Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions from simmers without seasons for simmers with seasons

06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
Hi, I won't be buying the pack for a while still so I was hoping some of you with the pack could answer some questions for people like me without the pack.

1. What happens when you place traditionally inside furniture outside? Does it get covered with snow?
2. If you have cc, does the cc get covered in snow?
3. Which items are not covered in snow from. Different packs.
4. Do pools have weather effects like raindrops?
5. Do puddles disappear in 15 game minutes like in the videos that was released?
6. How do seasons look like when they transition like from summer to fall and fall to winter, winter to summer.
7. Do the very far backgrounds change at all?
8. How do bees worked compared to those from sims 3?
9. Has anyone seen the easter bunny? How does it work?

Feel free to ask you own questions about the pack and thanks to everyone willing to answer ^^
Post edited by 06Bon06 on

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I can only answer #4: I saw raindrops in a pool.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I can only answer #4: I saw raindrops in a pool.

Oh cool. Thank you ^^

I wonder why they added raindrops to pools and not in puddles.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    1. As far as I can tell yes. I downloaded a lot off of the gallery that used a sized up toy car and it had snow cover, so I assume that extends to most objects in game.
    2. Don’t know on this one. I’d assume no unless the creator updates it to get snow cover.
    3. Again, don’t know. To be honest I’m sure there were items in Sims 2 and 3 that did not react to seasonal weather conditions or accumulate snow cover.
    4. They might. I know the water around the world does. There is actually quite a bit of detail for things like rain. Tilting the camera allows you to see the puddles, which actually accumulate quite a bit (besides the standard looking puddles). They are very subtle, but look really good when the lighting hits them just right.
    5. No. The transitions are actually a lot more gradual than I thought they would be. A few hours after transitioning from winter to spring there was still snow on the ground, but there is pockets of grass poking through. The temperature plays a role in how quickly the weather effects transition.
    6. Actually really good. It is not abrupt at all. In fact it’s really fluid and gradual. Snow cover takes a minute to get a full blanket, and if you use the weather machine it takes a little longer unless you’re in the appropriate season (blizzard in summer will take awhile to get snow sticking on the ground, at least from my brief testing).
  • Options
    1. As far as I can tell yes. I downloaded a lot off of the gallery that used a sized up toy car and it had snow cover, so I assume that extends to most objects in game.
    2. Don’t know on this one. I’d assume no unless the creator updates it to get snow cover.
    3. Again, don’t know. To be honest I’m sure there were items in Sims 2 and 3 that did not react to seasonal weather conditions or accumulate snow cover.
    4. They might. I know the water around the world does. There is actually quite a bit of detail for things like rain. Tilting the camera allows you to see the puddles, which actually accumulate quite a bit (besides the standard looking puddles). They are very subtle, but look really good when the lighting hits them just right.
    5. No. The transitions are actually a lot more gradual than I thought they would be. A few hours after transitioning from winter to spring there was still snow on the ground, but there is pockets of grass poking through. The temperature plays a role in how quickly the weather effects transition.
    6. Actually really good. It is not abrupt at all. In fact it’s really fluid and gradual. Snow cover takes a minute to get a full blanket, and if you use the weather machine it takes a little longer unless you’re in the appropriate season (blizzard in summer will take awhile to get snow sticking on the ground, at least from my brief testing).

Thank you. :)

Nice, I'm glad most items get snow cover I just wonder if they forgot some or... Out of curiosity I'll test it out in sims 3 and see if and how many objects don't have snow cover.

I. Honestly enjoy the lighting in sims 4 as a whole, it is beautiful. I also like how the lightning looks through windows.

In the videos the puddles disappeared in 15 minutes from when the rain started to get less. That's nice, do you have a picture of that? I have been waiting forever to see that.

Ahh that's nice, makes sense. Also in the videos I saw the snow would look really weird as it got thicker like the opacity was set to 50%, is that what happens in game?

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Nice, I'm glad most items get snow cover I just wonder if they forgot some or... Out of curiosity I'll test it out in sims 3 and see if and how many objects don't have snow cover.

I. Honestly enjoy the lighting in sims 4 as a whole, it is beautiful. I also like how the lightning looks through windows.

In the videos the puddles disappeared in 15 minutes from when the rain started to get less. That's nice, do you have a picture of that? I have been waiting forever to see that.

Ahh that's nice, makes sense. Also in the videos I saw the snow would look really weird as it got thicker like the opacity was set to 50%, is that what happens in game?

I can get a picture later today for you. The snow’s opacity lessens as it gets thicker. It’s not as bad as I thought it would be since there is no off ground accumulation.

The lighting is great with seasons. My favorite new effect is thunderstorms which are rendered excellently in game.
  • Options

I can get a picture later today for you. The snow’s opacity lessens as it gets thicker. It’s not as bad as I thought it would be since there is no off ground accumulation.

The lighting is great with seasons. My favorite new effect is thunderstorms which are rendered excellently in game.

Thunderstorms are one of the reasons I do eventually plan on getting the pack and I like new things XD

I'm just glad to know there are clear areas without snow because the video made it look like everything just get converted in a weird layer.

Thank you for going to the trouble of getting a picture ^^
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    edited June 2018
    I don't have the pack yet either, so I hope it's okay for me to jump in with my questions too. :)

1. Is there a way to turn off all the neighbor's decorations on their houses?
    2. Does the Windenburg island have a skating rink/roller-blade rink, food stands, etc. on it?
    3. Does Forgotten Hollow have any skating rinks or food stands?
    4. Can we put the weather machine inside like in a basement, or does it have to be outside?
    5. Do sims automatically change into the cold weather clothes in winter?
    6. How do I keep my sims cool without the thermostat?
  • Options
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    I don't have the pack yet either, so I hope it's okay for me to jump in with my questions too. :)

2. Does the Windenburg island have a skating rink/roller-blade rink, food stands, etc. on it?
    4. Can we put the weather machine inside like in a basement, or does it have to be outside?

That's perfect. I was hoping some others would ask more questions too.

Great questions, I hope the island has its own stuff.
  • Options
    Another question from me,

How do bees work?
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2018
    Another question from me,

How do bees work?

Been playing with the bee's for awhile and this is what I know.

-Bee's sleep at night time (and if you disturb them at night even gathering honey they get mad and sting you)
    -You can bond with the bee's (There is a relationship bar)
    -If you wear the bee keeper outfit it lessens the chance of your sim getting stung BUT it also irritates the bee's that you're wearing it
    -The bee box can be treated for termites that you'll see eating away at the box (Think it effects their mood)
    -Honey gradually is made from the bee's and starts off as poor quality
    -You an eat honey and sell honey.
    -You can gather a swarm of bee's from the box and have them fetch gifts for you, woo another sim, release them, or send them to attack another sim
    -Honey is required to make the honey cake in a recipe and another one
    -Bee's will pollinate your plants
    -When you hover over the bee box you can se ethe relationship you have with them, how much money is in the box to collect, and how th ebee's are feeling from being calm to irritated to enraged
    -If your sim is a jerk (and usually in a angry mood) the bee's can be disturb which they do not like.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member

5. They did during the livestream, so I believe that they do.
    6. You can use different sources of water like pools, waterslides or kids pool. Using the hot outfit (new category in CAS) should also keep your Sims pretty cool.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited June 2018

1. Don't know yet.
    2. & 3 I haven't looked in Windenburg and I don't have Forgotten Hollow, but the Ice Skating & Roller Skating rinks are items that you find in the buy/build mode, so basically you can place them wherever you want to.
    4. I don't know I haven't tried it
    5. Yes, normally they do. My sims not only wear them outside, they also tend to keep them on inside.
    6. I just started spring, but I'm guessing hot weather clothes, pools....
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member

1. If you don't want Neighbor's decorating for a holiday you can turn the option off for them to do so in the calendar for the holiday. :)
    5. My sims and sims in the neighborhood would change into their cold attire when the weather was cold same for when it was hot and they changed into their warmer ones.
    6. I didn't place a theormostat in the house, so I haven't really noticed my Sims getting hot or cold in the house so I think they might only be affected when you place it in your home. Haven't played aorund with it enough to check.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    edited June 2018

I don't have the pack yet, but I'm guessing you can simply uncheck the deecoration option when creating/editing holidays in the calender (you know, where you can choose 'Spooky decorations' etc.). That way the neighbor won't decorate, but you can use these special boxes to decorate you own lot.

Edit: Ah, @LadyKyn, you were faster than me :grin:
  • Options
    xKay_luvxxKay_luvx Posts: 117 Member
    One thing I noticed was that electronics placed outside do not work in the rain. My stereo was outside by the pool and it stopped working when it rained. I didn't have the option to replace it, only repair it which sounded like a disaster waiting to happen haha.
    "Happiness can only exist in acceptance." -George Orwell
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Hi, I won't be buying the pack for a while still so I was hoping some of you with the pack could answer some questions for people like me without the pack.

1. What happens when you place traditionally inside furniture outside? Does it get covered with snow?
    2. If you have cc, does the cc get covered in snow?
    3. Which items are not covered in snow from. Different packs.
    4. Do pools have weather effects like raindrops?
    5. Do puddles disappear in 15 game minutes like in the videos that was released?
    6. How do seasons look like when they transition like from summer to fall and fall to winter, winter to summer.
    7. Do the very far backgrounds change at all?
    8. How do bees worked compared to those from sims 3?
    9. Has anyone seen the easter bunny? How does it work?

Feel free to ask you own questions about the pack and thanks to everyone willing to answer ^^

I'll answer what I can.

1; From what I've seen, yes. All of the furniture in the festivals in san myshuno like chairs etc were covered in snow.
    3; I haven't seen any items not covered in snow.
    5; They do dissappear pretty quickly, and I dislike it, but it's longer than 15 minutes.
    6; Beautiful imo! Last day of fall the leaves were all gone and all over the ground! Something I noticed is that leaf piles don't seem to go away automatically in the winter? I can understand MY lot not going away since it's my job to take care of it, but I shouldn't be in charge of the world. Maybe it's a glitch or a one time thing that happened. I remember sims 3 had a glitch for many where leaves on the ground never vanished, and it drove me absolutely insane, as does this one. Other than that they are absolutely stunning.
    7 omg yes! I was at san myshuno and the backgrounds were absolutely drop dead georgous, snowy mountains!
    8 the bee's can build relationships with you and actually take care of your garden automatically. Besides that you can collect them in your inventory every so often and send them to cheer you/others up, woo others, find you a gift, pollinate plants or attack others.
    9 I made it easter but I never saw the bunny. I didn't look too hard though. Father winter showed right up though.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

1 Yes. Neighbors only decorate their houses on a holiday. If you edit the appropriate holidays and change the decoration to "none" then they will not decorate, but you still can yourself manually.
    2; Food stands yes, not in the more country parts obviously, but when you get closer to the "city" part there are food stands, weather balloon buckets etc. Haven't seen a skating rink.
    3; Not that I've seen, and I am happy about this. Forgotten hollow is supposed to be a secluded gated neighborhood that creeps sims out.
    5 They change automatically when it's cold, not just winter.
    7 water!
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,428 Member
    The weather machine can be put in a basement. Makes for a good evil sim and their lair. I made it last moment so the basement is pretty much empty. The rays protrude from the ground. You can also see lightning effects from downstairs in the basement if theres a thunderstorm didn't get a picture of that sadly. 4P0wI1k.jpg8HvWU3f.jpg

• Options
    TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    The weather machine can be put in a basement. Makes for a good evil sim and their lair. I made it last moment so the basement is pretty much empty. The rays protrude from the ground. You can also see lightning effects from downstairs in the basement if theres a thunderstorm didn't get a picture of that sadly. 4P0wI1k.jpg8HvWU3f.jpg

it looks so ominous!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    xKay_luvx wrote: »
    One thing I noticed was that electronics placed outside do not work in the rain. My stereo was outside by the pool and it stopped working when it rained. I didn't have the option to replace it, only repair it which sounded like a disaster waiting to happen haha.

Just wait till you go to geekcon in the rain. Nothing works.
  • Options
    The Easter Bunny came and my sim talked to him. I think he gave her something too. You can befriend him, and even be flirty. (I created a Easter Holiday because there wasn't any).

hrih40.png
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    May I ask how build mode looks? I imagine it being a bit difficult to decorate the garden (for example) when everything is covered in snow.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Also, are the Easter Bunny and Father Winter normal NPCs you can edit?
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    Also, are the Easter Bunny and Father Winter normal NPCs you can edit?

Father Winter is in my "other households" category, but I haven't seen the Flower Bunny.

As for build mode, I did place a swing and a sprinkler in my garden easily, even with snow, but then I always use the bb.moveobjects cheat code.
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    In the livestream at 01:35:20 they said "Sims may take cover behind a tree" when they have a snowball fight. Has anyone actually seen this happening? I would really like to see a video of it because I haven't seen it anywhere yet.