Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game is getting very glitchy -- Stuck sim, queue disappears, etc.

i have no idea what is happening but it is worrying me! There wasn't much of an issue until my sims had twins. When she went home carrying one of them, she wandered off, down into a hill until she disappeared and ended up on the bottom of the hill and took a taxi back home Finally she was able to put the baby in the crib.That was scary but after she came back, I thought all was well. The next day, I had her get the mail, and she stood in front of it and kept complaining she couldn't get to the mailbox. I try to send her to do other things, but it she was stuck there, so I had to move her via moveobjects cheat. Thought everything was ok again. Went to go feed the babies, after she fed one, I told her to put the baby in the crib and she couldn't, walk out of the house through the wall back around to the front and came in the house again, put the baby on the floor. Then I told her to feed the other baby, and the queue disappeared. Tried again, disappeared. Told her to potty train her toddler, queue disappeared. She won't do anything and I don't know what is going on or what happened! Help!
The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    I understand that the problems started before you did this, but the Move Objects cheat should never be used on a sim of any kind unless you are setting up poses and screenshots with no intention of saving and playing forward. It breaks sims and their routing. It is always safe to reset a sim by way of testingcheats (a very light reset) or NRaas MasterController (a much deeper one).

From where you are now, I would suggest retreating to Edit Town, evict the entire household to the side of the map, copy the residential lot down to the bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move everyone back in without having left the screen.

If that doesn't help fix these things, I'm afraid you may have a corrupt ongoing game on your hands and will have to revert play to a save from before all this started happening if you have such an older or backup save available.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    Ok I will try the first suggestion. After I evict them, is the house going to have everything still in there as is when I copy it or do the items go with the family? Also, do the sims lose anything, such as memories, wants, etc. I always get so hesitant before I do something major, sorry.

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    Furnishings should stay with the house. Sims' possessions should stay with the sims. Yes, they will lose their in-progress wishes and opportunities and their dream managers will likely start over with beginning of the game types of wishes being drawn until things catch up again (just this last part happens with MC Resets also but either way it's only temporary). Memories and history are not lost because they are still the same sims, we aren't running the sims themselves through the household bin and making copies of them this way. Just bumping them out, inconveniencing them for a bit, then pushing them back in.

I understand the hesitancy, you can try this on a copy of your saved game if you like. But if the alternative is to dump the save entirely and start a whole new game, it's not much of a risk relatively.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    @igazor Thank you so much. That did seem to do the trick. Well, so far, so good, at least.