Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats and dogs - A bug that still hasn't been fixed

Hello, It has been almost 8 monthes since the release of the sims 4 cats and dogs EP.
Yet a bug which is rarley being talked about is the Pet vs Pet interaction bug
I'll explain by the same thing I wrote 7 monthes ago:

Im having a situation where no dog or cat or any pet interact with eachother and it feels so unnatural.

I did some experiments. I've learned that pets interactions can only happen within the same family. For example two pets that are in the same family can autonomously interact with each other (though in my opinion I still think it takes a long time until they do), But when I invited a pet from the neighbors, and put it with my dog in a plain room (doors locked), nothing happend. I recorded it as well. They were just ignoring one another for HOURS!. Moreover I've learned that the "Be nice to..." command won't work on a pet that belongs to another family or a stray pet, since they can not interact as I mentioned at the top (from being in different families and not from the same one). The *ONLY* interaction that happend is when I told my pet to mate with another pet, only then I saw an animation and an interaction which failed.

I linked a video showing the bug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAT6rB8BK00&feature=youtu.be

Here is a link to the post i did about this bug at answers HQ:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Pets-wont-interact/m-p/6486536#M54794

This led me to the conclusion that:
Pet can't and never will interact with a pet he doesn't know (have a realtionship bar) The only way for them to interact is for the pets to greet eachother, but as i said, they cant interact with eachother, thus cant greet and have a realtionship bar Ever

I tried in anyway I can to comlain to Ea, and to the sims 4 team (believe me its so hard) i bought your product which does not work properly, and i cant do anything about it.

When I saw no patch would even mention the bug I decided to get a help from a very talanted modder called "LittleMsSam"
(here is her website: http://littlemssam.de/)
I wrote her an email explaining her the problem and this is what she sent me back:

I looked into the Pet to Pet Interactions and this is what i found so far:

1) Almost all Interactions require a Relationship between Pets which makes sense. They need to meet first just like Sims. So i won't touch those.

2) But what i also found was that the actual Pet to Pet Greeting Interaction is set to no autonomous which does not make sense if we actually can't play Pets. I really don't know if EA was knowing what they were doing but this does not make sense to me. So this is one thing i would change. Make it to be autonomous. This Part will be a Work in Progress i guess because only spending time playing the game will show how this autonomous Interaction will be used by Pets.

3) What i also found was indeed a Bug. When you send your dog to be nice to another dog (which they've never met) a loot will be added via the Interaction BUT EA messed this up. Instead of giving the loot (add relationship Pet to pet) to your Pet and the other Pet it is added to the Actor (the Sim themself) and your Pet -.- So this is another Thing i will change. I could already test this Part and it works now.

I thought that untill now EA would do something, but it doesn't surprise me they havn't.

Im writing this disscussion, in hope that someone will see it, and it would be fixed soon.

Thank you for whoever red this far, I appriciate it

Now for the rest of the details:

1. I do not use any mods as for now

2. Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs installed:

Get to work expansion pack, Get together expansion pack, City living expansion pack, Cats and dogs expansion pack, Dine out game pack and Perfect patio stuff pack

3. Occurring since the realse of the EP: November 10, 2017 (Yes it has been that long)

4. My Operating system: Windows 10.

Yes i have reinstalled, regenerated the original game folder, and fixed the game, None of which helped to solve the bug.

Comments