Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Adopted" sisters

Six weeks ago, I bought the Parenthood GP and I love it! After playing with it almost every day, I thought I had discovered every feature but I was wrong. Yesterday I found out Something that makes me love it even more.

In my Parenthood save, I created a family and was planning to play it like a sort of legacy (at least for 10 generations). But sometimes I got bored of them (especially when the triplets were toddlers and then when they went through phases after aging up to kids). In those moments, I played with another household for one to three Simdays. I started playing with Don Lothario and his wife. They had three children (one child boy and two toddler girls). I created a club for Don, made him woohoo a bunch of women and get a divorce. But since he spent more time with the ladies than with his own daughters, social services came for them. Thanks to mccc, they were adopted by the Delgato family.

Later I played one day with the Delgatos in order to work on Evie's skills (because she was the girlfriend of one of my Sims). I noticed that Don's daughters were still listed as his in the family tree (to prevent immoral relationships I guess). Evie's friendship bar with both of her adopted sisters was quite high but I was a little disappointed they were not officially sisters...

Now a couple Simweeks later, Evie and her boyfriend aged up to young adults and moved in together. As I was playing with them, I saw her thinking about family members a few times. First her brother, then her mother, and then both of her adopted sisters! I didn't understand what was happening since the game did not recognize them neither as biological sisters nor as adopted ones. But when I checked in Evie's relationship panel, they had a new relationship status "childhood buds".

So when a child (whoever he is) grows up with others, they get a sibling relationship. I find that absolutely amazing! I am so happy that Evie considers the two little girls to be her sisters!
I think I am going to recreate that kind of situation one more time to make sure it really is a thing.

Sorry for the long text but I just found it really cool and I wanted to share that with all of you!
Happy simming!
Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    That's so sweet! Adding it to my list of things to make happen :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    I have seen that effect, too. I had a child whose parents died so he had to live with parents' friends who adopted him as care dependent. They also had a son. When the child grew up, he had the special parent relationship with the caregivers and special sibling relationship with their son.
    I love this pack. It's so well done.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,849 Member
    Ah that's so sweet, I really love parenthood.

35440639061_21cce74a44_b.jpg
    35570870515_3dcd43d670_b.jpg
    35440637761_a2e0af4a46_b.jpg

I thought these relationships were precious as the story was that while their mother barely had time for him he grew close to his nanny, though she married his brother. He had a perfect spot in his family, I don't think the family exists anymore but I'd love to play them again if I found them buried on my gallery somewhere.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png