Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with sound?

Just curious as I have just realized for some odd reason I play with sound off majority of the time
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I play with the sound effects on but the music off (object noise very low) as I'm usually listening to music outside the game while I play.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I play sound on with Bluetooth ear buds because I love all the intricate little sound effects in the game, they make me feel like I'm there.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    100% yes. The sound in the game is gorgeous. I do tune different settings to where I like them.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member
    Yes, unless I'm watching a video or listening to music while I play. Personally, when I'm not doing anything else, it's kind of boring to play without sound. I also really like the details of sound in the game. Windenburg is amazing.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    everything but the music, since I prefer to listen to my own.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Nope! As a builder, I find no need to have it on. I usually watch TV while I am building. :)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited July 2018
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    Nope! As a builder, I find no need to have it on. I usually watch TV while I am building. :)

See I think that's the problem I have as well..I'm always watching TV while I play. I have it on my laptop so I'm usually laying in bed playing
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Yes. I just have music switched off most of the time. I usually listen to other music when I spend a lot of time in build mode or CAS. Although lately I've spent more of my time in build mode without any music at all.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SimlishDelightSimlishDelight Posts: 1 New Member
    Since the release of seasons I have to play with sound on. The sound of the different weathers is beautiful ❤️
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited July 2018
    Absolutely! But in CAS and build mode I sometimes turn it off.

This is my settings now:
    Mu78MyI.png
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    It feels less immersive when I play with sound off.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    Since most of the sounds are repetitive, it gets to me so I play with sound off. I only turn it on when I want to hear what my musicians are playing or sometimes what's on the radio.
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Yes, always, can't play without it :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    On and with earphones. Absolutely love the sound of rain, thunder and lightning.
  • Ashlynn_NadetteAshlynn_Nadette Posts: 19 Member
    I turn it down most of the time cuz i watch tv/listen to music while playing, lately I've listened to the Hamilton soundtrack a lot.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    Just curious as I have just realized for some odd reason I play with sound off majority of the time

I play with music does that count

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I play with sound on using earbuds in one ear only (it’s a mom thing I think, I need to be able to hear if a kidlet is up to something). I have the background music turned down, and remove my earbuds during CAS and longer uses of buy/build though.
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    I play sound on with Bluetooth ear buds because I love all the intricate little sound effects in the game, they make me feel like I'm there.

Same
  • takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    I have the music entirely off but all the other sounds (except mood sting) are on half volume. I like to listen to my own music while I play but I also like the sounds of the game. It's hard for me to play with sound entirely off.
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I play with the sound on. I like hearing the interactions of the sims and I like the music in the game.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited July 2018
    It depends on my mood, but I usually play with the sound on when in live mode. However, when in buy/build mode, I turn the sound off so I can listen to my own music.
  • justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »

Good question, actually. Most of the time, no, because I like to have my own music going when I build, and I don't have much need for sound in live mode most of the time. I turned it on lately when my sim started learning the singing skill. I wished I had kept the sound off...she was awful. LOL
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Actually, @luthienrising was the one that made me realize how much I was missing out a while back. Since then I prefer to play this game with headphones on. Sometimes I listen to music as well but only with low volume and the game volume higher.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    Previously I would never play with sound on although when I first got the sims 4 I had EVERYTHING on maximum volume. Currently I play on certain levels for everything, with music and object music completely off due to me playing my own music on Spotify.
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Music is off, but all of the other sounds are on.
    Gallery ID: LDM2