Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What random holidays have you had in your game?

2...Next

Comments

• Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    So far I got Prank Day, the Lottery and Talk Like a Pirate Day.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    Because i want to make a rebate day to take place after harvestfest to Mirror Black Friday.

Same! But we don’t have a similar enough tradition in the game yet. Hopefully the modders are on it!
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I added Simdependence Day in Summer!
  • beckyZOOMbeckyZOOM Posts: 56 Member
    Prank day and neigbourhood brawl is one that's up next for me - Perfect time for my sim to beat up her brothers annoying wife...
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    Because i want to make a rebate day to take place after harvestfest to Mirror Black Friday.

Same! But we don’t have a similar enough tradition in the game yet. Hopefully the modders are on it!

But for right now i want to wait for the Devs to do there quick fix patches .
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I had neighbourhood brawl too. The funny thing, it was the day after love day and I lived in the same neigbourhood as the Caliente household. I can totally see that happening. Don getting beaten up by the Caliente ladies over what he did the day before :naughty:
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    I had a lottery which was really cool, but the Landgraabs won. I wish we could make holidays like the random ones with skill boosts and lotteries.

As if the Landgraabs need any more money :lol:

Yeah I've had the lottery too. I've also had a 'Night On the Town'
    giphy.gif
  • ldartsldarts Posts: 29 Member
    Ive had Neighbourhood Brawl, Rebate Day, Night On The Town,New Skill Day, Pirate Day, Prank Day, Movie Premiere and Lottery
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    So far just lottery day and rebate day. :smile: It's been fun so far!
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I haven't played the pack much yet, but these random holidays sound really fun! And it sounds like there's quite a few of them too!
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I just experienced the lottery in my game and Mayor Whiskers won...

I guess if a cat can hold a seat in public office, they can do anything.
  • idoliseidolise Posts: 9 New Member
    I had the lottery day, and the sim who won got $1M
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    How often do they appear? I've played through two weeks and haven't got a single random holiday. :/
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    so, i mentioned having a vampire hibernate through an entire year to see where my hidden holidays were... i wrote the dates down specifically to not accidentally place another holiday over them, then closed the game without saving. figuring the hidden holidays would be in the same spots.

however, they are not. now, instead of 'prank day' on spring 22, i have 'rebate day' on spring 23. (neighborhood brawl stayed on spring 14 because it was already visible on the calendar when i started this). so, the hidden holidays are randomly determined, likely each week has a 'roll' to see if there's a hidden holiday in it (if there's room) then one is randomly determined from the list.
  • morganlydiamorganlydia Posts: 57 Member
    The only one I have had so far was "Neighborhood Brawl" and I deleted it off the calendar. I don't like the idea of my Sims fighting as a holiday!
  • 0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    I have had:
    The Lottery + Rebate Day in Spring.
    Night on The Town + TV Season Premiere in Summer.

And that's all I have played since I'm on 28 day seasons.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @morganlydia i know you don't like the idea of sims fighting as a holiday, but 'neighborhood brawl' actually acts a lot like the 'practice fighting' interaction unlocked by sims with high relationship. they'll fight, teens do not take an empathy or conflict resolution hit from doing it, and then they'll hug immediately afterwards, getting a +relationship from the whole interaction
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018
    Talk Like a Pirate Day, Rebate Day and Season Premier Day so far. Love these xD
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    So far, I've only seen Rebate Day and Neighborhood Brawl in my game. Funny thing is, at first, I didn't realize that Rebate Day was a random/hidden holiday. It appeared between Harvestfest and Winterfest, so my first thought was that it was the Gurus' nod to Black Friday. I actually almost bug-reported it when I was trying to tweak the calendar a bit and found I was unable to edit/move that one.

Then when Neighborhood Brawl popped up, it clicked that it was a random/hidden thing -- it seemed to appear more suddenly, at least to my mind. I too just deleted that one, as I felt it was really pretty inappropriate for the Sim family I was playing at the time. Maybe next time it pops up I'll switch to a Sim who'd be more likely to enjoy a 'friendly' brawl. (The Sims version of The Purge?)

Looking forward to seeing some of the other days folks have mentioned here. Talk Like a Pirate Day sounds like fun. :smile:
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • SimityPaigeSimityPaige Posts: 12 New Member
    so far have had talk like a pirate, lottery day, and new skill day. i also have max day seasons, which increases your chance of getting the lottery holiday. <3 <3
  • SabrosaSabrosa Posts: 1,359 Member
    I have fun with the lottery holiday. I sometimes go and save a new file with the lotto winner as my main sim. Never has my sim won. Closest thing was my twins nanny winning and my other Sims best friend winning. I like to update items on rebate day.

Talk like a pirate day just gave me a surprised. I was just clicking the pirate actions and my single gardener sim has now ended up pregnant. Oopsy!