Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood Glitches

So with Parenthood now installed, I'm having a glitch where the placemats just dissappear whenever a Sim sits down to eat on one. Anyone else having this issue? I am playing on Xbox One.

Comments

• DoodleSmack32DoodleSmack32 Posts: 50 Member
    This especially happens whenever my sims eat with a bowl!
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    Haven't used placemats yet, but there are a pair of pants that need the masculine and feminine filters unchecked to be able to view and put them on. The color swatches are also gray until you put them on. (PS4)
  • RosiieoRosiieo Posts: 23 Member
    I've always had it where the placemats disappear when they sit down but I assumed it was intentional?
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    That is by design. They disappear when the sim uses the spot.
    They're supposed to stay on until the Sim is finished eating though. It used to do this when I first got the pack and now all of a sudden they just dissappear. It doesn't do this on PC I know that!
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    They're supposed to stay on until the Sim is finished eating though. It used to do this when I first got the pack and now all of a sudden they just dissappear. It doesn't do this on PC I know that!

It does disappear when a plate/bowl is set in that place. I play on PC 100% of the time and it does in my game. My daughter tried the console version.
    They're supposed to stay on though they used to I remember because it added the aesthetic to their dining experience. Otherwise what's the point of having the placemats if they just dissappear now when sims use them?
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited June 2018
    I think there is a problem with the placemats. What I am seeing is the sims sits at the placemat starts to eat then gets up, the place mat disappears, then they are able to eat.

Before, sims would eat at the placemat and it would disappear after using it.

Edit
    oops didnt realize this was console but this is what is happening to me on PC
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I think there is a problem with the placemats. What I am seeing is the sims sits at the placemat starts to eat then gets up, the place mat disappears, then they are able to eat.

Before, sims would eat at the placemat and it would disappear after using it.

Edit
    oops didnt realize this was console but this is what is happening to me on PC

Yes! Thank you! No you just proved my point! They used to eat with the placemats then they would dissappear afterwards!! Lol
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    They're supposed to stay on though they used to I remember because it added the aesthetic to their dining experience. Otherwise what's the point of having the placemats if they just dissappear now when sims use them?

They actually are meant to stay you are correct, this has been reported as I saw the tweet on twitter.