Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Got a new laptop and... WOW!!!

Bhawkins0402Bhawkins0402 Posts: 75 Member
So when the Sims 4 first came out, I purchased a new laptop that met the reqs for the game at the time. Needless to say, several years later that laptop was just barely making it, and DEF wasn't gonna meet the minimum required specs for Seasons (which I HAVE to have). So I finally shelled out to buy a Lenovo gaming laptop in anticipation of Seasons this Friday, and holy macaroni the difference is crazy!!! I had no idea what I was missing! The reflection in the mirrors, the shade at different times of day. I mean I always knew it would be a little better, but this is spectacular! Now I'm even more excited for Seasons to really get to take advantage and see it in all its glory! :D

Anyone else purchased a new computer and was amazed by the difference they saw??

Comments

• pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I got a new computer just before I bought Sims 4, so I haven't experienced the switch there, but prior to that I had been playing Sims 3 on a laptop. So when I played TS3 on my computer for the first time, I was amazed to be able to turn on mirror reflections, and not have to deal with so much of the lag and worries about crashing. Overall, it was just nice to be able to see the game as it was meant to be. Not that I hadn't had plenty of fun before, even playing on the lowest settings!
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Same dude
    Bought a new computer after sims 4 ran really bad on my old laptop.
    I install on my new PC and turn up the Graphics...
    WIG SNATCHED!!
    It runs so smoothly and looks so gorgous.
    I am prolly gonna buy a new graphic card and quad core processor though to make it run even better.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Congrats on your new computer. I had a fire in my home (my other desktop caught fire) and I got a new computer. This one has great specs. I did not notice a difference as my old computer had great specs also. Sims 3 ran like a train wreck and this one has been working really great for me since day one. Gotta love that about the game.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    No but I play on a Mac, I had every setting on "low", I changed some to "medium" and wow it makes a nice difference ! I can see through the windows to begin with. Now I don't wanna push it too much, I don't think I can afford to have them on "high" on a mac anyway.
  • CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    Welcome to the Sims 4 Ultra club! I'll say it again, this game is like functional concept art!
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I bought an MSI Apache Pro in December and it's the 1st time I've exceeded recommended specs for the sims. It's so beautiful and I love having the lighting on ultra. :love:
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    Back in the day (like almost three years ago) I went from low-medium to ultra, it was truly amazing. :)
    I should probably upgrade my pc again...
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yea I bought a new Mac and installed bootcamp and then starting running Sims 4 on the Windows side. It’s really night and day! Everything runs way smoother on the Windows side than the Mac. Things load faster. Idk why that is but it’s definitely noticeable. I keep the graphics on the highest settings too, I use CC and there’s practically no lag.
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    nope. but i tried running sims 4 on my old laptop and it was a disaster.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Yeah. I remember the days of me playing on laptop mode. XD There were no shadows.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    Still have to wait to enjoy this experience unfortunately :tired_face:
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited June 2018
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I bought an MSI Apache Pro in December and it's the 1st time I've exceeded recommended specs for the sims. It's so beautiful and I love having the lighting on ultra. :love:

PHEONIX

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Model: System Product Name
    BIOS: 0906 (type: UEFI)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz
    Memory: 32768MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 32692MB RAM
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device (POST)
    Display Memory: 27473 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 11127 MB
    Shared Memory: 16346 MB
    Dnce = 270.000000
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: ASUS VS247
    Monitor Id: ACI249A
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
    Output Type: DVI

I love the way the sims 4 plays on this. I had the same specs and sims 3 was the pits,.
  • SteveTheSimmerSteveTheSimmer Posts: 49 Member
    When 4 launched I had to play on laptop mode on my desktop! I upgraded my graphics card about a year later and I remember how blown away I was seeing the game running maxed out on ultra. Its a good feeling
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    yay :) Happy for you.

I've had two custom gaming desktops since 2015. Before that, it was budget HP & eMachine desktops. So I've gotten used to playing w/ Ultra settings no matter the game but it is very nice and I do feel grateful.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited June 2018
    I built a desktop after ten months of playing on my old laptop. I think I was used to medium settings and then had the chance to try ultra. I was amazed.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    No. This gaming rig is still pretty new. It's a DDR3 and plays great. My parents lived through the Great Depression, (yes, I'm that old) and I'm not chasing after the new and shiny, until this one dies. Then I'll evaluate what I need and get yet another gaming rig. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    So when the Sims 4 first came out, I purchased a new laptop that met the reqs for the game at the time. Needless to say, several years later that laptop was just barely making it, and DEF wasn't gonna meet the minimum required specs for Seasons (which I HAVE to have). So I finally shelled out to buy a Lenovo gaming laptop in anticipation of Seasons this Friday, and holy macaroni the difference is crazy!!! I had no idea what I was missing! The reflection in the mirrors, the shade at different times of day. I mean I always knew it would be a little better, but this is spectacular! Now I'm even more excited for Seasons to really get to take advantage and see it in all its glory! :D

Anyone else purchased a new computer and was amazed by the difference they saw??

I didn't buy a new computer (yet) because mine is good but I hadn't realized that somehow all the specs were on low settings and then when I figured that out and put them up to high? I was AMAZED! Everything looked so much more beautiful!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Angela_4588Angela_4588 Posts: 246 Member
    I just bought a Lenovo gaming laptop also!! I haven't played live mode yet because I have been busy adding families and community lots since I lost all my saves and it's a huge difference in graphics!! I was able to play on medium before with lagging I'm excited to play in live mode tonight hopefully it's Just as smooth and beautiful!
    Gallery Username : XInspiredAngelX