Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleted

SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
edited February 2019 in The Sims 4 Packs Discussion
I've now tried this command several times now with my family of 6 (with correspondingly large table) in the Dining room next to the kitchen and it works every time whereas before, not setting it leads to them going off to various places.

Cook, Mum (skill 9 in my game) cooks a meal for 8 and then sets the table, goes back to the kitchen and then uses "call to meal" Worked every time, even when someone set the table for her just before "call to meal"

I've seen various complaints of it not working in the past so does the problem lie with the table chosen or pack or has any bug been patched?

I have all packs, (no mods etc. in my game yet)
Post edited by Simburian on

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Are you saying that "setting the table" draws them to all eat there?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited July 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Yes, that's been my experience too. If the table is set they will all sit at a place setting until they finish eating. Sometimes they even linger after and chit chat which I just love.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2018

Yes, that's been my experience too. If the table is set they will all sit at a place setting until they finish eating. Sometimes they even linger after and chit chat which I just love.

Yes, and it seems to linger for a while as some of my young Sims had been sleeping and sat around it in unused places with a second call from Mum after half the family had finished. It made a particularly good Grand Meal at Winterfest when everybody came immediately and enjoyed themselves. It is also very good for their Social mood.

When I think about it one of the settings (Party" looks like a quiet pointer (slipped in early) to give the Season's "Events" an extra boost. Packs working together.

I was just wondering which tables were giving trouble or had those been sorted after Seasons.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    I've noticed this also. I've been having my child and teen set the table as a way to influence character values.
    edited July 2018
    Changed my Avatar to show it does!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Hmm I’ve had a Sim sit down and eat at a set table, the placement is removed, and then everyone else who sits down will sit at that same spot with no placement instead of one of the other already set spots.
    edited July 2018
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Hmm I’ve had a Sim sit down and eat at a set table, the placement is removed, and then everyone else who sits down will sit at that same spot with no placement instead of one of the other already set spots.

My family of six used all six places. First 4 one end, late two further end. Nobody had cleared the empty plates though.
    (Not the Family in my Avatar picture, that was a Spring event).

Maybe there's a trick to it?
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

This is very nice to know!
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    most of the teens in most of my households set the tables on their own, now, because they've got high manners. that plus 'call to meal' is great for getting the family together, as the original poster said. and, even without a call to meal, if there's a table with places set, everyone that picks up food when they get hungry will go sit at said table.

my main household has two tables, one indoors, one outdoors. usually different teens will set each table on their own. and, when hungry, sims will sit at the indoors table first. as soon as the last place is used, the next sim will go sit at a placemat outside. it takes a few days for this to happen, since it's a 5 sim household, both tables seat 6, and all five sims have the 'hardly hungry' trait. sometimes the first table has setting placed again before the second even gets used. all without me having them do anything
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Setting the table works for me, but the placemats would disappear the moment the sims sit down to eat (unless the meal is already on the center of the table and they are already sitting down).

However I downloaded a mod by LittleMsSam that stops the placemats from disappearing until after they're done eating.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Setting the table works for me, but the placemats would disappear the moment the sims sit down to eat (unless the meal is already on the center of the table and they are already sitting down).

However I downloaded a mod by LittleMsSam that stops the placemats from disappearing until after they're done eating.

That bug still happens?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Oh, thanks for this! I gotta try this in my own game and see if it would work for me. (I’ll repair my game first, just in case.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member

@Pegasys Which mod is that? The only one I found was the mod that stops autonomous setting table.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    OMG now I feel stupid, I never used that feature but reading about the advantages of Sims sitting together, I may want to try it from now on! :smile:
  • cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member

That bug still happens?

Yes, unsurprisingly.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I love using this for dinner parties it's good for crowd control. I also get a smile out of just setting the table for a sim that lives alone as they will rotate around it using the placemat spots until they have been cleaned up.
    egTcBMc.png
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited July 2018
    Aine wrote: »

@Pegasys Which mod is that? The only one I found was the mod that stops autonomous setting table.

@Aine - It's one of the mods - Placemats only disappear after finished Eating - that make up part of LittleMsSam's Random Small Mods.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Yep, this is a useful feature in Parenthood and I loved it, but a fun fact. With the grand meals least form what I tested sims seem to go to sit all at the dining table even when I didn't have the food on the table. Was in the kitchen and they call came to grab a plate and sat down at the table with no problems. I love this feature.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Does this work if you have decorations on the table?
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Aine wrote: »

@Aine - It's one of the mods - Placemats only disappear after finished Eating - that make up part of LittleMsSam's Random Small Mods.
    @Pegasys Thanks, much appreciated. :)
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    Has anyone else found that this increases the musical chairs? If there are no placemats down and my sims sit at the table, they stay in their seat. But if someone has set the table, they sit down, grab their food from the middle of the table, then stand back up to go look for a seat that hasn’t had its placemat disappear yet. Very frustrating.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2018
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Because you have to use 'Call to Meal' so everyone arrives roughly at the same time. The OP is talking about how everyone sits at the same table instead of going off to random tables.
  • RassRass Posts: 29 Member
    Does the disappearing placemats affect this and you have to install the mod or is it only for optics?
  • RassRass Posts: 29 Member
    And, sry why is there no edit option? ;) does this mean all Sims sit at the table until every Sim has eaten? I´ve tried it with my Sim family of 4 and two leave, not right after they´ve finished, but before the others finished their meal.
    If I get problems with Sims getting up I see if I am offered (by clicking the table) the "Sit together" option that came with GTW. I don't know it you got it with a later Patch for all.