Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

holy bills!

I got my first bills and I started seasons on my game in late fall I turned on my thermostat to warmer costs more and my bill was $26,000!! haha (note to self set therm at cooler cost less!!)

Comments

• ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    The "frugal" reward trait is always the first one my sims get, it does make a difference, especially if multiple sims in the household have it.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • mollymegan30mollymegan30 Posts: 84 Member
    well note to self AGAIN don't set to cooler either! lol I got the "morgue like" icon
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I got the morgue thing too.

My last bill was $40,000 and change, lol. Good thing those Sims are rich...
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    My bills went from 5k to 20k. I did have over 100k in the bank though so it’s all good. I have now learned my lesson about thermostats lol
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    omg I better turn this thing off
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    My poor sims are wearing sweaters inside to save money, since it's only cold or cool, not freezing.
    image.png
  • notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    OMG that much?! I know heat/air costs some big bucks but literally tripling your bill or more seems super exaggerated LOL definitely up for the challenge tho!!

BUT, on the plus side, apartment rent does not change regardless of the thermostat use! My newlyweds are just starting out in their teeny apartment and totally taking advantage of having that thing on 24/7 for free lol. Im excited for them to get a house but considering waiting until after winter is over hehe
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    YIKES~ D:

Guess my sims will just bundle up in the winter. Though that's a pretty nice addition, especially if you have Sims that have so much money they don't know what to do with it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    OMG that much?! I know heat/air costs some big bucks but literally tripling your bill or more seems super exaggerated LOL definitely up for the challenge tho!!

BUT, on the plus side, apartment rent does not change regardless of the thermostat use! My newlyweds are just starting out in their teeny apartment and totally taking advantage of having that thing on 24/7 for free lol. I'm excited for them to get a house but considering waiting until after winter is over hehe

Really? NICE, I have a cuple of sims in the apartment too time to mooch off the thermostat now.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

BUT, on the plus side, apartment rent does not change regardless of the thermostat use! My newlyweds are just starting out in their teeny apartment and totally taking advantage of having that thing on 24/7 for free lol. I'm excited for them to get a house but considering waiting until after winter is over hehe

Really? NICE, I have a cuple of sims in the apartment too time to mooch off the thermostat now.

Yup! I used the thermostat very sparingly during summer afraid that the bills would go up a ton, but the apartment rent was the exact same as usual. So then of course i over-use it constantly, and the rent is still exactly the same, not a single simoleon over! Lol
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Yup! I used the thermostat very sparingly during summer afraid that the bills would go up a ton, but the apartment rent was the exact same as usual. So then of course i over-use it constantly, and the rent is still exactly the same, not a single simoleon over! Lol

LOL guess they cover heat and hot water.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Yeah the bills are so ridiculous. My Sims live in Oasis Spring and I turned on thermostat as the toddler was cold during the winter. The bills were $69K. My Sims only had $100K. My Sims are going to be bankrupt at this rate. Makes the game a bit interesting right now, as my Sims always have tons of money. But with my garden, & most plants dormant (during winter), my Sims aren't making tons of money right now. The mom is writer...and she does have a couple grand coming in on book royalties and the dad is in the gardening career and also does archaeology where they send him random artifacts from time to time....but I'm thinking that if bills are that high next Monday....my Sims could be toast. No way my Sims can afford that without the income from the garden.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've started having them put on their winter clothes in the house. Unfortunately some are cozy warm.. you know like sweatpants and long sleeves and won't really look like outside winter clothes if they wear them when I rotate families.
    egTcBMc.png
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Well, you've wanted ways to spend all that extra, easy-to-come by money! There you go! :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Oh jeez, you guys are scaring me!

I'm still building my house, haven't even played yet :( lol. I cheat to build my sims their home (20k? What kind of mortgage is that!) but once it's finished, they're on their own for bills. Now I'm worried they'll never be able to scrape by! :#
    I have to say I am excited about my rich sims going broke from the bills hahah.
  • ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    yeah my power bill increased 10k in price.
    hecc that
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,322 Member
    so what happens if you’re sim can’t afford to pay bills? I had my sim quit their job just before I got my bill :# because the household was making a lot of money fast and I don’t want them having so much. My bill was originally 10-12k and it jumped to 41.5k I only had it 2 days so far
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    so what happens if you’re sim can’t afford to pay bills? I had my sim quit their job just before I got my bill :# because the household was making a lot of money fast and I don’t want them having so much. My bill was originally 10-12k and it jumped to 41.5k I only had it 2 days so far

Better have your sim on their knees begging the boss for their job back :D
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Better start working on that money tree farm.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,322 Member

His wife is still working and I have 380k now left but I don’t want to blow right through it...I was planning on killing him off too.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

His wife is still working and I have 380k now left but I don’t want to blow right through it...I was planning on killing him off too.

Darn...well how much would your Sim get in insurance if he died? >:)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    I got my first winter bill and holy snap, crackle, pop! It went from being like 1.5k to 6k. I immediately turned all the lights to auto since my sims like to keep them on at all times of the day and now turn on the fireplace when my sim's fiance (who hates the cold) is gone for work. Luckily they didn't spread themselves too thin with their current house, but at this rate they are going to be barely scraping by in the winter and summer haha.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    Yeah the bills are so ridiculous. My Sims live in Oasis Spring and I turned on thermostat as the toddler was cold during the winter. The bills were $69K. My Sims only had $100K. My Sims are going to be bankrupt at this rate. Makes the game a bit interesting right now, as my Sims always have tons of money. But with my garden, & most plants dormant (during winter), my Sims aren't making tons of money right now. The mom is writer...and she does have a couple grand coming in on book royalties and the dad is in the gardening career and also does archaeology where they send him random artifacts from time to time....but I'm thinking that if bills are that high next Monday....my Sims could be toast. No way my Sims can afford that without the income from the garden.

Might be time to invest in a greenhouse and more frequent trips to Selvadorado.

• brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    Can’t wait for my sims first bills now, have had thermostat on permanently.