Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buildings won't load

There's a problem in my Sims 4 game, whenever I visit a building, the building won't load or show up on the screen at all so my sims just stand in place and become idle but the sims at least show up - it's the buildings that won't load.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated, thank you!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

If you still have issues, try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a fresh new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game also.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • jennyhyunjennyhyun Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hi rosemow,

I never put any mods or anything in the game before, everything in the game I purchased from the EA/Origin store. I tried repairing it on Origin but the problem stayed the same. I don't want to have to delete everything without a guarantee that doing that will fix the game.

I am still having the same problem so if anybody has other advice or suggestions I would be grateful!
    Thank you!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    jennyhyun wrote: »
    Hi rosemow,

I never put any mods or anything in the game before, everything in the game I purchased from the EA/Origin store. I tried repairing it on Origin but the problem stayed the same. I don't want to have to delete everything without a guarantee that doing that will fix the game.

I am still having the same problem so if anybody has other advice or suggestions I would be grateful!
    Thank you!

Resetting the game doesn’t delete anything from the game, as you are putting back your old saves folder ( with your save game files ) and old tray folder ( with the items that you have saved to your library ) after testing.

Try starting a fresh new save game and test to see if the issue occurs in that new save game.

Do you have much free hard drive space on the drive where The Sims 4 is installed?

You can also post feedback on this AHQ EA thread about the issue, and answer the questions that have been asked in the first post.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/INFO-REQUEST-Houses-Lots-disappear/m-p/4620279#M47292