Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suddenly having a small issue with one of my sims

I tried to get her to go out to her mailbox and pay the bills but she wouldn't go. At first I figured oh it's raining maybe she doesn't want to go while it's raining. Then I tried again after the rain stopped and she still won't budge. The action picture shows on the top left of the screen and then *poof* vanishes almost immediately. She's done everything else I told her up till now. I even tried to reset her with the command through NRAAS and...nope! Anyone know what could be causing this or what I could do to fix it?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    I tried to get her to go out to her mailbox and pay the bills but she wouldn't go. At first I figured oh it's raining maybe she doesn't want to go while it's raining. Then I tried again after the rain stopped and she still won't budge. The action picture shows on the top left of the screen and then *poof* vanishes almost immediately. She's done everything else I told her up till now. I even tried to reset her with the command through NRAAS and...nope! Anyone know what could be causing this or what I could do to fix it?

Thanks! :)
    Try MC Resetting the entire lot.

If that doesn't fix it, retreat to Edit Town, evict the entire household to the side of the screen, copy the lot down to the bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move everyone back in without having left the screen. If there are any invisible objects blocking her path to the mailbox or right around it, this should get rid of them.

And if that doesn't do it, you may have to try replacing the mailbox.

But don't let your husband anywhere near this, he'll just want to blow the mailbox and everything else up. >:):p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited July 2018
    ...wait...what? :D Did someone say "Big BOOM?" Late to the party here, but...

Yeah, I second what @igazor said about the solution. Hidden objects can be blocking a sim's path to the outside. I've had to remove a whole lot because the routing was all weird. Also in addition to what @igazor says, if you have got objects too close to the gate's foot print, you will automatically end up with routing problems.

Quick note about "bulldozing" - if you have a house on there, bulldozing should clear up everything visible as well as invisible objects. For future reference: If you see an empty lot with a house icon visible...that means that lot contains invisible objects. You bulldoze it first until you see a blank angled square; then build.

For example when I had my sims' house in @Rflong7's Legacy Island; I had to be extremely careful where where I'd place certain objects in proximity to the gate. Because anything that blocks a sim's easy exit out the front gate will cause a routing error. Rule of thumb with gates. Keep everything clear up to two spaces around the gate's footprint (You know that little red bunch of squares that you find when you're placing an object? TWO spaces beyond that in every direction.

See in this picture: I had a Torii gate (it's CC); and I had it too close to the gate, so I had to move it back one space beyond the footprint of the gate. If you put something too close to the foot-print of the gate, you will automatically have routing problems.

Screenshot-11.jpg

@igazor is the NRAAS guru here, @Featherbelle, hon. :)<3 He's awesome. Do what @igazor said and see if that problem clears up.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    @Nikkei_Simmer - That's a good point about the gate footprint. I was reading the issue as @Featherbelle's sim could successfully make it to the mailbox whenever she needed to until suddenly...she couldn't, so my assumption (perhaps false) was that the box and the gate or whatever else might be around it was there already and hadn't been moved around.

But yes, routing can go all wonky when things are too tight or too close the edges all by itself with no other changes having taken place, should have thought of that.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    I don't know either; @igazor. We don't tend to play in the same room, so I can't tell if she was able to get out successfully or not either. :D I just offered that solution up also as an alternative. I've found out the hard way to check objects proximity to the gate because it's caused me major problems too.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~