Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Evolving too slow and grafted plants not happening after gardening patch

EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
Evolving plants in my game is taking way too long. Loving all the new things in The Sims Seasons.  The gardening update however has me a bit frustrated. I understand having different plants grow in certain seasons. The glitch with wild plants spawning in multiples is weird but just leaves more for harvesting. My main concern is why does it take so very long to evolve plants. The Freelance Botanist aspiration requires 5 plants to be evolved. My gardener planted the very first day on the lot. He finally has evolved 4 of the 5 required plants. Gardening skills are maxed at level 10 and he has had two youth potions... so far. He does all of the gardening interactions several times a day. Some plants were moved indoors. Now they are all indoors. I added bees to the greenhouse but still see very little evidence of plants progressing.
Grafting is also suspect. I have tried in 3 different saves with different Sims. Example is grafting strawberries with snapdragons to get dragonfruit. I can take a cutting and graft but dragonfruit does not appear. What am I doing wrong?

Edit:
Information I have found helpful
Carl's The Sims Guides on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0IIEZuaOermmnQCzudUo-g
Post edited by EuphorialQueen on

Comments