Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you happy Quarterly Teasers are gone?

Are you okay with the wait we had before Seasons where we had no idea what was happening, and then boom! Expansion with only a month wait.

Or did you like having Teasers even though it could mean waiting 2 1/2 months for the pack to come out?

Are you happy Quarterly Teasers are gone? 211 votes

I don’t like that they’ve dropped Quarterly Teasers, I like to know what’s coming in advance.
36%
ehaught58auroraael14CK213rudy8292Erja888alexspoom13aprilroseLomelindi7VibsesuitcaseBrokenChaos69BloosmooCynnaZenobiaPomponCherryrose_xrosehrtgirlMoon_Willowdrake_mccartyalanmichael1catloverplayer 78 votes
I’m okay with no Teasers, I like being surprised.
18%
DannydanboEvvieSimmeralan650111IceyJsimgirl1010robyngravesluthienrisingPopcornHotsaucea_niles06stilljustme2DarcVader1VulorikimieswildrosesJoAnne65moony21Pegasystaydevkittymeowmariajane216cheifeagleeye 38 votes
I’m okay with no Teasers, but I want announcements more in advance (eg. Maybe a blog post a month or so before like we got with Outdoor Retreat explaining that it’s coming next quarter)
30%
icmnfrshKita5399misspukekoaelias24PlayerSinger2010FKM100fruitsmisWritin_RegAlrynnTinkerballChangkranatasha93DJQ1308miss_simlishNivyxsafersaviourJennyggBoredinTXashcrash19RamblineRose 65 votes
They should have expanded on the Teasers rather than take them away (eg. Provide pack names, month of release).
14%
JaseoveronVkittyGoodywoodimhappykeekee53haydub07Bagoas77CinebarKaeChan2089Simmerific94LolaLuvsSimsDaemonPawsClassicalSimMikado-chanbixtersrambahadoerrhysbarrett8ChadSims2NordicPhoenix22x 30 votes

Comments

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    They should have expanded on the Teasers rather than take them away (eg. Provide pack names, month of release).
    Honestly, the months before Seasons were probably the worst months we’ve had, only because everyone went all doom and gloom, and were still doing that even when Grant and Kate were being active on Twitter. It only turned around when the Seasons teaser was posted.

2016 was bad, even with the addition of Quarterly Teasers. (Who remembers the wait for Dine Out?)

Gurus have to remember why they introduced them in the first place, because not knowing whether something is coming or not makes me lose interest.

I’ll just constantly check for news and if I don’t get any, I’ll just lose complete interest and it will be harder for them to reel me back in.

I can play the game without new content BUT it’s harder when you don’t know whether or not new content is coming.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    The teasers are nothing but sales gimmick for EA. It's cut and paste then photo shop to make a cow patty look like a powered donut. They hyped ice skating and nobody is using it not even the NPC.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited July 2018
    I’m okay with no Teasers, but I want announcements more in advance (eg. Maybe a blog post a month or so before like we got with Outdoor Retreat explaining that it’s coming next quarter)
    I'm honestly not sure why we need 9 separate posts dedicated to this topic...

As long as they continue with the communication they've been giving us lately (I'm not really on twitter but I can understand why they chose that as their medium) and give packs at least as much lead up to a pack being dropped as they did seasons I'm fine with it. They provided open communication and helpful pack information. It's not their fault that the community reacted the way the community almost always does by jumping straight into drama-land.

At the end of the day the teasers felt pointless to me. They were too short and didn't show/explain anything anyway so as a communication tool they didn't really serve their purpose.
    ~ ~ ~
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    For me, the worst part was the huge negative cloud that descended over this whole forum and even after Seasons coming out, you've still got folks convinced the end is near for the Sims universe. I don't need the quarterly teasers. although I enjoyed them, but I would like some kind of heads up in advance on what to expect or what might be coming.
    6riwm5.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited July 2018
    I don't care one way or the other. I'm not just here sitting around waiting for content to be released for this game. Either something gets announced or it doesn't. Either EA wants my money or they don't. If not, I'm happy to spend it elsewhere.

The teasers really made no difference to this for me.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I enjoyed the one-month-only lead-up to Seasons, though I'd have preferred another couple of weeks for more videos. The energy in the community was great. It was definitely better than the wild speculation that has happened when packs are teased in advance. It's a nice-to-have heads-up for people who really need to set money aside *and* also don't want to wait till after a pack is announced to find the money, but other than that, I don't see that it was better. It led to a lot of people getting themselves all worked up and then ending up disappointed because they'd imagined what the pack would be before it was announced.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I don’t like that they’ve dropped Quarterly Teasers, I like to know what’s coming in advance.
    I picked No I'm Not Happy I like to know what's coming in advance. I'm also not happy that we'll be getting less stuffpacks.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    As long as they keep communication up in one way or another, I’m not unhappy about the lack of quarterly teasers.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Just because I'm okay with no teasers, doesn't mean I'm happy they're gone.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I like the short wait time and the joy of seeing the first trailer. The only thing the teasers really did was build up tension with everyone trying to guess what a sim turning into a skeleton meant. "What does it mean.. I don't understand." No more of that nonsense thank you very much.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I love being surprised :)
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    i don't want to wait 2 to 3 months not knowing anything so i hope the tease us in some ways with what will be coming especially beacuse people will be speculating like crazy about the sims 5 or the end of this game
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Honestly, the months before Seasons were probably the worst months we’ve had, only because everyone went all doom and gloom, and were still doing that even when Grant and Kate were being active on Twitter. It only turned around when the Seasons teaser was posted.

2016 was bad, even with the addition of Quarterly Teasers. (Who remembers the wait for Dine Out?)

Gurus have to remember why they introduced them in the first place, because not knowing whether something is coming or not makes me lose interest.

I’ll just constantly check for news and if I don’t get any, I’ll just lose complete interest and it will be harder for them to reel me back in.

I can play the game without new content BUT it’s harder when you don’t know whether or not new content is coming.

I agree with this 100%. Everything you said here is how I feel and they already lost me when I had too wait too long. I agree 2016 was awful waiting on DO. And I voted they should have expanded on the teasers instead of dropping them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I like the short wait time and the joy of seeing the first trailer. The only thing the teasers really did was build up tension with everyone trying to guess what a sim turning into a skeleton meant. "What does it mean.. I don't understand." No more of that nonsense thank you very much.

I think you’re mixing up the teasers... there won’t be anymore QUARTERLY teasers, but we will still get teaser announcements before the full trailer...

Personally, I was only ok with it with seasons because Seasons was AWESOME and highly anticipated. I’m not going to have the same level of excitement with other packs. I feel like this just keeps us in the dark for longer.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I felt like maybe Seasons was a special surprise since it was an EP that was released on a different timeline than might have been expected. I know I thought we wouldn't see it until the holiday rush.

I do like having the teasers for other content such as SPs and GPs. Even if I can't get the content right away, I like knowing about it.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I enjoy having something specific to look forward to and plan for in my game.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I want to know the themes of what is coming up, at the very least. :frowning:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    All too often, the teasers only ever seemed to give the drama queens a stick to beat everything with. Then the blanks would start getting filled in with made-up stories from things that people imagined, and it only got worse from there.

I think the gurus need to be able to work with whatever time frame is best for the current project, and they shouldn't have to worry about having to hold the hands of masses of people who have whipped themselves up into a frenzy because of what their overactive imaginations have deduced from a picture or 30 second video.

I'm more than fine with teasers going away, as long as we still get the regular standard announcement whenever the release is ready to be announced.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2018
    All too often, the teasers only ever seemed to give the drama queens a stick to beat everything with. Then the blanks would start getting filled in with made-up stories from things that people imagined, and it only got worse from there.

I think the gurus need to be able to work with whatever time frame is best for the current project, and they shouldn't have to worry about having to hold the hands of masses of people who have whipped themselves up into a frenzy because of what their overactive imaginations have deduced from a picture or 30 second video.

I'm more than fine with teasers going away, as long as we still get the regular standard announcement whenever the release is ready to be announced.

Eh, some of us save up for something new or don't spend our game money on a different game if we think we would be more interested in what The Sims is offering in a few weeks or months/quarter. So, not knowing we might go spend that money somewhere else and forget about this game. Or maybe some wouldn't be able to go ahead and buy it later if they spent their gaming money. It's all relevant in my eyes. For the producers/EA if someone spent their game money on something else instead of waiting to find out what they were going to release. But then EA probably might not care gamers do budget their money sometimes, they are probably depending on those who have it to throw around.

ETA: It was hardly drama queens who were unhappy with the ball pit.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited July 2018
    It doesn't really matter as long as new packs are released for The Sims 4.

The Sims franchise is 18 years old, we were able to live 16 years without quarterly teaser.

I still think our main purpose should be to find the way to have fun with the 26 existing packs instead of being focused on what is missing.

DLC system is that : Never be satisfied, Always expect more.
    edited July 2018

The Sims franchise is 18 years old, we were able to live 16 years without quarterly teaser.

But in the old sim days, we had leaflets that told of future Packs, though? (At least, the few expansion packs I had of the older sims games had those.)

ETA: Oh, are we still going to have the regular promo announcements, blog posts, twitter preview pics, and livestream like we did with this Seasons pack, at least? Those were great! :smile: I could wait if we gave us tons of preview announcements like we got for Seasons.
    (She/her)
  • Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    I don’t mind either way about the teasers as long as packs are still being made.
    edited July 2018

I still think our main purpose should be to find the way to have fun with the 26 existing packs instead of being focused on what is missing.

DLC system is that : Never be satisfied, Always expect more.

Half of the packs felt really small to me like the many Stuff Packs, though, or felt lacking like the Get To Work Pack, so I’m still waiting for more of the bigger or more detailed packs with more gameplay.

Clubs from Get Together aren’t really my thing, and its world was always really buggy for me.

Seasons, Vampires, toddler patch, and maybe Parenthood are my fave ones, for example. :smile: Dine Out is a really nice one as well. Spa Day is also really nice, but it’s not really a pack I use often for every sim.

ETA: I love Stuff Packs, but a) not everyone does, and b) they do not have lots of in-depth gameplay like Expansions or even Game Packs.

Half of the packs are stuff packs. We had, what, only 4 Expansion Packs? The Game Packs are more niche, and not everyone enjoyed them until maybe around Vampires.

If the packs were more in-depth (which it seems like they would be going forward with Vampires and Seasons), then there would be less anxiety regarding future packs.

Time will tell.
    (She/her)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I didn't mind the teasers but I do like more straight forward info when it's getting close to the release date. Less rampant speculation that way. Less disappoint and time to speculate about what it might not have. I did really enjoy how much info they gave us about Seasons during the time leading up to it... and how they came out and said folks this isn't going to be in it (thinking about snow depth). I still liked the teasing nature of some of the info though
    egTcBMc.png
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I did really enjoy how much info they gave us about Seasons during the time leading up to it... and how they came out and said folks this isn't going to be in it (thinking about snow depth). I still liked the teasing nature of some of the info though

Yes, I agree! I really, really loved how straightforward they were about what things were or weren’t going to be in it, and the Twitter preview teaser pics. :smile: I think they really started being this straighforward and communicative about pack content around the time of Vampires, I believe? :smile:

And I love the trailers and livestream as well, of course. :blush:
    (She/her)