Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So...is there ever a good time to call a vampire, or invite them over?

This has bugged me for a while. Usually when you call or invite people at night you get the "call back, I'm sleeping thing." For vampires, you get that during the day. Okay, makes sense. Except that you ALSO get that for them at night. Which...makes no sense.

Like, my vampire can't invite her vampire brothers and sisters over at night, or during the day, cause they're literally always "sleeping." I can summon them with cheats, and I've gotten around it somewhat using clubs, but this one just bugs me for some reason. What's hilarious is that sometimes when you go out during the day, vampires will be there anyway (usually cause of clubs. I really wish they'd fix it so NPC vampires don't show up for club meetings during the day cause they always die) and get burned to a crisp. So they'll go out to grab a drink by the pool at noon, not not come over to hang out at my place at midnight? Come on!

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2018
    There are a couple work around for this issue. There is a mod over at Mod The Sims that has a mod that will fix this (first check to see if it has been updated for this latest patch), and the other if you have Get Together, form a club and include those you want to invite over. I promise you that they will show up when you start up the club gathering. The cool thing about the club gatherings you can set it up any way you want.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    There are a couple work around for this issue. There is a mod over at Mod The Sims that has a mod that will fix this (first check to see if it has been updated for this latest patch), and the other if you have Get Together, form a club and include those you want to invite over. I promise you that they will show up when you start up the club gathering. The cool thing about the club gatherings you can set it up any way you want.

Yes, as I mentioned, I've used clubs for that. But sometimes I just want some one on one time, and forming a whole club seems silly and out of character. I'll check out the mod--do you happened to have a link?
    The one I was thinking is here, http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589269
    but apparently it needs to be updated.
  • simlover5521simlover5521 Posts: 17 Member
    Usually from 7-9 pm works for me but then my sims are up all night.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    It was supposed to have been fixed in a recent patch, but sadly they only fixed calling them to CHAT and not invite over. So they won't get upset if you call just to chat, clearly a bug.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • ZeizeinaZeizeina Posts: 17 Member
    Generally between 8 pm and 12 am.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    What I would do is simply take the vampire along with you when you're visiting another lot, so they'll always be there with you at whatever time of day it is. Yes there'll be a loading screen but you'll be having them with you for whatever you want.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    What I would do is simply take the vampire along with you when you're visiting another lot, so they'll always be there with you at whatever time of day it is. Yes there'll be a loading screen but you'll be having them with you for whatever you want.

Nah, that doesn't work, tried it a bunch of times, it always just says, "so and so is sleeping" and they don't show. The only way to get them somewhere is a date, and you can only schedule a date by phone if you have some pink in the bar already.
    edited July 2018
    One sure fire way is to make a club and put the vampire as a member that you want to show up. Works every time.
    FanPhoria wrote: »

Nah, that doesn't work, tried it a bunch of times, it always just says, "so and so is sleeping" and they don't show. The only way to get them somewhere is a date, and you can only schedule a date by phone if you have some pink in the bar already.

I think you misunderstood me @FanPhoria ; open up the map, click on a lot you want to go to, and a menu will popup that shows what sims that sim knows that you want to go to that lot with. Click on the vampire you wish to go to a lot with, and they will load with you to the lot. Works all the time no matter if they're supposed to be sleeping or working, it will drag them out of their work or sleep to be there.

I think you misunderstood me @FanPhoria ; open up the map, click on a lot you want to go to, and a menu will popup that shows what sims that sim knows that you want to go to that lot with. Click on the vampire you wish to go to a lot with, and they will load with you to the lot. Works all the time no matter if they're supposed to be sleeping or working, it will drag them out of their work or sleep to be there.

I did not misunderstand you, that is exactly what I've tried doing, multiple times. I know how to bring sims with me when travelling. It doesn't work when they are a vampire, unless the vampire is a part of your household. And it doesn't "drag sims out of school or work", I still get the notification that they can't make it if their "sleeping" or "busy" for regular sims as well.

I did not misunderstand you, that is exactly what I've tried doing, multiple times. I know how to bring sims with me when travelling. It doesn't work when they are a vampire, unless the vampire is a part of your household. And it doesn't "drag sims out of school or work", I still get the notification that they can't make it if their "sleeping" or "busy" for regular sims as well.

Maybe it only worked for restaurants then.

Maybe it only worked for restaurants then.

Ah, yes, that may be. I basically never bring vampires to restaurants, since the only thing they can really eat there is plasma janes and plasma fruit salads which don't fill them up much, plus a number of my vamp sims have withered stomachs so eating normal food and even plasma salads aren't a good option. If there were better food options for vampires that filled thirst I might put in a vamp themed restaurant, but till then I don't really bother. Not sure it'd be worth it for me to go there just to get a vamp out of their coffin, lol.
  • LunarKatriLunarKatri Posts: 15 Member
    I've had a similar issue, my sim invited a vampire out in the day and got the message 'Caleb is a vampire, he cannot go out in the day' so he phoned at night and got 'Caleb is sleeping'