Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many floors do you put into most of your home builds?

catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

How many floors do you put into most of your home builds? 170 votes

One story
21%
IcewolfmcruddCorkysPetalssimgirl1010misscbongTanja1986duhboy2u2SimplyToriAmeliasaurcheifeagleeyexhissuxKarababy52DeKayfeetinstockingsRebcoonDestin2016marinapjanicSimtown15Raven_CatJojoMOMSTER 37 votes
Two stories
54%
auroraael14JaiSeaGalacticGalLaBlue0314jeLlyBeAn1573UnDutchablesims2freak737Kathy090660HowGreatThouArtAngel_mixUmbralFlowerKementarixdawnxMissSassyturmalina007hannaaj22sekojranajaymancrazLatteCrabNezImani 93 votes
Three stories
1%
Glitterbuzoklio 2 votes
Four Stories
0%
0Furball0 1 vote
one and basement
1%
Bagoas77SjofnDoloresGrey 3 votes
two and basement
12%
EvvieSimmerredrogue60AndreaTheHeroMeteoraStormdrake_mccartymock68e1990rdavina1221AlbaWaterhousewendelyneRostri-JoduKathykinsEmmpSAEldarinwithlovejulienMissNightOwlGamingTweetyChelsPlaySimsHello_Katie7Kali_Durga 22 votes
three and basement
4%
overoncatmando830mk72118MsKatieRoseLisaLadybirD_nataliex4m1r4 7 votes
four and basement
2%
Flexono1drakhariscoolsim9999999ItsJanierMelanieScribbles 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    three and basement
    Maybe, I should have asked as to why you choose to build the way you do.
  • Options
    takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    One story
    I'm no amazing builder, but I feel like having more than a couple of stories can become a hassle or unrealistic in gameplay unless you're specifically playing sims living in a kind of mansion type house. That's just my opinion so I never build much taller than that. I also hardly ever build basements! I love them though, they can be so cool especially in public lots like clubs
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    One story
    One storey in the interior cuz stairs are a waste of time. They probably take like 30 sim mins to go up or down. XD

And I also don't like to toggle through the storeys.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Two stories
    Generally two, but it all depends on what I'm building. Going up, not out, saves precious lot space - important in view of the weensey lots we've been given. Vickies are at least two with basement, more if there's a tower or two involved. I just finished a helicopter facility in TS2 with one building having 4 levels: terminal on 1st, quarters for staff on 2nd, lower control tower level on 3rd, and the manned control area on the 4th. The tallest has been 7 levels (TS2 again) where I recreated a Victorian building in Bermuda using a copy of the plans. Not even the biggest lot in the game was enough, so the ends were a bit crimped. Needed the number of levels cheat, too.
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Two stories
    I like at least 2 floors. I never liked basements and I don't like 1 floor houses. I usually like to build attics, although it is not very practical in sims 4. I create suburban builds, so I try to strive for 2-3 floors, although I have not yet mastered 3 floors and make it look good.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    Two stories
    Darn didn’t see the 2 floor and a basement option! It’s hard for me to actually get up to 2 though but I’m trying! Creativity is hard sometimes
  • Options
    three and basement
    I like to build my basement(s) first, then go up.
  • Options
    cloudsky331cloudsky331 Posts: 220 Member
    Two stories
    It all depends on the needs of a specific sim and their aspirations. For example, as a family home I tend to make two or three stories depending on the amount of children.
    Single sims get one story houses, usually in particularly odd shapes.
    "Why is nothing in the sims sparkly? They should add a sparkles stuff pack. Sparklepack."
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    two and basement
    I usually do the ground floor with kitchen, living room, and all that. Then a second floor with the bedrooms and office and such.
    Then I often add a basement with a bedroom for the teen, or the utility room or something like that.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    Two stories
    Two stories is enough, Sims take forever, and rather navigate to the furthest items, like the toilet (Skip the downstairs half bath, to use a full one up stairs, down the long hall).
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    four and basement
    I am a builder and sometimes get crazy with my builds. I want my sims to have enough room for an exercise room, a music room, a wellness room, etc. and have fun. I have usually 4 bedroom suites in case they get married have a couple of kids. There aren't enough larger blank properties where I can do 2 stories and a basement to do everything I want.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Raven_CatRaven_Cat Posts: 74 Member
    One story
    Not much of a builder. The only thing I'm really confident in building is starters for one or two sims, and there's not much point in building multiple stories when you can shove them in one bedroom
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    One story
    only one floor. I like my sims all in one screen so I can check on all of them if possible. stairs take up too much space and some naughty child will be upstairs painting the floors. so they all live on one floor so I know what they are doing.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    only one floor. I like my sims all in one screen so I can check on all of them if possible. stairs take up too much space and some naughty child will be upstairs painting the floors. so they all live on one floor so I know what they are doing.

That's how I played TS3
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Two stories
    If it's a starter there might be just one. Otherwise I like putting bedrooms upstairs, at least the kids' bedrooms, master bedroom may be on the first floor if it fits.
  • Options
    Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    two and basement
    as many as i can
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Two stories
    I just find two-story houses aesthetically more pleasing :'D
  • Options
    CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    Two stories
    Basements are miserable for game play and the higher you build, the more insane that camera gets. I have done at least one 4 story build and I have built basements before, but these are not my favorite thing to do.
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Two stories
    I like two stories to keep their bedrooms separate from the living and dining areas. I don't like basements. If I am building on a large lot, I can build a one story and have enough space between the living/dining rooms on one side of house and the bedrooms on the other.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Actually, I think my builds are very varied. Most of my starter homes are single story, but I have several that are two story. More expensive homes can range from bungalow to 3 floors and a basement. Although in most of them the top floor is an attic with dormers and I do prefer attics over basements. Four story builds are an absolute rarity though, because the camera movement is just too unpredictable on that floor.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited July 2018
    Two stories
    I start small and I almost always run out of room, so I have to expand to two floors.
    Rarely do I use three floors, because I hate when Sims take so long to get places. :(
  • Options
    ZeizeinaZeizeina Posts: 17 Member
    One story
    I love tiny and warm homes.
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    Two stories
    I always start in a small one story home and work my way up to a large two story. I have yet to try playing in a large one story house :)
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I didn't vote, cause I don't really "build" anything. I usually start off with a one or two story home downloaded from the gallery. However, as the generations go on, I sometimes end up expanding quite a bit. Sometimes I move the kids out when they age up, but sometimes now, so when there's a full household I often end up building up, or down, or out from the initial build. One vampire family of mine has been on the same tiny lot for ages...but they now have three basements ;-P
  • Options
    JSwartz0181JSwartz0181 Posts: 42 Member
    Two stories
    It really all depends on the build. Sometimes I do single story, others two, and even have three on one of my builds. Sometimes with basement, and sometimes without. If I had to pick one though, I'd say two, as it just allows the most out of the space available.
    I usually like to build attics, although it is not very practical in sims 4.
    Funny you mention that.... I literally just added a room to formally be one to one of my builds (it had the level to make the roof, but it was just that.... a roofing level), just to be a place to put the Seasons auto-decorations item thingy, as well as other items my family has, but was kept in their inventory, and yet they kept getting whims to buy the item again. The room is unaccessible, but it's there now! :)