Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The calendar is bugged: Can't schedule ahead

I've tried scheduling my sims' wedding ahead by one week with and without mods in my game and no luck. I even tried making it an ungoaled and goaled event and it still wants me to have it right away.

Comments

• Foxrox77Foxrox77 Posts: 17 Member
    The calendar is only available if you have Seasons installed, and Seasons hasn't been released yet. Without Seasons, you can't schedule events in advance.
    ~ Kitty
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2018
    Foxrox77 wrote: »
    The calendar is only available if you have Seasons installed, and Seasons hasn't been released yet. Without Seasons, you can't schedule events in advance.

Australia and New Zealand does have it already. (It's past 2 a.m. on Friday in parts of Australia)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    I've tried scheduling my sims' wedding ahead by one week with and without mods in my game and no luck. I even tried making it an ungoaled and goaled event and it still wants me to have it right away.

Did you *start* in the Calendar? I gather that's a trick - don't start on the phone.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member

Seasons is installed and playing on my computer already. The calendar is having issues. And I'm scheduling it through the calendar, not the phone.

• Foxrox77Foxrox77 Posts: 17 Member
    My bad then. It's only noon on the 21st here.
    ~ Kitty

Did you *start* in the Calendar? I gather that's a trick - don't start on the phone.

Yep, it goes through everything right, even letting me choose the time in advance. But when I get to the end it says an event is about to begin right away and then whisks my sims off to their wedding locale even after I choose for it to be the following Friday afternoon.

edited June 2018

Seasons is installed and playing on my computer already. The calendar is having issues. And I'm scheduling it through the calendar, not the phone.

No reports in EA Bugs of this yet. I wonder if deleting localthumbcache would help? Or maybe a Game Repair?

No reports in EA Bugs of this yet. I wonder if deleting localthumbcache would help? Or maybe a Game Repair?

I'll try that later tonight. Just trying to enjoy the game before I head off to work.
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    I am having this same issue, I exited the game and deleted the localthumbcache, and I can now schedule an event, but it places the event on a different day than what I chose. Repairing my game now to see if that works. Will report back.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Okay so I just made the Easter holiday set in advance and that worked no problem. But I’m not able to set events either. I tried a basic dinner party. You’re able to select your guests, location, and time but after pressing done it doesn’t actually appear on the calendar.

I have mods installed but you said you removed your mods and you still have the same issue. I don’t set events personally so this isn’t make or break for me. Maybe repair your game or tweet a Guru or something.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited June 2018
    I also confirm that the "scheduling events" feature is broken. I schedule the event for a few days in advance and it immediately starts it as soon as I leave the calendar just like it's always been since base game!
    Ok, after repairing my game it seems that I am now able to schedule events ahead of time, the only one that gives me issues is a dance party. When I schedule a dance party, it selects a different date than the one I selected. I’ve tweeted at SimGuruNick so hopefully they make note of it.
    Ok, after repairing my game it seems that I am now able to schedule events ahead of time, the only one that gives me issues is a dance party. When I schedule a dance party, it selects a different date than the one I selected. I’ve tweeted at SimGuruNick so hopefully they make note of it.

Were you scheduling ahead from a new game or a save you had before Seasons?
    alan650111 wrote: »

Were you scheduling ahead from a new game or a save you had before Seasons?

I was scheduling ahead from a save I had before seasons.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Same issue here! Only with events though. I'll quickly repair my game and delete that cache file and I'm sure we'll be good to go then xD
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2018
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Okay so I just made the Easter holiday set in advance and that worked no problem. But I’m not able to set events either. I tried a basic dinner party. You’re able to select your guests, location, and time but after pressing done it doesn’t actually appear on the calendar.

I have mods installed but you said you removed your mods and you still have the same issue. I don’t set events personally so this isn’t make or break for me. Maybe repair your game or tweet a Guru or something.

This is the issue I'm having and I discovered that events work fine if I start a new game. Even with all of my mods installed. Removing them didn't help and neither did repairing. I am not in the mood to start a new game.
    IceyJ wrote: »

This is the issue I'm having and I discovered that events work fine if I start a new game. Even with all of my mods installed. Removing them didn't help but I am not in the mood to start a new game.

Have you tried deleting localthumbcache and doing a Game Repair, for that older save?

This is the issue I'm having and I discovered that events work fine if I start a new game. Even with all of my mods installed. Removing them didn't help but I am not in the mood to start a new game.

Have you tried deleting localthumbcache and doing a Game Repair, for that older save?

I have deleted that cache and Game Repair for my save game and it still doesn't work! :(
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Yes, removed mods, repaired, deleted localthumbcache (although a repair deletes it automatically.) Switched households, etc. The only thing that seems to work is starting a new game. I can start a new game with or without mods and it works fine.
  • CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    edited June 2018
    I am having this same issue :( can't schedule events ahead of time. As soon as you choose a time and place (anywhere on the calendar - days in advance), it brings up a notification saying an event is about to start. Even if you cancel the event, it still takes the money as well. Very annoying - I had been really looking forward to this feature and was holding off on some birthdays and a wedding to plan them as future events. Holidays work fine.

Oh and I tried deleting the cache file and repairing game. I do play with mods (only MCCC), but I haven't tried removing it yet.
    I am very bummed that it doesn't seem to work for previously saved games. They need to fix this quickly! I have been playing the same save since September 2014 and am very attached to everyone in it and my family trees are splendidly intertwined just as I love them.
    Shoot. If you guys post on EA Bugs, include all the steps you've already taken.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    CAF84 wrote: »
    I am having this same issue :( can't schedule events ahead of time. As soon as you choose a time and place (anywhere on the calendar - days in advance), it brings up a notification saying an event is about to start. Even if you cancel the event, it still takes the money as well. Very annoying - I had been really looking forward to this feature and was holding off on some birthdays and a wedding to plan them as future events. Holidays work fine.

Oh and I tried deleting the cache file and repairing game. I do play with mods (only MCCC), but I haven't tried removing it yet.

Deleting cache file didn't work for me. Repairing I can't do until the game officially releases in my time zone or origin bugs out on me xD gr but yes this is the only bummer so far! Did anyone make a thread already on EA hq?
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    So I tried this on 3 different saves. One was new, one was my old one and the other was one I was currently testing for someone.

The new game and mine were fine, the other wasn't. I mainly saw the issue where it just chose a different day for the event than the one I had picked.

Puzzling
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial