March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So how do you feel about Seasons so far?

I downloaded it last night but was too tired to actually play it. Looking forward to try it tonight. I'm curious to know how you guys like it so far though! Are you enjoying it?

Comments

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I've only seen light rain in spring so far but it's Awesome!!!
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    it's a little buggy. I'm not too bothered by the bugs just yet but I'm sure after the novelty wears off I will be.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited June 2018
    I’m loving it so far! No problems on my end and all of my mods work great too which is a plus. I’m excited to throw my spooky party when I get off of work tomorrow. It’s gonna be a long day haha.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    it's a little buggy. I'm not too bothered by the bugs just yet but I'm sure after the novelty wears off I will be.

LOL can't say I didn't expect that. Hope it's nothing too serious though.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I got to play it for a few hours but I started out kind of tired. The rain in the jungle was great. Loved the running and splashing. Was pretty awesome to feel like you had to go inside to get out of the rain. It felt cozier indoors also. My poor sim was on vacation so not sure how to get him an umbrella for him there. His vacation was ending though when I closed it up. Tomorrow and possibly most of the weekend I'm going to jump into my current main save. I want to see the snow. I've tossed the "take it in gradually" approach out the window.
    egTcBMc.png
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Love! It!
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I’m quite enjoying it so far. I actually created a family specifically for this ep but after I downloaded I opted not to play them right now and start a new game instead. It was a good call, I’m getting to learn about gardening and flower arranging as my sim does. She’s having a hard time with the bees (they’re always angry) but I like the challenge there.

The swing set is really cute and fun to watch her on it, the worlds are beautiful with rain. I just went into fall before exiting the game for the night but excited to see what it looks like. I also tried out a custom summer holiday and it was a lot of fun.

I spent a ton of time dressing her for fall and picking out her cold outfits. Great boot choices, love the new hairstyles, love the coats and the new summer dresses. I do wish we would’ve got a bikini option and not just one pieces though.

Only downside so far is she is going through laundry like it’s going out of style and I have the wash-basin and clothesline which does become problematic if it rains. While waiting forever for those clothes to dry her other clothes pile up like crazy. I don’t want this house to have a washer/dryer because it’s off the grid, but I might have to delete the hamper for every season but summer.
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    The bugs are annoying me. But I love it so much. I've blown through Winter, Spring and now I'm in Summer.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I just started (it's morning now) and went straight into CAS to add the hot and cold outfits to my sims.
    Firstly I got to choose in wich season to start and I though that menu was beautiful!
    Once in CAS, I realised there isn't a lot of options for women for the winter nor for men for the summer. Also, that the new hat sit really oddly on their heads. Like they are too small for their heads.
    Maybe it depends on the hairstyles or maybe it's just me...
    f0bu9Yp.jpg
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 329 Member
    I love it. Its by far my favorite expansion. It adds so much more realisim to the game.
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    It’s 4:30 am for me... :# I’ve been playing since midnight and haven’t even seen any game play yet!

Created a family in CAS and currently working on building their house. But it was raining as soon as I loaded my save! It’s beautiful :)

I’m so impressed with build/buy. There isn’t a lot of build mode items, but what we did get is so versatile. Buy mode is incredible. I can’t believe how much we got! I particularly love all the extra decorations.

I’m not a fan of CAS in general, because I’m awful at it, but I felt a little guilty because I didn’t use a whole lot of the new stuff. It’s nice, but I found it was really only appropriate for my sims in the “outerwear” categories.

I’ve got to go to bed now or I might pass out on my laptop! I’m so excited to get into gameplay tomorrow :)
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Didn't do much, yet. Looked through the Build and CAS stuff, realized since my house basically has everything top of the line, I won't use anything, bought a bee coop for the rooftop garden and made a "parody version of Midsummer's Eve"
    (Which is today, IRL, btw!)
    Basically the holiday is everything that people THINK Swedes do:
    Get naked, dance around a fire, get drunk...

So my only experience with the gameplay so far is that boxing for hours in the rain makes you wet.

My big plans for this weekend is a roller skate place.

A few questions:
    1. What type of lot is best for the skating rinks? I am thinking of making a rooftop rollerskate rink in the big city. So Café, Restaurant, Bar, Nightclub, Park...?
    2. All the glass houses? I found the glass roofs, but are there glass walls? I din't see any?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I love it....but I think I may have picked the wrong world to play in for my first time. I chose Oasis Springs....and it actually reminds me of where I live (Arizona).....as the desert doesn't snow & it's not really cold. I'm excited to try out some new worlds and see how season affects it. But I'm loving the calendar & making my own holidays....decorating. & the CAS outfits are very nice as well. Overall I'm happy. I really love gardening as well. The changes they made has made gardening so much easier & a nice money maker.
  • xKay_luvxxKay_luvx Posts: 117 Member
    I could only play for an hour but I loved it. I started off in Brindleton Bay with my family in the summer. I adjusted my settings so my season will run for two weeks and I added a few of the build/buy items but not many. I kind of want to put in a basement to store the decorations for fall and winter and such. Did get to see it rain and thunderstorm and I love it so much! The rain sounds so soothing and the thunderstorm actually scared me at first lol. What made it even cooler is that it was the exact weather irl for me. A hot summer and it was raining and there were thunderstorms going on outside. Can't wait to play after work!
    "Happiness can only exist in acceptance." -George Orwell
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    I played it for a few hours last night, and had fun. I started in spring, so nothing too exciting so far... I did get to see one big thunderstorm, which gave one of my Sims a tense moodlet because she was so freaked out.

I did experience some bugginess. I started a fresh save for Seasons and imported a few of my families from my old one. When I moved two of them into Brindleton Bay there was some weirdness... The Delgatos and one of my other families kept showing up at the house on Dachshund's Creek lot and putting food in my fridge and using my bathroom. They also would not leave(the option to tell them to go was not there) and they would literally stand in my bathroom and do nothing. It happened a couple times before I tried playing as the offending families, which seemed to fix it. Not even sure if that was a Seasons-specific bug or not, or just something that cropped up because of me starting a new save.

Oh, and one of my Sim's children lost her character values when I moved her from her old save, and the character values cheat isn't working now... So that sucked.

Otherwise, I had fun! The only real Seasons-y things I did was give some gifts for Love Day, and maxed out Scouting on one of the kids(which only took like 3-4 days)
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    I am LOVE-ing it. Been playing for a couple of hours, definitely heavy on the gameplay for this pack in my opinion.

Bugs aside (only one I found was the event one. Holidays wok fine but the event one starts at odd times) I find this to add quite a lot of depth that has been sorely missed in this game. Weather is definitely a big game changer for sure. Definitely my top favorite pack of the expansions. A lot of things for sims of all ages to be able to do.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ZenAlchemistZenAlchemist Posts: 2 New Member
    I love it so far, except for thunder storms. The lightning is outrageous.

Every storm, I have to replace thousands of dollars worth of items that were struck by lightning outside. Outdoor lighting, tables with umbrellas attached, the tree with lanterns on it, plants, string lights, yoga mats, window flower boxes, benches, etc.

Bigger items and lights turn black like they would if they caught fire, allowing you to right click them to replace. Plants and rugs are trickier, since they turn to ash and you have to try and remember what you need to replace.
  • CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    I haven't had the chance to play much (as annoyingly, last night my baby decided to wake up every 10 minuets so I couldn't play it). The weather is visually beautiful and I like the subtle sound effects (like how it dims when you are inside the house). I also LOVE the new decorations. They're brilliant and very customisable. However, I would say that this seems to be where most of the Buy mode energy has gone as it feels like there are very few other items. Same with CAS - doesn't feel like there are a lot of new assets. I don't know if it's looking back with nostalgia that is making me misremember, but it feels like in the Sims, Sims 2 and Sims 3, we used to get more items with expansion packs. My game is a bit buggy - I can't schedule events (they all start straight away) and people walk around with umbrellas inside, which is quite annoying. They also wear their outerwear (cold clothes) inside too, which I'm not sure whether it's a bug or whether they're supposed to do that. Those are hampering my enjoyment a bit. It's strange to see guests come and sit down to eat holding an umbrella and wearing a rain mac. I also am getting so frustrated with the eternal musical chairs. I wish we could force sims and guests to sit down and eat at the same table at the same time - what's the point in a grand meal if they're all over the place? Even when I actively form a group, it seems never to work. I wish we could assign a table when we "call to meal" so people actually sit there together. On the whole, I'm enjoying it, bar a few niggling issues. I've never had too many bugs in my game, so to have them now, with the pack I have been actually excited to get my hands on, is annoying.
  • Charleigh667Charleigh667 Posts: 19 Member
    I haven't played too much, but I plan to play a lot over the weekend! So far I've had some fun with the new gardening, and also the bees and the flower arranging table. :)
  • zellybeaniezellybeanie Posts: 51 Member
    It makes my game so much moodier. Started in summer and had thunderstorms the first two days. From pets being tense to toddlers being sad that they couldn’t play outside, it’s a great dynamic.

Lighting looks great, effects look great, sim and pet reactions are great.

I wish there was an option for school off only holidays though, and I wish holidays that didn’t have traditions didn’t need to stay on the screen.

Water balloon fights have been clunky, like bowling used to be.

Love the gardening overhaul though. So much so I fired the gardener.
    My gameplay blog: http://zeedunsim.tumblr.com
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I love it and I haven't seen all the things but I love it so far. Best expansion for me!
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I only played it for an hour last night, but from what I've seen so far I am absolutely smitten by this pack. The scenery is stunning. The features Ive played with are so much fun and I have barely looked at anything! I've only played summer so far and I'm excited to explore more.

I'm confident to say this is one of the best packs. Maybe the best of them all? :blush:
    giphy.gif
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    So far, I'm impressed. The lighting due to different weather conditions really does have an impact and it looks great. I started with Winter in Granite Falls to get the full effect, which looks amazing might I add, especially during a blizzard. I found myself looking for more activities beyond building a snowman, or making a snow angel. Of course there's the snowball fight and perhaps it was a glitch but it was underwhelming. They didn't really interact very much and had to repeatedly resync the action. The Thunderstorm is captivating, I went to a lavish two story sushi restaurant and ate on the balcony while watching the rainfall..Beautiful!. I have yet to try the holidays.