Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch 6/19 gameplay issues

Comments

• VariableVariable Posts: 18 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > aws200 wrote: »
    >
    > Still will not let me place any lots in my game. I can place households just not lots.
    >
    > Try testing by starting a fresh new save and see if the issue occurs there also.

Same issue here. Vanilla install with every single extra content owned and installed, with saves and caches cleared, and no CC or script mods. Have already run a repair, and reinstall. (And reported properly.)
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yep its Cats and Dogs patch all over again! >.<
    https://i.imgur.com/EgJCftM.png
    Can.Not.Load.Any.Households.Can.Not.Place.Lots.Either.
    https://i.imgur.com/SPfrwVp.png
    Game Is Broken.
    @SimGuruNick hopefully sees these errors and can get things fixed. Its Friday so that ain't good if I cannot play the game I paid to play and paid $40 for the latest DLC and cannot play that either over the weekend or even over several weeks. Given the bug fix track record.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    edited June 2018
    aws200 wrote: »
    Yep its Cats and Dogs patch all over again! >.<
    https://i.imgur.com/EgJCftM.png
    Can.Not.Load.Any.Households.Can.Not.Place.Lots.Either.
    https://i.imgur.com/SPfrwVp.png
    Game Is Broken.
    @SimGuruNick hopefully sees these errors and can get things fixed. Its Friday so that ain't good if I cannot play the game I paid to play and paid $40 for the latest DLC and cannot play that either over the weekend or even over several weeks. Given the bug fix track record.

You may like to start a new thread on the AHQ EA site and post about the issue there
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Already did, got another error trying to start a new game. Since you have to go through CAS and create a household then place them and play them before you can do anything else. I got this: https://i.imgur.com/6smRtCQ.png
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Wondering if they intentionally removed the option for children to take photos of adults, even when they're in the family and vice versa...
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
    edited June 2018
    aws200 wrote: »
    Already did, got another error trying to start a new game. Since you have to go through CAS and create a household then place them and play them before you can do anything else. I got this: https://i.imgur.com/6smRtCQ.png

Other simmers who have the same issue can feedback there also.
  • itasan2itasan2 Posts: 31 Member
    Butlers rarely work and they're almost always just standing after the Seasons patch. They do their jobs only when the player sim assigns the jobs but again they're almost always just standing after finishing their assignments.
    itasan2 wrote: »
    Butlers rarely work and they're almost always just standing after the Seasons patch. They do their jobs only when the player sim assigns the jobs but again they're almost always just standing after finishing their assignments.

Hello
    Try firing the butler and hiring a new one, and see if that helps the issue.
  • zakahoyzakahoy Posts: 4 New Member
    help! i don't understand the forums and how they work so i clicked on one just because it said gameplay issues but!!! i need help. i haven't opened my game yet to check if it works now but i've been updating my game and repairing it again (? random updates???) and before doing so, i kept getting an error code that began with 403: (etc) and it refuses to let me save. i did a save as for my game (rebuilding everything) and i could save ONE lot and then after accessing any other or joining on households made already, it refuses to save. i have no problem deleting my entire save since i have all of what i needed added to my gallery, but i just want this fixed so badly. i updated ALL cc, deleted ones that have yet to get an update and i'm so frustrated.
    zakahoy wrote: »
    help! i don't understand the forums and how they work so i clicked on one just because it said gameplay issues but!!! i need help. i haven't opened my game yet to check if it works now but i've been updating my game and repairing it again (? random updates???) and before doing so, i kept getting an error code that began with 403: (etc) and it refuses to let me save. i did a save as for my game (rebuilding everything) and i could save ONE lot and then after accessing any other or joining on households made already, it refuses to save. i have no problem deleting my entire save since i have all of what i needed added to my gallery, but i just want this fixed so badly. i updated ALL cc, deleted ones that have yet to get an update and i'm so frustrated.

Hello @zakahoy
    Try testing to see if you can save your game now. If you are still unable to save it, try having your sims travel to another lot or go to manage worlds and see if the game can be saved there. Also try testing in a new save game and see if you can save the game there.
  • itasan2itasan2 Posts: 31 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    I did what you said but the issue occurred again. Every time I rehire a new butler, he just stands at his spawn point until the player assigns his job. Otherwise he ignores the player's family and he sometimes talks with passer-by around the the spawn point. I think the butler's autonomy is weird after the Seasons patch.
    edited June 2018

Hello
    I did what you said but the issue occurred again. Every time I rehire a new butler, he just stands at his spawn point until the player assigns his job. Otherwise he ignores the player's family and he sometimes talks with passer-by around the the spawn point. I think the butler's autonomy is weird after the Seasons patch.

Try seeing if repairing the game may help with the issue.
    it gave me the error code 403:8717c2e9:5dee830b
    it gave me the error code 403:8717c2e9:5dee830b

Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game,play for a little while, then test to see if you then save the game in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I'm not sure if this is due to high volumes of people playing/servers, but I 've noticed on the gallery if I'm trying to upload a sim or lot sometimes it "freezes" when uploading (green flower) and I have to exit my game. Other times it does as normal.

I've also noticed slightly longer loading times/lag when starting up. These issues started after installing seasons. I have taken my mods out and this still happens.

Thanks!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
    > @rosemow said:
    > zakahoy wrote: »
    >
    > it gave me the error code 403:8717c2e9:5dee830b
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    > Start a new game,play for a little while, then test to see if you then save the game in that new save game.
    > Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

i ended up learning that it works when i take all my cc out, and now im putting only updated cc to see if that changes anything, if it's just the folder itself or something i'll do what you said and get back to you
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    Ugh, what a total mess!!! Has there ever been this much reported issues with a fix/release of a game. My coloring on my game is awful, I've addressed it over at headquarters or whatever, but no answer on how to fix it.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    > Start a new game,play for a little while, then test to see if you then save the game in that new save game.
    > Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

it works!!! it was all my broken cc that i thought worked, thesimsvip was a great place for me to find working mods but some cc on there needs to be updated as broken again
  • RaeElleRaeElle Posts: 24 Member
    I'm having a problem with toddlers. When my sim puts a toddler in a high chair to eat during a thunderstorm, my toddler wants to 'run inside' even though they are already inside. This leads to my sim removing my toddler from the high chair and I have to direct the toddler to eat and the whole situation repeats...my toddlers are going to starve! :(
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    Hi, I have another issue today. I got some emotion fruits from Selvadorada and had them to my sims but the emotion get never changed.

Hello
    This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-JA-Mood-doesn-t-change-with-emotion-berries/m-p/6875021#M63754
    Thank you.:)

• JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited June 2018
    I enjoy triple speed playing while my sims are doing some long work. But after finishing the triple speed, my game is getting lagging. My computer spec is high enough to play the sims 3 and 4. Are there other simmers have my issue? It started to lag after recent patch update.

Also I had some rocks outside my house in New Crest but now NO Rocks are spawned at all. It has been around a week that I haven't seen them in New Crest. Of course, no rocks spawn in Oasis Springs Park and Forgotten Grotto. I gave up curator aspiration for now. I had a few rocks after this patch, I dig all of them, then no spawn from next day.
  • psusenaspsusenas Posts: 5 New Member
    I experienced this bug
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Not 100% certain if this has just been since the Seasons patch (I think it has, though), but my fast forward speed 3 is barely working again. It appears to speed up the time, but then when I press play very little time has actually passed. Repairing my game right now to see if that helps.
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    I have also noticed a few of the above issues. I hired a maid but they only come when my sim sim is home, her only weekday off is Wednesday and that is the only day they show. I have also tried a butler and had same problem as above poster, they do nothing at all unless instructed.

I have also found an issue with The Landlord whisper stereo, when it breaks its permanent. Have tried repair, having a sim with an instant repair and hiring a repair person. Have even repaired the game but there is no way way to repair this stereo. I have no cc or mods.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

it works!!! it was all my broken cc that i thought worked, thesimsvip was a great place for me to find working mods but some cc on there needs to be updated as broken again

It is good that you have found the cause of your issues.