Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you happy Quarterly Teasers are gone?

2...Next

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited July 2018
    They should have expanded on the Teasers rather than take them away (eg. Provide pack names, month of release).
    It doesn't really matter as long as new packs are released for The Sims 4.

The Sims franchise is 18 years old, we were able to live 16 years without quarterly teaser.

I still think our main purpose should be to find the way to have fun with the 26 existing packs instead of being focused on what is missing.

DLC system is that : Never be satisfied, Always expect more.
    But we did not need teasers as they currently are now in the past because when you bought a pack the teaser for the next expansion/stuff pack was already there. This horrible silence is a Sims 4 thing
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited July 2018
    I don’t like that they’ve dropped Quarterly Teasers, I like to know what’s coming in advance.
    I like to know what's coming in advance. I micro-manage my games so I sometimes have to prepare for things that are added into the game. For instance University would be an addition I have to prepare for. (Which Sims do I send together? Do I have to master certain skills before they attend? How much money does it cost or in other words do some teenage Sims need a job?)
    Bon Voyage/World Adventures/Island Paradise would be another pack I'd need to prepare for: Who will go on vacation? How much money does it cost? Are some skills helpful for the vacation?
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited July 2018
    I don’t like that they’ve dropped Quarterly Teasers, I like to know what’s coming in advance.
    The teasers are nothing but sales gimmick for EA. It's cut and paste then photo shop to make a cow patty look like a powered donut. They hyped ice skating and nobody is using it not even the NPC.

....Obviously? Teasers are literally marketing? Of course they're going to market their game to us. That's perfectly normal.

I'd rather have teasers as they were. Speculation is a big part of being in fan communities. It's just that - fun. Now we're back to the gloom and doom. Forums are dead without new content and possibilities for speculation.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2018
    They should have expanded on the Teasers rather than take them away (eg. Provide pack names, month of release).
    It doesn't really matter as long as new packs are released for The Sims 4.

The Sims franchise is 18 years old, we were able to live 16 years without quarterly teaser.

I still think our main purpose should be to find the way to have fun with the 26 existing packs instead of being focused on what is missing.

DLC system is that : Never be satisfied, Always expect more.

Maybe because base games were more rounded out and had more complex systems to make you believe those Sims had more depth, and anything else was fluff and just more activities to do, but the Sim itself had more personality. But as others said we always knew what was going to be released next, they put a flyer in the boxes.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Honestly I'm not happy nor sad. It's just that I don't really care about Quarter Teasers cause it only just put a small smile on my face but only lasted for seconds though.

I mean like Quarter Teasers doesn't reflect on what will be the outcome of the pack, like would it affect the finish product? no.
    Marketing? probably yes, Gameplay? No. Like it's just a 10 second teaser for an upcoming pack.

Apparently, seasons did not have a quarter teaser before it's official announcement. And what really made me so freakin' surprised is that I didn't really expected that Seasons will come that soon. All of the silence are now gone and I'm glad with it cause it's all worth it.
    y'all got bread?
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    You should have added an "I don't care" option
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I’m okay with no Teasers, I like being surprised.
    In the end, it doesn't matter how happy or unhappy we are with the announcement that there won't be any more teasers. It is what it is, so we just need to get over it and move on. They'll still be giving us pack announcements and trailers and that's the ones that matter the most. They show us what's coming next and are longer and more entertaining.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I’m okay with no Teasers, but I want announcements more in advance (eg. Maybe a blog post a month or so before like we got with Outdoor Retreat explaining that it’s coming next quarter)
    To me, as long as the Gurus are active and engaging with us, whether it be here or on Twitter, I don't need quarterly teasers to keep me engaged with the community. There's always a chance we'll get more with patches, or free DLC. Stuff that wouldn't need to be announced, unlike a game pack/EP.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Honestly, the months before Seasons were probably the worst months we’ve had, only because everyone went all doom and gloom, and were still doing that even when Grant and Kate were being active on Twitter. It only turned around when the Seasons teaser was posted.

2016 was bad, even with the addition of Quarterly Teasers. (Who remembers the wait for Dine Out?)

Gurus have to remember why they introduced them in the first place, because not knowing whether something is coming or not makes me lose interest.

I’ll just constantly check for news and if I don’t get any, I’ll just lose complete interest and it will be harder for them to reel me back in.

I can play the game without new content BUT it’s harder when you don’t know whether or not new content is coming.

This^^

I like knowing what is coming to I can plan my save accordingly. I was rushing through my rotation before Seasons came out because I wanted to be at the beginning. Now I may not even get the chance to plan anything. Usually when they make an announcement, it is coming in like two weeks.
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    I picked No I'm Not Happy I like to know what's coming in advance. I'm also not happy that we'll be getting less stuffpacks.

Yeah same, I was actually quite happy with the amount of stuffpacks we got and how often we got them (ignore mfps) but the others came with some great stuff and I feel like it may have give them some more space to experiment that they wouldnt dedicate an entire gp or ep to.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I don't really care either way.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I’m okay with no Teasers, I like being surprised.
    I'm not too fussed, but I do like to be surprised. I love going onto a website and seeing EA have announced a new pack.
    I'm intrigued and excited to see what the new method of communication will be that Kate teased on Twitter.