Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What item or activity are your sims obsessed with?

AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
What item or activity does your sim constantly seem to return to? I’ve noticed some items attract more attention than others - and yes, I know that’s something to do with the programming.

But I have to admit, it gets pretty funny after awhile.

For example, my entire sim family (excepting the toddler) are always autonomously eating snowcones. It doesn’t matter that there’s a plate of freshly made spaghetti on the sink, snowcones will always be The Chosen One. :D

Snow cone...
tumblr_paho2tJz0p1xq9hdmo3_540.jpg

snowcone...
tumblr_inline_pacdvjgozd1vhkp6x_540.jpg

snowcone...
tumblr_paho2tJz0p1xq9hdmo2_540.jpg

And grandma Ursa returning from the snowcone machine to eat yet another snowcone.
tumblr_pb0mj4uvRz1xq9hdmo3_540.jpg

So, what are your sims obsessed with? Feel free to share pics and stories of their annoying antics :p

Comments

• polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    Left alone for 5 seconds my sim girls' activity of choice has been carving pumpkins. Can't leave them alone anymore.

These pumpkins are getting out of control.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    @polrbear Lol! Now I’m tempted to have some pumpkins growing on the family lot so I can have ‘em scattered all over the place.

I’m assuming it’ll be similar to how the sandboxes work with this same family: The kids do all the hard work and their evil merman father will destroy them :D
    tumblr_inline_paho9k8MM61vhkp6x_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_paho9dVaNG1vhkp6x_540.jpg
    edited June 2018
    Double post. Blech.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    The Rocking Chair and the slippery slide, really annoying to be honest lol.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I don't have much of a problem with sims being drawn excessively to any particular object or activity because I always do some research before adding new EPs or Store sets/items to see what others find annoying about them and then hunt down tuning mods before I install them. When I can't find mods, I look through the Retuner settings and tune out anything that would annoy me.

Most of my sims are attracted to trait driven objects, for example my Disciplined sims will always go to the MA training equipment but that is good because I usually give them a LTW that involves them mastering the skill and I prefer to let my sims do what they want most of the time. I have found that visiting ghosts immediately go to the rocking chair but I understand that given they arrive in such poor shape.
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Don't have any pics right now but my sims used to be addicted to the Chocolate Fountain until I tuned it out. There are a few food items like that, that sims are drawn to like the Snow Cone Machine. The only non-food activity I can think of that my sims are always doing is brooding and playing loud games on the computer. Actually I think I just described myself :lol:
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I play on low free will most of the time, but occasionally I will play a high free will game. When I do, if my sims have a coffee machine, when they get sleepy, they will go to the coffee machine instead of going to bed. I had one sim keep going to the coffee machine all night. By morning, she was in very bad shape, but still wanted to keep drinking coffee.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I always play on high free will, so my sims will wander off in search of fun if left unattended for even a second. Of course there's some variation in what they choose to pursue. But any sim with the Loves the Outdoors trait will inevitably head for the sprinklers. Adults, elders, kids who just aged up a couple of hours ago and should really be in bed... it doesn't matter. That's all they ever want to do. And since Loves the Outdoors is probably my favorite trait to assign, there's always someone running for the garden at the most inopportune time.

Sometimes I only find out about it when a sim throws a tantrum about not having enough room to use whichever sprinkler head they've picked out because there's, you know, a garden in the way. Stupid plants, always wanting to get watered. Why couldn't they have arranged to be planted somewhere else?
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited June 2018
    polrbear wrote: »
    Left alone for 5 seconds my sim girls' activity of choice has been carving pumpkins. Can't leave them alone anymore.

These pumpkins are getting out of control.

As soon as I saw the title of this post, I was planning to post about pumpkins. My lady farmer was totalling out of control carving pumpkins. She long ago passed on, but to this day, I rarely allow my sims to plant a pumpkin, and when I do, it's only with a storage chest nearby, where any harvested pumpkin *immediately* goes. Unless I screw up, in which case it takes them about 10 seconds to whip out a pumpkin. Of course, if it's near Spooky Day, then they can carve to their hearts' content.

Other things they're doing lately: dumpster diving; my mom sim can't stay away from the bar (I think it was the twins that did her in :D - although they weren't bad at all); heading for the nearest rain puddle; my sims' dog couldn't resist sleeping on the spa bench until I locked the door on him (too many wet dog moodlets floating around the house :D ).

Edited to add: @Amphora Your evil merman cracks me up. He might not if he were in my sims' house, but seeing him always makes me chuckle.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hell!!! Ever since I got him that confounded Fit as a Fiddle violin!

Screenshot%2B%252846%2529.jpgScreenshot%2B%2528113%2529.jpgScreenshot%2B%2528258%2529.jpgScreenshot%2B%2528339%2529.jpgScreenshot%2B%2528472%2529.jpgScreenshot%2B%2528474%2529.jpg
    Haruo, if you don't put that violin away...you're going to freeze your nuts solid.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    The "Old Miller Tea Time Tea Set". I started to build a restaurant, at the first stage I placed dining tables, a buffet, and some tea tables. When testing the lot, I made one of the sims "serve" the buffet, so they had a lot of food available if they are hungry. Instead, they just kept on drinking tea (even though it had a little routing issue as I then found out...) I just don't get my sims sometimes :wink:

Also, one time I tried to test an amusement park lot. Just placed a lot of fun objects in there to see how it goes. It had the "World Of Wonder Carousel", it had the Bull from Showtime, and few more objects that should be an attraction - but sims were locked on the water slide (I think came with Generations), unless I made them go to ather objects.

Plus, the violin mentioned above reminds me of how every sim in town is turning into a master in guitar at some point - which I hate. I like that the guitar skill is more exclusive, and it's also turning annoying to hear the guitar all the time.
    edited June 2018
    @Springfairy556
    I don’t mind the rocking chair too badly, actually. I think it gives a cozy feeling to the home when you see a sim contentedly rocking along. And as for the slip ‘n slide, ugh YES I totally get that. I don’t have one in my sims lot on purpose but that’s one item they’re always wishing for. My sims are always wishing for the annoying items :D

@Mikezumi
    Totally understandable. Sometimes I have enough of certain objects being obsessively interacted with (like the Imaginary friend doll!!! :rage: ) and wish I could tune them out. I’ll have to add Retuner to my already large list of Nraas mods :p

@coco
    Yeah...I had too much fun with the chocolate fountain when it first came to the Store by fattening a sim up and feeding him to a cowplant. But to be fair, it was Liam that annoying sim who always popped up on the mistake page or error page on the old Sims 3 site :D
    My sims always use the computer too! Annoys me so much especially when they have homework or something.

@IreneSwift
    Oh, you are missing out with high free will. Chaos will immediately ensue. Lol!
    I purposely keep the coffee maker away. It doesn’t add enough energy to warrant keeping it on the lot. I prefer my simmies using their beds or even napping wherever they choose to a cuppa coffee. I also hate the moodlets that coffee gives too.

@puzzlezaddict
    Ohhhh, sprinklers. Yes, I have one on my lot on purpose or else my merman sim will get chapped from not being a contact with water for too long. Annoying thing is that between a pool or the sprinkler he always chooses the sprinkler. Annoys me very much, especially when he has to be re-hydrated.
    tumblr_inline_pafwr5SMhb1vhkp6x_540.jpg
    Sprinklers hardly fill up the Hydration need at all. And of course he comforts himself afterward with a snowcone. Lol

@suzses
    Lol, you all are tempting me to make a large patch of pumpkins now. I like seeing the random things sims do :D
    And as for puddles, yes I definitely relate there. I don’t have a dog in my game but I do have a little toddler who likes playing in puddles (through a toddler mod). What gets me is that half the puddles in the house are pee puddles from random family members and those are the puddles he always has to play in.

And thank you for the kind words about Danny! Yes, I can see why you wouldn’t like him in your game. Sometimes I don’t want him in my game either because he wields the megaphone with an iron fist in this household. Scaring his children, or even waking up a sleeping toddler...
    tumblr_paeebmFXiu1xq9hdmo1_540.jpg

tumblr_paeebmFXiu1xq9hdmo2_540.jpg

tumblr_paeebmFXiu1xq9hdmo3_540.jpg
    Completely ridiculous.

@Nikkei_Simmer
    Lol! I have the same problem except with the guitar. Gets so annoying especially as the sim who always plays it tends to play it in front of a highly used item, thus causing congestion and routing problems.

@Avatarit
    I had the tea time set in a house of mine and for my sims it’s either hit or miss. Some will constantly use it and others could seem to care less. And ugh yes that water slide. One of these times though I’m afraid I will be tempted enough to give one to my sims. Lol
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    edited June 2018
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    I play on low free will most of the time, but occasionally I will play a high free will game. When I do, if my sims have a coffee machine, when they get sleepy, they will go to the coffee machine instead of going to bed. I had one sim keep going to the coffee machine all night. By morning, she was in very bad shape, but still wanted to keep drinking coffee.

Yes! I had to dismiss a butler because for two days straight instead of sleeping she just drank cup after cup of coffee. She eventually started passing out in between cups. ( I’ve found a butler only lasts about 2 or 3 days before they stop sleeping and showering and I always have to dismiss them for a “fresh” one. )

Also the rocking chair! NPCs loveeee the rocking chair.

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got mine fishing in Sunset Valley2 though they are having to start getting ready for the coming winter though it's only summer now.
    43038935972_58bb39acac_b.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Playing a sim with the Loves the Cold trait for the first time, and his go to object is the ground. They have a growing army of snowmen, plenty of igloos to house the army, and some snow angels here and there for variety.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Beds, toilets, and refrigerators. No matter what, I can count on most all of my sims trying to use these objects at least once or twice per day each. One would think that their lives or comfort depended on using them on a regular basis. So annoying... >:):p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited June 2018
    @sassygray5
    Lol I was experimenting on a butler once trying to turn him into a mummy and in the midst of my experimenting all the Butler did was either drink from the bar or sleep in a cursed mummy sarcophagus (part of the experiment)

In the end he was turned into half a mummy butler who made one group serving of pancakes and then left my lot never to be seen again. True story :p

@TadOlson
    Ohh I never thought of having fish in pool...maybe my merman sim could throw such a raucous pool party all his bad fish friends would end up living there... :mrgreen:

@Goulsquash
    I’ve never played with those traits before! Now I’ll have to just so I too can have an army of snowmen

igazor wrote: »
    Beds, toilets, and refrigerators. No matter what, I can count on most all of my sims trying to use these objects at least once or twice per day each. One would think that their lives or comfort depended on using them on a regular basis. So annoying... >:):p

The nerve of those sims. Acting as though their life is on the line without those things. Such audacity.
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    Amphora wrote: »
    @sassygray5
    Lol I was experimenting on a butler once trying to turn him into a mummy and in the midst of my experimenting all the Butler did was either drink from the bar or sleep in a cursed mummy sarcophagus (part of the experiment)

In the end he was turned into half a mummy butler who made one group serving of pancakes and then left my lot never to be seen again. True story :p

It's so hard to find good help these days.

• polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    edited June 2018
    @Amphora Funny you mention butlers who won't stop drinking or sleeping (minus the sarcophagus). My sims had a butler named Helen who actually married the heir...

But before marrying the heir all she did was drink. Bonehilda would make her drinks and she'd drink them all. All night. All day.

One famous day she woke up, got drunk, and went back to bed. Of course, at the time, she had had no relationship with anyone in the house and so did not care about anything. Once she liked her future wife and had a good relationship with her, she stopped drinking and actually started cleaning.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited June 2018
    I only buy annoying items if they have a wish for it. Once I buy the item and return to live mode for their wishes to be satisfied, I immediately sell it back at reduced cost. So, they only get the item if it's cheap and if they make more in reward points that it would cost. ;)
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I don’t have the XP that has merpeople but my two garden loving outdoor loving Sims will not leave the sprinkler alone. They try to get to it multiple times per day. They get mad if it gets surrounded by growing plants.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Have you guys with the sims' sprinkler fixations tried fencing off the portions of the gardens where the sprinklers are and locking the gates on them until they find something else to do?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Not yet. I just cancel their intension and give them something else to do.
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    My "childish" sim + the swing in the back yard = the most annoying addiction I've had in the game since the Generations "preside over royal court". Every single time I don't actually give her something to do, she heads straight for that thing. When I am busy controlling other sims and I finally come back to her... Yup. smh. lol
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Have you guys with the sims' sprinkler fixations tried fencing off the portions of the gardens where the sprinklers are and locking the gates on them until they find something else to do?

That's a great idea. With a fence in the way, they can switch their attention from the first sprinkler head to the second, and then back to the first, over and over and over again, from the relative comfort of their living room instead of having to walk all the way to the garden before yelling and stomping their feet. And waving at me. Which is still kind of creepy, by the way.