Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This isn't very attractive to look at

SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
OK this has to be a bug/issue with my game card because it CANNOT be a design choice it looks awful. :angry:

42916091792_daa64fda1b_o.png

29093076938_86b8a79b6f_o.png

42965941421_904bf8e158_o.png

42965941221_c5e8a805b8_o.png

If I zoom in real close it goes normal.

42965941061_0c26245852_o.png

42965940891_cd4a42a8a7_o.png

42965940781_cf96c08ddf_o.png

28096661577_914cc8ce1d_o.png

28096661327_ef5a6851ff_o.png

Even in other worlds.

29093188518_37e93a868e_o.png

42064031425_0b4414c9dc_o.png

Then lo and behold as the weather changed from cloudy to partly cloudy it went back to normal!

42965939221_c27bb2b242_o.png

28096660387_33622f7c85_o.png
Post edited by Simanite on

Comments

• Sheli3Sheli3 Posts: 60 Member
    Looks fine in my game... maybe it has something to do with your graphics settings?
    Origin ID: ShellySub
  • hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    I noticed this too - only in San Myshuno. Looked even worse when there was a thunderstorm.

All my graphics settings are on high too.

Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Mine are on highest possible.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    I noticed this too in forgotten hollow and I play on ultra setting
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I have this too! Looks very odd.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited June 2018
    There is a problem with that world for me as well. The sky is blocked by a big blue square that moves around with the camera. You can’t see the clouds behind it and it covers some of the backdrop as well. I play on ultra so my graphics are not an issue.

ETA: I only loaded into the neighborhood with the 3 level apartment. Don’t know if other neighborhoods are affected as well. No other world I’ve played in has the square.
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    When it's cloudy, it just looks like it hasn't rendered properly. :confused:

29085861548_d2c3c5cc9d_o.png

29085861208_bc4347f361_o.png

What brand of graphics card do you have my love? That way we can send the bug report and see if there is a correlation between certain brands (i.e Nvidia or AMD). I play on Ultra too so when I go into the game in a bit I will check. That is a really bad graphical bug and its so frustrating for those of us that love taking pictures. Be sure to open a thread in the bug section or tweet the gurus lovelies as that def looks like a graphical bug. That should def not look like that, especially when playing on High or Ultra.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    This is probably an obvious question, but what kind of graphics card do you have? If you're using something below the recommended requirements, it might have been able to run on ultra, but it doesn't mean it will render everything properly. If you do meet the requirements, then definitely report it in the bug section so the devs can be aware of it.
    #Team Occult
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yeah, I'm playing in San Myshuno in spring and I haven't noticed that building outline. It's gray and rainy a lot but my skyline doesn't look like that.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
    LiELF wrote: »
    This is probably an obvious question, but what kind of graphics card do you have? If you're using something below the recommended requirements, it might have been able to run on ultra, but it doesn't mean it will render everything properly. If you do meet the requirements, then definitely report it in the bug section so the devs can be aware of it.

I have a Nvidia, don’t know the exact model at the moment but it’s well above what’s recommended. I didn’t have this problem prior to seasons.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I fired up my game just for this, started a family in Spring, waited until it became (partly) cloudy and traveled to San Myshuno.
    No problems as OP as seen:

15odkj4.png

So it might be your graphics card/graphics settings
    I use Nvidia just like OP, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti to be exact.
  • Ona_SimmerOna_Simmer Posts: 60 Member
    I am so interested in this even though I don't have City Living
    Origin Name : Ona_Simmer

HC9IknO.png

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    Did you guys try removing your mods folder and repairing the game? I don't know if it will help, but it's worth a shot. I make it a habit now to completely remove all mods/cc, delete the cache folder and the localthumbcache file before downloading new content. After I download, I do a game repair just in case something got tweaked in the process and also to refresh the game. Then I start up the game completely vanilla (I actually have some cc/mod free saves that I put in) and play it that way for a few days to see how the new content runs and if there are any bugs. I find that this is the best way to rule out avoidable problems from the beginning. Once I swap back in my mods folder and original saves, I can tell if I suddenly get new issues that it's a mod or cc.

Sometimes it also helps to remove screenshots and videos and save them elsewhere. If the folders get bogged down, I think they can sometimes cause trouble. As can the tray folder. For some reason the tray can cause performance issues.

I admit I haven't had a chance to go into live mode yet since downloading Seasons, but I have my game all set to go and I'll be testing it out this weekend. But if I get the same issue I'll report back here.
    #Team Occult
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Simanite wrote: »
    When it's cloudy, it just looks like it hasn't rendered properly. :confused:

29085861548_d2c3c5cc9d_o.png

29085861208_bc4347f361_o.png

Looks like it’s because you’re using a sky replacement mod.
    @jackjack_k OMG I was thinking I didn't have any CC but then I realised I'd added it back in and you're right.
    edited June 2018
    OK so removed all CC and regenerated a new folder and it still looks bad.

42916091792_daa64fda1b_o.png

29093076938_86b8a79b6f_o.png
    Hi @Schantal I have a GeForce GTX 980
    Can some more people show what their SM looks like when cloudy?
    edited June 2018
    UGH...
    edited June 2018
    well looks like the blue square was a glitch of some sort because it is no longer there for me, sky box texture is fully intact like usual. Hope OP finds a solution for his problem.
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    edited June 2018
    It looks like this in my game

VX7tFOv.png
    85Xs72R.png
    TW315yL.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It looks like the skyscrapers in the backdrop are actually 2D, so when the fog/blizzard effect is applied to them, the illusion of depth goes away.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    Just got more dark and cloudier.

fhwtk50.png
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Yikes. Even on normal that should not look like that. On the lowest, maybe. But its very disturbing to me. Will see now how it looks in my game.