Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Terrain Bordering Retaining Walls

I'm having an issue in CAW using retaining walls which border up against water. When I try to level the terrain so that all you can see outside is the wall, then I'm left with holes on the inside of the wall. And if I smooth that out, the terrain shows up on the outside again. It's maddening. I must be doing something wrong. Any advice would be appreciated. I thought about adding plants on the inside to disguise it, and non-routing paint to keep sims away, but I might be asking for trouble. My other thought is since the walls are "invisible" from the inside ... is it actually okay, but I'm seeing a hole in CAW?

vbLZLLT.jpg

vmczfua.jpg

xEfwRnl.jpg

Q0MFD0h.jpg

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hi :)

Use the Masking tool- first flatten the whole area Then put the masking paint down (there's a Square option) over the area you want to keep at that height/level. Once it's done you can lower the land around it. :)

IrOWIA7.jpg

*There's a Clear option and an Invert option. Can be handy to invert the paint.
    Also, the masking paint will disappear if you leave the terrain tool.
  • CandySims14CandySims14 Posts: 475 Member
    *Mind blown* :D Seriously, this is my 2nd world, how did I make it through without knowing this? I am so thrilled ... I was ready to bulldoze it and go in a different direction. I just tested it out and it works perfectly. Thank you @rflong7 ! Yummy cookies for you! :D

RPINLAm.jpg
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    You're welcome and Thanks! Love me some Cookies. :mrgreen: