Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Duller Grass with Seasons Patch [Solved-ish]

the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
edited June 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
So I'm having an issue with how the grass is looking in my game after having updated it today. The photo below shows what this lot used to look like before the update:

X9dQGw2.png

And now, it looks like this:

rSnso1o.png

I think it's some sort of error, because it really looks dull and ugly.

UPDATE
Ok so, I reloaded my game, and the grass does look slightly better (I hadn't done anything to my game though in-between sessions), but it somehow still doesn't look quite right. The grass just isn't as vibrant as it once was :(
yCIND2q.png

If anyone else is having the same issue, here's a link to a Bugs Report thread.
Post edited by the_greenplumbob on

Comments

• rhysbarrett8rhysbarrett8 Posts: 100 Member
    That looks like a glitch imo, im updating rn so idk
    Mine is duller but not as dull as yours
    did you remove your mods folder when downloading the update?
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Maybe the spring color is default now?
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Mods and custom content are not a patches best friend. Also there are times when a patch will break something when fixing other things.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Do you have any kind of terrain replacement mods?
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    I had 2 mods, but neither of them were terrain paints (teen careers for all ages / voidcritter packs) and I removed them during the update, so that shouldn’t have affected it.
    i have slightly dull grass and i forgot to remove my mods during the update
    edited June 2018
    i also updated the sims 4 before i updated origin
    I've checked with a new save and the grass doesn't seem as bad now, so I don't know what happened in my original save

t5XVcxT.png
    I've checked with a new save and the grass doesn't seem as bad now, so I don't know what happened in my original save

t5XVcxT.png

thats exactly how it looks in my game
    yCIND2q.png

My original save seems to have fixed itself? I don't know what has happened, but it's fine now :joy:
    edited June 2018
    yCIND2q.png

My original save seems to have fixed itself? I don't know what has happened, but it's fine now :joy:

i think that grass is still duller than in the og game, heres a pic of the same neighborhood pre update by comparison Screen-Shot-2014-05-28-at-15.15.34-950x534.png
    yCIND2q.png

i think that grass is still duller than in the og game, heres a pic of the same neighborhood pre update by comparison Screen-Shot-2014-05-28-at-15.15.34-950x534.png

I think it might be slightly duller, it's hard to tell.

That photo though was in a trailer so they might have 'livened it up' a bit to make it look better
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I imagine the updates to the worlds for Seasons were included in the patch? I'm guessing the grass looks brighter during summer or something if you have Seasons? Or maybe it looks different based on which world you're in?
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Joe26Joe26 Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm experiencing the same issue, its the same in all worlds. Tried making a new save and it affects that just the same. Surely it isn't purposely in the patch as people who don't intend to buy seasons will now be stuck with dull grass.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    For everyone in this thread that has the issue, could you please provide the following information

- What's your graphics card ?
    - Are you using laptop mode ?
    - What graphics settings is your game on ?

Thanks.

You can also me too and post at this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Duller-Grass-with-Seasons-Patch/td-p/6871960
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

crinrict wrote: »
    For everyone in this thread that has the issue, could you please provide the following information

Thanks.

You can also me too and post at this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Duller-Grass-with-Seasons-Patch/td-p/6871960

Graphics Card - Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB
    Laptop Mode - No
    Graphics Setting - Medium
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited June 2018
    I got something like this when I updated with the Patch. I opened the game in Bridlington Bay and the grass was dull and most of my trees were gone, very bare. I exited without saving, signed off, exited Origin (I had got a very small Origin update last night), started Origin up and logged on again, Repaired the whole game. [all packs], then updated again. Then tried again and started a new game. The game now works correctly in all saves and worlds.

That Origin update yesterday was something to do with their Origin Access problems, maybe that may be a factor?

I must have been one of the first to download the Patch and it did seem a bit hesitant somehow.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    It looks the same in my game, I just noticed it.
    It looks cool though! :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    It's duller in my game too. I really like it though.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • eplumbobonyeplumbobony Posts: 2 New Member
    I had my sims at Newcrest at night and I thought the grass looked dull but I thought it’s probably just from the darkness and street light but then a couple minutes after I got my sims back home (day again) I noticed it :/
  • eplumbobonyeplumbobony Posts: 2 New Member
    I don’t have mods
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited June 2018

Thanks.

Laptop Mode - No

Maybe it's making allowances for your integrated graphics card. You really need a dedicated card for the latest packs.

"Performance
    Depending on the specific CPU, the maximum GPU frequency varies between 950 and 1000 MHz. Due to the low TDP, however, the average clock in 3D applications will be significantly lower. Overall, the HD Graphics 6000 outperforms the previous HD 5000 by 20 - 25 percent and offers a performance slightly below a dedicated GeForce 820M.
    Games as of 2014/2015 will usually run fluently only at (very) low settings."
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-6000.125588.0.html
    Simburian wrote: »

Thanks.

Laptop Mode - No

Maybe it's making allowances for your integrated graphics card. You really need a dedicated card for the latest packs.

"Performance
    Depending on the specific CPU, the maximum GPU frequency varies between 950 and 1000 MHz. Due to the low TDP, however, the average clock in 3D applications will be significantly lower. Overall, the HD Graphics 6000 outperforms the previous HD 5000 by 20 - 25 percent and offers a performance slightly below a dedicated GeForce 820M.
    Games as of 2014/2015 will usually run fluently only at (very) low settings."
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-6000.125588.0.html

I’m not sure if that would be the case though, because it was only the update that affected it. It was working fine before that

Besides, the grass in my game is fine now (I realise some of my photos aren’t available at the moment because I deleted them from imgur by mistake) but now it doesn’t appear as dull.

But simgurunick(?) has also tweeted to say that he’s aware of this issue, plus others, since the update