Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things You’ve Discovered In Seasons

Comments

• SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    I discovered that I need a mod for the thermostat. Anyone got one?
    Having your bills go up by 200% is not realistic.
    Mine went up from 12 500 to 38 500 for one week, using "cold" setting during a summer week.

Yeah.. I can understand that. One time my bills went from 18000 to 129K. My poor sims had to go borrow a loan from their rich brother to pay that off. But now since I popped in fireplaces and they used that instead the bills went down to around 21K.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited July 2018
    Mine went up from 12 500 to 38 500 for one week, using "cold" setting during a summer week.

You could always ask on the mod request thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/867567/mod-request-thread/p1

You might not get a response, but worth a shot? Also, this modder makes lots of really useful small tuning mods: http://littlemssam.de/

I don't know if they take requests, but they might be willing to create something that'd work for you?
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

You could always ask on the mod request thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/867567/mod-request-thread/p1

You might not get a response, but worth a shot? Also, this modder makes lots of really useful small tuning mods: http://littlemssam.de/

I don't know if they take requests, but they might be willing to create something that'd work for you?

Thank you.
    As for the recommended modder: I love the Better Butler mod from there.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The weather can be forecasted as "mysterious" and you'll get something random.

Put it this way, I've yet to play in winter but I know what snowfall looks like in this game.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    usually on the mysterious days (shown with a yellow '?' on the calendar), my game has gone through multiple weather types that day, quite often including 'sunsnow' (snow with no clouds) and 'sunstorm' (rain with no clouds), even in the middle of summer. and occasionally a few hours of thunderstorm, but not always
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Sims can autonmously add gifts to the present pile. My sim had invited her daughter along with a friend over to have dinner and watch a movie. They had went outside to build a snowpal and her friend had decided to place a prank gift in the gifts. Wanna know what it was?
    QPav44E.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    i just killed an elder sim with a flower arrangement scented with a death flower :#
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Sharee wrote: »
    i just killed an elder sim with a flower arrangement scented with a death flower :#

:o
  • The_ExtraOrdinaryThe_ExtraOrdinary Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't own seasons yet so I came here to see what's new or different from the Sims 3 version. Came to find out they didn't add lounge chairs. I particularly liked that piece of furniture and thought it would have been nice to have for the summer season. Idk if that's just me though. I know I could just download a mod for it but I already have enough CAS mods...
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    usually on the mysterious days (shown with a yellow '?' on the calendar), my game has gone through multiple weather types that day, quite often including 'sunsnow' (snow with no clouds) and 'sunstorm' (rain with no clouds), even in the middle of summer. and occasionally a few hours of thunderstorm, but not always

Wasn't there a few clouds in the sky? In real life you just don't get rain,snow or lightning from clear air without any clouds.
  • huandluhuandlu Posts: 109 Member
    huandlu wrote: »

MC Command Centre has a setting where you can lower the total bill percentage (as in percentage of household funds), so it will increase when you have the thermostat on but you can set it to a much more realistic level ;)

Of course MC Command Centre also comes with many many more functions. Depends what you want in your game. In general I don’t like lots of mods so this is the one I stick to.

Thing is I like the base amount. I would love a mod that caps increase by thermostat at 100% (double base bill). Seems fair to me.

Fair enough :)
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    In San Myshuno ''sims'' in the background will hand umbrellas when it's raining!
    aPU9ilE.png
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited July 2018
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    QPav44E.png

My Sims hate the Future Cube too! I don't know why? I think its a cute gift :lol:

Edit: Woops I actually tried to quote a picture that was in your signature, my bad! But yeah, point still stands lol
    giphy.gif
  • lisken0221lisken0221 Posts: 116 Member
    sims can die of laughing when seeing father Christmas. Happened to my sim dad, while the kids were interacting with father Christmas
    and I wasn't paying any atten to dad I got the mesg that he was dying of laughter and sure enough he was holding his tummy bend over
    with mirth and then fell down. So there was Father Christmas and the reaper all at once. Well I didn't save this game.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member

My Sims hate the Future Cube too! I don't know why? I think its a cute gift :lol:

Edit: Woops I actually tried to quote a picture that was in your signature, my bad! But yeah, point still stands lol
    Mwaha, I tricked you~

Though it does look like it is. I should probably center it.

Even the sims themselves realize how useless the future cube is. NONE seems to like it. It's just an automatic bad gift even kids don't care for it.
    :<
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    The gnomes are merciless....they did not like coffee so my lil kiddlet got shocked and many things broke......evvvvvvilllllll!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Tixyen wrote: »
    The gnomes are merciless....they did not like coffee so my lil kiddlet got shocked and many things broke......evvvvvvilllllll!

Well then, if you can, get a sim to kick them. It may break many objects but it may give you money (1% chance for 1,000,000 simoleons!).
  • DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

Well then, if you can, get a sim to kick them. It may break many objects but it may give you money (1% chance for 1,000,000 simoleons!).

wow where did you find that out?
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member

I had 1 gnome that refused to accept an apology for the pie, my Sim offered. She had been shocked at least 30 times during the day trying. As it was late, holiday almost over I had her kick the gnome, this made all the other gnomes angry as well, everything in the room (kitchen) instantly broke.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I always give the gnomes toys - that's worked in five of six cases. The other one accepted my Sim's apology.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    DizzyDi34 wrote: »

wow where did you find that out?

From SimsVIP guide.
  • JayTheGingerHamsterJayTheGingerHamster Posts: 33 Member
    I am really looking forward to getting this pack!
  • slkatesslkates Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Cheekybits said:
    > There are 5 new club activities they are skating, fall activities, summer activities, spring activities and winter activities.

That flower arranging is not listed as a club activity. I am very sad about this.
    > @Cheekybits said:
    > There are 5 new club activities they are skating, fall activities, summer activities, spring activities and winter activities.

That flower arranging is not listed as a club activity. I am very sad about this.
    > @Cheekybits said: