Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No kids showing up for Trick or Treating?

I didn't have a single kid show up for the trick or treating tradition! :( .... What is your experience with it?

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2018
    One or two came in costume
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    With my game, only three kids showed up, all in costume. One was a kid living in the immediate neighborhood, one was a random NPC kid I've never seen before and one was a teenager (Cassandra Goth). They walked in, stuck their hands into that Spooky Day sweet bowl I had put out for them, yelled, and then walked straight out again. They did not knock on the door or try to interact with the resident sims. And they were gone so quickly that if I hadn't been watching I wouldn't have seen them.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I’ve had some once. Another occasion I didn’t have any. I watched a game changer stream and when the kids did show up they just walked straight into the house, little disappointing if I’m honest.
  • Options
    Elegantblkchina1Elegantblkchina1 Posts: 103 Member
    I didn't expect them to walk in either and I had to stop them, greet them, and then I got the option to trick or treat. I don't think them walking in and getting the candy counts towards the holiday goals since with the first kid the green check didn't start to blink until I chose treat (or trick for one of the other kids). But it shouldn't be that convoluted, they should knock and then we should get the option to trick or treat at the door. Maybe they'll change this in the next update.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I had six or seven walk into the house on my Halloween. But I had to actually click on the kid to get a social menu that had 'Trick" and "Treat' in it. Had to pause the game to do this because those kids were in and out in seconds. But if you have trick or treating chosen as a tradition for that holiday you have to choose one of those two social options and have your Sim interact with the child. If you don't you won't fulfill the tradition and the score goes down to 'great' holiday rather than 'awesome' holiday. And as I said, you have to be quick when they come in because they're in a big hurry to get to the next house. LOL I was disappointed it happens so quickly, too. I was hoping there would be time to socialize more especially with the Sim kids in the active household who cannot go trick or treating.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2018
    Kids didn't show up til after school hours during the weekday for me actually, which made sense. Haven't tried the weekend to see how that worked. Teens and children alike. Got about six of them. They walked up to the door in costume and knocked. Had my sim go and give them candy or trick them one. It worked nicely in my opinion for me.

Even when I was throwing a spooky party at my other sim's apartment had a couple of them show up there too. Yeah, if you have sim children they don't have long to interact with the other kids for too long because they're gonna run off to the next house for that candy :p

I tend to just throw a Spooky party for my sim kids and invite some of their friends over.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Only one here.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    I didn't expect them to walk in either and I had to stop them, greet them, and then I got the option to trick or treat. I don't think them walking in and getting the candy counts towards the holiday goals since with the first kid the green check didn't start to blink until I chose treat (or trick for one of the other kids). But it shouldn't be that convoluted, they should knock and then we should get the option to trick or treat at the door. Maybe they'll change this in the next update.

That makes me think that perhaps the solution is not to put out the candy bowl. That way, maybe the kids will stay around long enough for my sims to interact with them. Although this really shouldn't be happening.
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    FKM100 wrote: »

That makes me think that perhaps the solution is not to put out the candy bowl. That way, maybe the kids will stay around long enough for my sims to interact with them. Although this really shouldn't be happening.

Yep - I had a candy bowl in the house for my spooky day party. Kids just walked right in to get it! I deleted it after the first kid and they all knocked on the door after that.

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    So the spooky candy dish draws them in without having to knock first. Okay. Spooky candy dish goes into household inventory after dark. I wondered why my Sim gave them candy after they had taken some from the candy dish. Good info! Thanks.
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    I don't have the Spooky SP so didn't have the candy bowl. About 4 ish sims knocked on the door in costumes and I had the option to Trick or Treat with them. Unfortunately my sims were having a party at the time with loud music on so I missed most of them knocking. We need doorbells back!
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    HUH? they made in trick-or-treating in the EP and not even having the ability to knock and trick or treat interaction?
    It's basically just NPCs (like Maids, Piz. Delvs) with NPCs that come into your house then. But this one is may be (personally) the worst I bought it with real money unlike the other cool NPCs that just came with free patches. So it's all just marketing afterall... * raising left eyebrow *
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’m so disappointed in this tradition. I play large families mostly, and they can’t all complete the tradition because only 2-3 Sims show up to trick or treat. Each of my Sims has to give a trick or treat to complete the tradition, I couldn’t get them to stay long enough for my family of 6 to all interact with them. :/
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I’m so disappointed in this tradition. I play large families mostly, and they can’t all complete the tradition because only 2-3 Sims show up to trick or treat. Each of my Sims has to give a trick or treat to complete the tradition, I couldn’t get them to stay long enough for my family of 6 to all interact with them. :/

I used the Candy bowl from Spooky Stuff, just set it on the coffee table. Had about 8 show up and they let themselves in, grabbed candy and left.
  • Options

Yep - I had a candy bowl in the house for my spooky day party. Kids just walked right in to get it! I deleted it after the first kid and they all knocked on the door after that.

I moved it to the front porch. That took care of them coming in.
  • Options
    Marktn wrote: »

I used the Candy bowl from Spooky Stuff, just set it on the coffee table. Had about 8 show up and they let themselves in, grabbed candy and left.

Did it complete the tradition for your Sims? Because when I used the candy bowl in my test save it didn’t give my Sims the check mark, so I deleted it after the first two trick or treaters.
  • Options

Did it complete the tradition for your Sims? Because when I used the candy bowl in my test save it didn’t give my Sims the check mark, so I deleted it after the first two trick or treaters.

Yes it did complete it for me. I just left it out until the event ended and all checks were earned.
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I had quite a few kids and teens come by my house. So grabbed candy from the bowl and others knocked on my door. One sim, I don't remember who it was, changed costumes and came back a second time. :D
  • Options

Yes it did complete it for me. I just left it out until the event ended and all checks were earned.

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll have to try it again.
  • Options
    Elegantblkchina1Elegantblkchina1 Posts: 103 Member

Oh good to know. I was thinking the bowl was needed to "treat" but now that I think about it when I gave them a treat it wasn't from the bowl. Thank you both for info. But I'm torn if I should get rid of the bowl since I really enjoy watching the bowl scare the kids.
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    None showed up for mine, i had the candy bowl outside Incase i didn’t hear/see them coming but i watched the bowl and no kids showed
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    HUH? they made in trick-or-treating in the EP and not even having the ability to knock and trick or treat interaction?
    It's basically just NPCs (like Maids, Piz. Delvs) with NPCs that come into your house then. But this one is may be (personally) the worst I bought it with real money unlike the other cool NPCs that just came with free patches. So it's all just marketing afterall... * raising left eyebrow *

Why would it? I mean that's a loading screen per lot. That would get more than tedious. :# Much as I would like my sim spawn to be able to do so it's not worth six or more loading screens to be on lot for a couple of seconds. I don't mind loading screens but that's too much. Would have been fine if you could just go to the neighbors home without a loading screen. or much like apartments just knock on the door and they'll just open the door and come out. Maybe one day that'll be possible that won't require loading individual lots.

Only other thing I could have thought about them going about tit is your sims children leaving your home lot for a few hours via rabbit hole to trick or treat and come back with possibly some candy in their inventory or none at all if they had a bad time? Or maybe a rock.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    simgurl323simgurl323 Posts: 76 Member
    Are kids/teens from played households able to go trick-or-treating?
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I didn't have any either. :'(
  • Options
    simgurl323 wrote: »
    Are kids/teens from played households able to go trick-or-treating?

Nope~ You might see your sim/teen from another household come trick or treat but you can't directly go do it with them.
    5vJrxmT.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top