Friday Highlights for July 20th are here! Head over here to check them out!
JULY 19 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on Console! Patch notes here.
JULY 10 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on PC/MAC Patch notes here.

Do developers check ideas corner?

Just wondering whether they do, and if they consider fan ideas for the Sims 4. No problem if not, I know they’re very busy.

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 20,152 Member
    I would like to say that they did but there are many great ideas that never seem to be able to make it into the game :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 342 Member
    I would like to say that they did but there are many great ideas that never seem to be able to make it into the game :(

You’re most likely right, but it is a shame. I was hoping someone would see mine :(
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 11,332 Member
    I do know that sometimes you might see someone from the EA community managers posting in the threads giving their agreement and such in post. So it's quite possible that they might also pass certain ideas to the development team.
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I do know that sometimes you might see someone from the EA community managers posting in the threads giving their agreement and such in post. So it's quite possible that they might also pass certain ideas to the development team.

Interesting. I had a look at a few recent threads in ideas corner, and couldn’t see any comments by Sim Gurus. However, if they do sometimes comment then maybe they are reading the threads.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 2,304 Member
    They have probably indeed looked at the ideas corner much more than they used to. In fact a lot of what came out of Jungle Adventure was drafted by a simmer in that section. In the past they've actually not bothered looking into feedback at all or only when a new pack just released and/or it's a gamebreaking issue. I feel like with new management around now they may be paying more attn to those areas more than they used to.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    Come check out Fedora Dan and Alex Starr!
    They have probably indeed looked at the ideas corner much more than they used to. In fact a lot of what came out of Jungle Adventure was drafted by a simmer in that section. In the past they've actually not bothered looking into feedback at all or only when a new pack just released and/or it's a gamebreaking issue. I feel like with new management around now they may be paying more attn to those areas more than they used to.

Interesting! Do you know the thread title of that jungle adventure thread in ideas corner was? I’d be interested to look at it and compare how similar the finished game pack came out.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 28,432 Member
    They might once in awhile but probably don't have time. I think that is what the community manager is supposed to do and relay those wishes to the different teams.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

TS4 without Terrian Tools is like Windows 8 or 10 without the Start Menu.

• millsmollsmillsmolls Posts: 122 Member
    They might sometimes have a quick scroll through; the development team probably won't check it a lot due to the reasons of them being busy, a lot of ideas are similar, and, I don't mean to offend, but there aren't a lot of elaborated or 'good' ideas.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 2,304 Member

Interesting! Do you know the thread title of that jungle adventure thread in ideas corner was? I’d be interested to look at it and compare how similar the finished game pack came out.

@MaggieMarley http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/926715/nature-adventures-treasure-hunting-gampack-or-the-new-gp-that-works-too/p1

Here ya go :)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    Come check out Fedora Dan and Alex Starr!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 2,036 Member
    edited July 20
    No answers here, it's the proof that they don't.
    Post edited by Jordan061102 on