps, piles, composts or on the ground, moulding or otherwise, that has smelled anything else than "Forest" or maybe "plant soil" if composed enough.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Stinky leaves.
    ...What?

Maybe leaves work differently in America, but I have never EVER come across dead leaves, in heaps, piles, composts or on the ground, moulding or otherwise, that has smelled anything else than "Forest" or maybe "plant soil" if composed enough.

The only time leaves actually stink in America is when something (or someone :s ) has "done their business" in them. I'm not sure who's brilliant idea that was. :/ Maybe they were trying to take the idea of animals using them as litter boxes and it went to the extreme (like some of the moodlets). *shrug*
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Lack of holiday icons. There really isn’t many and a few of them look similar. The cake icons for example, great the more the marrier but why 2 cake icons and no Mother’s/ Father’s Day icon. Btw what holiday with the 2 people sharing blocks suppose to be for?

When I see the two people sharing blocks I get “playdate” vibes
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    The leaf piles are disgusting. I do not understand that decision at all. The only thing I can think of is the person who made that fabulous "design decision" has never actually spent any time outdoors in real nature. It was not a good choice. I am also not a fan of the way the clothing categories work this time around. I think they should have kept the outerwear category from Sims 3 and then added one for hot weather. I am enjoying the rest of the pack though.
  • creedlescreedles Posts: 60 Member
    > @ParmaViolet87 said:
    > The snowball/waterballoon fights. They're frustrating to watch.

I agree, they are so slow
  • creedlescreedles Posts: 60 Member
    One thing I don't like is how premade holidays return the following year after I deleted them all the previous year. I made a Christmas and Halloween and Thanks Giving and those are permanent now, but I always find myself deleting "Talk like a Pirate Day" and "prank day" and "brawl day" but then those holidays come back and they get on my nerds.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    edited July 2018
    My biggest annoyances are the leaf piles and the way the clothing changes were implemented in CAS. Who made these decisions?
  • TvldivaTvldiva Posts: 70 Member
    I don't like the prank gifts, and why do they keep wearing the outwear inside the house drive's me crazy
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    One thing I dislike is the way sims can't ice skate together or interact in any way when they are on the ice :/
    There just aren't enough sim to sim interactions for me. Even when sims "do things together" they just all do it at the same time and next to each other but that's it really.
    Other than that, I like most of the pack though.
  • JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    edited July 2018
    The things I dislike (hate, more like) are:

Autumn leaf piles! They're so broken it's ridiculous; they never go away. They even spawn in Spring, Summer & Winter. I mean, come on guys...

The pathetic snowball/waterballoon fights.

Simulation lag.

But everything else is lovely.
    edited July 2018
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Stinky leaves.
    ...What?

The only time leaves actually stink in America is when something (or someone :s ) has "done their business" in them. I'm not sure who's brilliant idea that was. :/ Maybe they were trying to take the idea of animals using them as litter boxes and it went to the extreme (like some of the moodlets). *shrug*
    michelei wrote: »
    The leaf piles are disgusting. I do not understand that decision at all. The only thing I can think of is the person who made that fabulous "design decision" has never actually spent any time outdoors in real nature. It was not a good choice. I am also not a fan of the way the clothing categories work this time around. I think they should have kept the outerwear category from Sims 3 and then added one for hot weather. I am enjoying the rest of the pack though.

My suspicion is that the idea was pitched either because "we need more obstacles" or, more likely, that person heard that "composts can smell".
    Yeah they do. If you have an actual compost heap that contains things like kitchen scraps, bones, rotting leftovers and animal dung in it.
    Again, decomposing plant matter does not, and cannot, stink by itself.
  • wsusimsgirlwsusimsgirl Posts: 1 New Member
    So my game is severely lagging. I have no idea where to post so figured here could work. I'm playing on a Mac Book Pro, I have quite a few expansions and stuff packs added, this issue started out of no where. I uninstalled the game and then re-installed it and it's still the same issue. I tried to put the game in "laptop" mode but I was unable to even click the button, so it's not just in-game lagging, it's even in the main menu. Now that the game is closed, my computer is back to normal, I'm really not sure what the issue could be? Maybe not enough memory available on my laptop? I didn't have this issue until about a month ago or so. Any help would be appreciated, thanks so much!
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm unhappy with the gross leaf piles that pop up everywhere in the neighborhood. My only option is to burn them, which doesn't always work. Even when it does, it leaves a ash pile. Also, we need a composting bin like we had in Sims 2. I want to use the leaves for making fertilizer.

I also don't like prank gifts. Even my nice sims do this when they're feeling playful. It needs to stop. Playful=/=mean so I'd like it to not be an autonomous action. I'd like to direct it, or only have sims with the mean trait do it. A dog poo prank gift isn't funny.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    In order...
    1) no snow depth *me sad*
    2) The stupid leaf piles that are out in the world and you can't even through them away or the ashes!
    3) Not changing back into normal clothing after going outside into hot/cold clothing
    4) I wish when it is windy that the wind would be a bit stronger so the trees REALLY move about, sometimes I can't see them move much at all.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    It makes too many of the other packs practically unusable. It rains to much to use JA very well, the extreme temps make camping in a tent almost impossible, all my festivals have been storming or freezing.. I find my Sims just staying home mostly, and I’m getting rather bored. I think I’ll have to start turning the rain off which is disappointing, or maybe look for mods which is something I try to keep to a minimum. :|

This. It is like they did not consider the weather effects on existing game play at all - there are many outdoor activities and the storms ruin these activities. The festivals are all outside and are mostly unusable now.

I also do not like that we do not get to choose what weather is in a world like we did in Sims 2 and 3- that they chose for us. I realize it is not realistic to snow in a desert like Oasis Springs but I don't pay this game to have reality - have enough of that in reality! It is just boring in Oasis Springs now. The weather machine is a joke in Oasis Springs - does essentially nothing for snow.

My other main gripe is the truly lame snowball and water balloon fights - I honesty don't even know why they bothered.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I love Seasons, it's added so much more gameplay and visual immersion into the game. But, as mentioned quite a lot around the forums, I dislike the rotting, smelly leaf piles. It's almost like whoever decided on the feature has never taken a walk through the woods. I enjoy hiking in Autumn and one of the things that makes it so enjoyable is the lovely Earthy smell of decaying leaves. It's one of the best smells and helps define the Season for me.

It's just sad seeing all these smelly, fly infested leaf piles around the worlds that won't go away. What's even worse is that NPC/Townies will gleefully play in them too. Ick! o.O

I try to ignore these leaf piles the best I can though, I won't like it, but I can live with it if a patch to fix them isn't forthcoming. What I'm finding harder to accept is the new plant splicing system. I know this isn't a glitch/bug and isn't really part of Seasons since it came in a patch beforehand. But I believe it was implemented because of Seasons.

I love having gardening Sims and was thrilled when I found out about the Floral arranging skill that came with Seasons. But, unfortunately, it's not all that fun for me anymore. There's now only a 1% chance of getting the spliced flower/produce you want. 1%!! I know why they did it, because rare plants are so much more valuable now. But, 1%?!?! I think that's way too low. My Sim is in the middle of her second 'year' of 14 day seasons and she has yet to get a Bird of Paradise flower from her six spliced plants. *sigh*

It makes me not want to garden very much anymore and that's just sad. I love a challenge, but that's just ridiculous in my opinion. My Sim did manage to get an Orchid though. But not from splicing. She bought 50,000 simoleans worth of rare plant seed packets to get one. That's fine since she won the Lotto and could afford to do that. But that still leaves most financially challenged Sims and those without Level 10 gardening skills out in the cold hoping and praying for that 1% miracle to happen.

I apologize for the rant, but these two things, especially the splicing system, just really grind my gears. :/ Bleh...
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    They don't spontaneously use the swings.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif