Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How is the Sims 4 going for everyone (Performance wise)

2...Next

Comments

• hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    I only play on a laptop and it's by no means a gaming laptop. I have all EP's, Parenthood and 2 stuff packs. The only time I really have any trouble is trying to live in apartments in CL. That's when I get lag other than that I don't have an issue. 4 gen family, plenty of CC and saves.
  • SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    With 7.33gigs of CC (Yikes I need to stop! and to think most of it is Maxis Match.. :D ) and all packs. My game runs really smooth. I have windows 7 64bit. 16gigs of ram and just a GTX 960 4gb.

I even use a mod that allows you to invite up to 200 party guest. So sometimes I have 13 sims over plus my household. The only thing i've really noticed is sometimes the sims would get stuck doing a animation but when i open the save menu and save. it snaps them back into motion. This hardly happens though.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Loading time is long and I get occasional lag. Any suggestions?
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I loaded up my game from about 2 years ago so I can get it ready for Seasons. My main issue is that my sims will randomly stop moving until I save or exit the game. It happens pretty consistently now, especially with families that are larger than 4. It's probably why I stopped playing with this save in the first place, but I love these sims and I want to see them grow (especially now that I figured out how parenting works...lol).

I have a more than capable computer that plays every other game on max settings with no lag. And I only have bunk beds as CC. But it does that with or without the CC.
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member

Thank you very much for the insight! Its all very helpful!
    Nice to know up to now with every single pack that it is possible to run it well!

welp sims 4 is a very smooth game, so its only normal that it flows so well, it wouldnt make sense butchering the open world if the game still had lag right? xd
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018
    My game has been struggling a bit, because although I have an Intel i7, 3.4 GHz processor and 16GB ram, I have only a GTX 770 and it’s really starting to show it’s age. My computer has been crashing and overheating a lot while playing so I think it’s time for an upgrade unfortunately

Are you sure the 770 is the problem though? Cause afaik that one's actually more performant than both the 1050 and the 1050ti (slower than the 1060 though but if a 1050ti is more than fine for TS4, the 770 should be too), albeit less energy-efficient so maybe it's that, don't know. Just out of curiosity, when is the last time you cleaned out your fans? :D I'm just wondering because the heating problem may have nothing to do with the GPU (unless of course you tested this and know it's the GPU). Also, what i7 is that?
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited June 2018
    I have a desktop I run
    Machine name: PHEONIX
    Brand MSI
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz
    Memory: 32768MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 32692MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    I basically have about 2 TB of memory and an external hard drive.
    Game plays great on my computer except when cc is not compatible and when Origin messes up.
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    I feel like a noob asking this, but how exactly can l see my computer settings? My game has always ran smooth, so l never really bothered to check. But now that Seasons is coming out, l want to make sure my computer can handle can handle it. I have a Macbook Air, early 2015 version. B)
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    I have only a couple of EPs and Gamepacks, no CC or Mods, and a high-end gaming computer. The game has been getting steadily worse. The loading screens are painfully long (knew this would happen) and if one of my Sims needs to be reset it will "hang" the entire game and I have to exit and re-enter the world to fix it. This happens about every 30 minutes or so now. Truly frustrating. I really want Seasons but I'm afraid of what it will do to my game performance.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,582 Member
    It's poopy. Thanks for asking.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Runs well for me now that I changed everything in the graphicsrules file by hand. It looks as if everything still is at max settings but I changed so much about the presets that I felt was overkill. If I run at max preset without the changes I get loads of stuttering and it is a mess but with my edit it is smooth and runs locked 60. I have i7 4770k, 16 GB RAM and a 980 ti. Should be enough but nope xD
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I have two systems now

Desktop with a GTX 1060, an i7-7700k & 16 GB RAM & a laptop with also a GTX 1060, i7-7700HQ & 8GB RAM.

Runs very well on both systems. Yes times 3 speed isn't always perfect, but given that it was for a while, my guess is that the issue is partially back and not so much due to the system as to the optimization of the game itself. But overall, with all packs installed, it's a very smooth experience. If you're looking at buying a new system, I can defintely recommend these specs for TS4 :)

Just on this note, been playing on the laptop now for a few day to test drive. And although the game runs extremely well on it, I nearly forgot how ridiculously smooth a system running on an i7-7700k, 750 EVO & 16GB of RAM is lol. I love my desktop, I really do <3<3
    Post edited by SimTrippy on
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I don't have a gaming laptop but my default settings are in medium which seems to be a smooth gameplay but however the ultraspeed 3 is not very accurate during gameplay especially in apartments!
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    I have The Sims 4 on two computers, that being my desktop PC and my laptop. The results are different to say the least.

Desktop PC:
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 (3.4 GHz)
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (2 GB)
    RAM: 8 GB (Only 3 GB usable)
    Performance: Generally iffy performance throughout, recently very prone to crashing, even at medium level settings. It's kind of a shame that the RAM caps at 3 gigabytes, because the CPU and GPU are more or less perfect for the game.

Laptop:
    CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U (2.4 GHz)
    GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620
    RAM: 8 GB
    Performance: Smooth performance with some framerate hiccups, although I have to keep the graphics settings generally at medium level. No serious performance issues or crashes as of this post.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    It's ok for me on a Macbook, though it overheats and makes almost as much noise as a table fan on max speed.
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    My laptop is no where near meant for gaming and years old (getting a new one in August equipped for Seasons and gaming) and it still runs sims 4, almost all stuff packs, game packs and expansions well enough as well as lots of mods. It has some graphic issues, (like weird shadows on the skin or face when outside. But for what its worth, the sims 4 runs great even on a laptop not built for it. Oh! and graphics are medium.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2018
    A little laggy sometimes after the last patch/Seasons. But only when I'm in build mode. My game lags when I'm putting down wallpaper on the walls for some reason.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    @Sigzy05 I seen some people have reported this - it seems to be a bug!
  • Kyonxharuhi2Kyonxharuhi2 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm playing PS4 version and it's terrible, so many issues!!!
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    I have an really old nvidia graphics card and an intel processor and the game runs pretty fine.
    The perfomance only drops when i have a big house or a household with 8 sims or in san myshuno.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Mine had Issues until I did a clean updated of my graphics driver. Now it's fine :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    my pc is a pretty basic dell with a bit of extra ram and nvidia vid. card. TS4 + 10 gig of cc and all packs to date runs smooth as butter.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
    I'm running a Ryzen 7 1800x, 16gb of RAM and a GTX 980ti (only because I can't find a 1080/ti right now and I'm just debating on holding my money until the 1180). It's too OP for Sims 4 to have problems with. I have my FPS counter on and rain/snow doesn't affect the frame rate in the slightest, don't think this is like Sims 3's seasons.