Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to patch, repair or play :'(

Comments

• Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Did the uninstall and reinstall. Origin is back but the oddest thing is that all the images in my game library are blank. I can tell they are still there somehow because the Sims demo slot is still there (just shows demo). I'm convinced it's an Origin download overload so will sit it out for a bit.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Helll
    Try checking to make sure that the Sims 4 folder and game files are still in Program Files section on your computer.

If you have One Drive, check to make sure that the Sims 4 program files haven’t installed there instead.
  • Options
    misspopthingmisspopthing Posts: 190 Member
    I even tried to install a different game from origin and it won't even let me do that. I'm pretty sure that when origin updated the other day it screwed something up.
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    @rosemow, my file is in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I even tried to install a different game from origin and it won't even let me do that. I'm pretty sure that when origin updated the other day it screwed something up.

@misspopthing I can't load any of my other Origin games either.

Edit: Actually, after testing it is just Sims 2 and Sims 4 that won't work. Sims 3 and two other games I have do work.
  • Options
    Hi, My Origin and Origin games folders are in the program files area on my computer. I checked One Drive and the program files for the Sims didn't go there.
  • Options

@kerryemmiebeth I am about to try and install an older version of Origin to see if it will work.
  • Options

It sounds like there is an issue with Origin
    You may be best to start a new thread on the Origin section of AHQ EA site and post about your issues there
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/O-2
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you. I will.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    When I click on the blank squares I can see how long I played and when I last played. I can change settings in Origin (had gotten rid of of all the friend notifications signing in and out etc. and just reset these as the new install put them back). It's maddening because I can't play, anything!
  • Options
    pkinitasimspkinitasims Posts: 80 Member
    Anyone's game stops working when using the speed functions? My game has stopped working twice now, it doesn't respond and doesn't let me force shut it down :( (I haven't got any mods)

This didn't happen before the update btw
  • Options
    Anyone's game stops working when using the speed functions? My game has stopped working twice now, it doesn't respond and doesn't let me force shut it down :( (I haven't got any mods)

This didn't happen before the update btw

Hello @pkinitasims
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • Options
    @rosemow

I've done that after it crashed the first time but it still does it
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @rosemow

I've done that after it crashed the first time but it still does it

Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > pkinitasims wrote: »
    >
    > @rosemow
    >
    > I've done that after it crashed the first time but it still does it
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    > Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    > Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

I'll try to do that thank you!
  • Options
    Vickia98Vickia98 Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm having the same problem, I was gonna try out the new patch for the sims 4 so I opened Origin and updated it and then I got the "Folder does not exist" message when I tried to update the sims 4. I've tried restarting my computer and I've tried uninstalling Origin and installing it again but it doesn't work.
  • Options
    Vickia98 wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem, I was gonna try out the new patch for the sims 4 so I opened Origin and updated it and then I got the "Folder does not exist" message when I tried to update the sims 4. I've tried restarting my computer and I've tried uninstalling Origin and installing it again but it doesn't work.

Hello @Vickia98
    Are you able to play other origin games?
  • Options
    Here's an odd thing. I had a sims 3 icon on my desktop so I clicked on it and the game loaded and I could play it just fine. I saved and exited and when I clicked on the blank game box in Origin that I figured out is for Sims 3 it shows that I just played it today! But with Sims 4 when I click on the desktop icon it says the folder is missing.
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    I was finally able to get it fixed, thanks to help from Crinrict over on Twitter. When the message of "folder does not exist" pops up, I clicked on choose new folder. I basically chose the same path C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4 After that I closed Origin and re-opened and was able to update the game. I opened it up to make sure it took, and the new glass roofs are there! I guess for some of us Origin went a little wonky with the last update! Hope this can help out a fellow simmer!!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    Tiki5872 wrote: »
    I was finally able to get it fixed, thanks to help from Crinrict over on Twitter. When the message of "folder does not exist" pops up, I clicked on choose new folder. I basically chose the same path C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4 After that I closed Origin and re-opened and was able to update the game. I opened it up to make sure it took, and the new glass roofs are there! I guess for some of us Origin went a little wonky with the last update! Hope this can help out a fellow simmer!!

Hello
    I am glad that the issue is now fixed for you :) Thankyou for posting how you were able to fix the issue :)
  • Options
    @Tiki5872 I tried this tip but it didn't work for me, perhaps because I had uninstalled and reinstalled Origin? My Icon won't access the game anymore now.
  • Options
    @kerryemmiebeth
    I was able to install an old version of Origin and it is finally letting me update my game.
    Here is the link to the Origin version that I downloaded if you want to try it yourself:
    https://origin.en.uptodown.com/windows/download
  • Options
    VeronicaHerndonVeronicaHerndon Posts: 63 Member
    I am having a problem getting the skill cheats to work can some one please help me
  • Options
    I tried to click on "reload game library" in Origin and it seems to have fixed the issue. But I had a scare as got a message headed by Epilepsy warming. I had to allow something and it's downloading the update now and my game library is back, though I had to reset my favorites.
  • Options
    > @VeronicaHerndon said:
    > I am having a problem getting the skill cheats to work can some one please help me

From what I've read they don't work with the new update