Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Festival's missing from Calendar

I feel this is a pretty big oversight since they festivals are on a rotation schedule. Can we have them automatically added to our calendar? Romance, Humor & Hijinks, Geek and so on.
Origin: covahenasni

Comments

• PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    The problem with all these festivals comes when you play more then one household. If a household doesn't get to celebrate a festival all the Sims in that household gets depressed and there are so many festivals...
  • covahenasnicovahenasni Posts: 149 Member
    edited June 2018
    I wasn't aware that a household that is played, but not active during the festival, would receive a negative moodlet.
    How is that possible? It isn't active.
    Origin: covahenasni
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Festival notifications are annoying now. I never go. Wish there was an option to disable festivals. I feel like it’s one of those “experience once and no need to do it again” type deals, at least for me.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    > @covahenasni said:
    > I wasn't aware that a household that is played, but not active during the festival, would receive a negative moodlet.
    > How is that possible? It isn't active.

I Think it's due to the calendar. Up to seasons the households didn't love in the same timeline, you got back to the household more or less where you left them unless the different households interacted in some way. Now they follow the same timeline so you can't celebrate for example harvest two times. Even if you do jump between households during the festival it becomes very stressful due to all the interactions that has to be performed, if a hosehold of four has to give gifts to each other it's nine interactions on top of all the other things that has to be done during the festival. On top of that the Sims has all the basic needs that has to be met. Sleeping, eating, toiletbreaks and showers. Do you have a full households (eight members) gift giving runs up to 56 interactions just in it self.
  • mggabstermggabster Posts: 4 New Member
    It would be nice to have an extra section added for festivals so that sims won't be sad if they don't go to it but you can still be aware of when they are... however it should come with an option to disable it for those who don't bother with festivals. Personally, I only go to them if my sim is living in an apartment and the festival is in the area they're living in.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Festival notifications are annoying now. I never go. Wish there was an option to disable festivals. I feel like it’s one of those “experience once and no need to do it again” type deals, at least for me.

I agree with this a ton. I really wish we could just disable them.