Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are your sims doing financially?

How are your sims doing financially? 92 votes

Living in a tent
2%
ElanoreAlexandriaNyx_Nightmare 2 votes
Dirt Poor
9%
Rhiannon58theorignalsimKATENESSrawrmaegansmileButtersimsSummerRoxy[Deleted User]BishybriMadMuffie 9 votes
Comfortable
35%
Emily4331cianeAmphoraMissSassyqueenmaybellinecwaddellJennyggSimplyJenamaresitygamerplaya94IreneSwiftkristenleighwhiteLunBeautyilikethesims30TrashmagicHaimonaTeenWolf_1999OriginalMaraWolferTigerzThrior 33 votes
Wealthy
31%
nolurkCororonSuicidalSpidersemorrillGabbyGirlJcheesetrucksassygray5kittymeowDiamonds_are_4ever1need4kaffeebekkasanSindocatwendyyi1miniriedyKelvinjooxisdorcsyfuljordandYuriTheCreatorSunnyyesjams 29 votes
Millionaires
14%
nickibitswardsuzsesEarcatdreamerz13MikezumiRodJohndothesmustlepaneingerjjames041cocoRedShoe7budewarminNikkei_Simmer 13 votes
Billionaires
0%
Other
6%
JoAnne65jillbgCravenLestat5782341b77vlTadOlsonSilentMichael 6 votes

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited July 2018
    Millionaires
    Unfortunately since the maximum number of simoleons that my sims can ever financially lay claim to; is §99,999,999 unfortunately they will never be billionaires. :( :sadpanda: I wish that my sims could be Trillionaires. >:)

§38.7M at this point in time. :D Life is good for River and Haruo. :D
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Comfortable
    Man, my sims have never had that much money. haha I assumed the number could go on forever. :(
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    Comfortable
    Eh. So-so. They live off of an evil merman’s horror novels and masterpieces.

The masterpieces bring in 9,000 a week so he writes more of those now. He’s currently writing Crabna Krakenina, but receiving royalties from his horror novels such as The Murderous Manatee or The Psychopathic Sea.
    tumblr_pb04yb7AGg1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg
    The horror novels are based off of his real life experiences when he was in ocean dwelling fishy phase :D
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Wealthy

It does depend on the save I'm playing but, basically they are all wealthy at this stage in their lives.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited July 2018
    Millionaires
    My sims have over §1M in cash but I have no idea what they are worth. They have a valuable nectar collection and countless valuable gems and paintings. I am currently playing the 5th gen heir (or was it 6th?) and they have made their money in the gardening career and from the sale of gems spawned from breaking space rocks. If I could bring myself to sell paintings, they would have a lot more money.
  • NabrilNabril Posts: 179 Member
    edited July 2018
    Wealthy
    My Sims will soon be Millionaires, but they aren't quite there yet. Each week they get over $200,000 just from Real Estate plus they live in a really expensive castle. I suppose if I added up their assets, they'd be a millionaire, but if I go by cash alone, it hasn't yet happened.

Of course, how do you assign worth to their vehicles? They have 4 Motive Mobiles which only sell for $5,000 each since they were all purchased with LTR points.

Edit: I think the last time I checked, they had over $600,000 in their bank account. Now with their son freshly returned from Art School, I expect that to go up quickly!
    Post edited by Nabril on
    sig.jpg
  • RodJohnRodJohn Posts: 406 Member
    Millionaires
    I do mine a little differently. I use the "familyfunds" cheat to bulk up the bank account according to my Sims' activities. So, say my sim reached the top of the business career, then I would use the family funds cheat to give him a a salary that I think lines up with that. I do that because I use story progression to set really aggressive property and income taxes (I play primarily in Bridgeport; sometimes a single bill is 50,000+ Simoleons at 16%) so they have to make more money than these big-time careers pay out!
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    Wealthy
    I think I am somewhere between Comfortable and wealthy. I don't know what the brackets would be. The family is worth around 300,000 Simoleons.
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

• cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Millionaires
    I’ve been playing for ten generations so my current sims inherit all the money from previous sims. They still work, but money isn’t a worry.
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    Wealthy
    I can never play completely without cheats :grimace:
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Millionaires
    I don't recall the exact numbers but I think my sims are worth about 4 million.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Other
    Mine can be at any level since I play entire towns and rotate between the families so there's anything from being homeless and living on community lots to the richest families in towns that have been established for generations while newer towns won't have as many varied levels of wealth in the resident families.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Dirt Poor
    Seeing as I'm playing the Pinstar 10 generation challenge where you spend all but 1800S on a blank lot with one Sim, and my second gen is a child, they have around 13,000 I think. Each time they get around that much, I add to the house, which started as a blank wall with a toilet and shower on one side and bed on the other. I can only play a few hours on the weekends. Last weekend, the daughter got her own room finally and the outside of the house got painted. Oh and I added a fence around the garden after discovering zombies eat gardens. We're about to lose the dad who brings in around 6k a week with his job (he's a senior nearing the end of his lifespan). Mom has a nearly perfect garden which brings in a good amount of simolias each day. It will be a long while before the family is comfortable but they'll make it. :wink:
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    Comfortable
    My current household, which is my legacy family has a little over 100k. Their home is a simple one story ranch style with 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. I do have more than enough money to add nicer stuff, but I'm very lazy when it comes to decorating and I want to avoid too much clutter because of sims getting stuck. I want to redo the garden area and move it more towards the back. I have a rule where sims living in the house aren't allowed rabbit hole jobs. So, they either have to work in a profession or be self-employed in something. Teens can get part-time jobs to help out, but when the heir grows up, he or she will start following the job rule. Family members that move out don't have to follow the job rule. The founder/matriarch of the family is a Horsewoman right now and at level 8 of her profession. Her husband works in the Paranormal Profession, so they both bring home quite a bit.
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    Wealthy
    I wanted them to only be "comfortable" but due to a glitch they got $105k out of nowhere :D
    Comfortable
    @dorcsyful How do I make this glitch happen in real life? :lol:
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Other
    I usually want them to be poor, to struggle in life, but then I have to cheat to buy all the CC needed to clutter their homes and they end up filthy rich... *sighs*
    NymlADp.jpg
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    Wealthy
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @dorcsyful How do I make this glitch happen in real life? :lol:

Sell a car that never existed ;)
  • HaimonaHaimona Posts: 136 Member
    Comfortable
    Comfortable

Well..right now my sim has about 5k in cash. I had some big expenses that took all me monies :s.Expenses like paying rent(using the gift simoleans option) to a few friends for living w/them until his home was ready cost about 10k, then a few of his friends had b'days, vacation to selvadorada for his bday, and then he chose to pay $750 for the expensive treatment of his elderly dog that was sick almost everyday until yesterday, when she died. I don't fret about money, b/c he has a high painting skill and can easily earn big bucks. B)
  • ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    Comfortable
    I think my sims are somewhere between comfortable and wealthy. Their house isn't very large, and they have about $50,000, does that count as wealthy?
    Comfortable
    @ChelsPlaySims Firstly, I love your avatar.

Secondly, the game seems to consider 30k+ as "wealthy", but I'd personally classify it as comfortable. :smiley:
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Comfortable
    In my Frio game, they are comfortable. But that game has been going for several Sim years, so they have amassed a good account. Just from being self-employed writers. Earlier, it had gotten tight, and Connor got a bank loan, but it's been paid off since, and they are doing better. I think they have about 70K.

But in my current game, I just started, and Jason is pretty poor right now, working part-time as a waiter while waiting for his big break into acting. He's got less than 2K. Eventually though he will grow funds and rise up a few levels when his career picks up.

Back on Sims 1, when I reached the top tier of careers and the Simoleons piled up, and I had their homes just the way I wanted them, I never knew what to do with them... so all the families were pretty rich in the end lol.

I honestly prefer them to have lower bank accounts instead of wealth beyond belief. (Unless a story calls for it).
  • ElanoreAlexandriaElanoreAlexandria Posts: 66 Member
    Living in a tent
    Although I've been playing with Fern and Preston for six months now at least, I've only played two in-game weeks. This is due to a combination of building their town almost from scratch, to figuring out the best mods and best settings, sims being my secondary hobby to reading and lastly to really, really wanting to document every single part of their lives. After I play a few days, I need to crop the pictures, print the pictures, cut them out, write my draft, edit that draft, and finally copy it into my sims journal, taping each picture in. It's a lengthy process, but really rewarding and it's fun to look back on what I've done.

Sooo... anyways, I'm playing pseudo-legacy style, and I want my sims to struggle. I want each generation to make a contribution to the house and I'm worried that if my sims are too rich, my game might get boring. Fern and Preston just graduated from Sims University, where they were renting a house. Awaiting them back home is... an empty lot. I'm probably going to take their money away, too. It's winter, so they're going to have to live in an igloo and I found a cute cc dog house that looks like an igloo for their pets. They're going to go dumpster diving for furniture and visit the laundromat and live off chocolate bars from vending machines, the whole bit. It'll be interesting! Hopefully their living situation will have improved by the time they are elders.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Comfortable
    LunBeauty wrote: »
    My current household, which is my legacy family has a little over 100k. Their home is a simple one story ranch style with 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. I do have more than enough money to add nicer stuff, but I'm very lazy when it comes to decorating and I want to avoid too much clutter because of sims getting stuck. I want to redo the garden area and move it more towards the back. I have a rule where sims living in the house aren't allowed rabbit hole jobs. So, they either have to work in a profession or be self-employed in something. Teens can get part-time jobs to help out, but when the heir grows up, he or she will start following the job rule. Family members that move out don't have to follow the job rule. The founder/matriarch of the family is a Horsewoman right now and at level 8 of her profession. Her husband works in the Paranormal Profession, so they both bring home quite a bit.

Everyone's idea of "comfortable" certainly covers a broad range! My sims are comfortable living a very basic life with a couple thousand in cash, one toilet, one shower, one fridge and counter for all eight of them! :smiley: They don't have a stove, but they do have a scooter!

See here: https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/tots/

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Other
    'Other', because it varies ;) From having nothing to being filthy rich.
    5JZ57S6.png