Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long will your seasons last?

12346...Next

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Can you set the season to a permanant season like in TS2? Summer forever? Winter forever? Or Spring, Spring, Spring, then Winter etc?

Nope.

Thank you. Bummer. :/ So, we have to go through all of them. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    Want to keep my seasons at two weeks each but had so many holiday ideas I decided that some of them will only suit some of my saves and not all of them. Each save will have 2 basic holidays per season plus one extra holiday or event specific to that save.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    All seasons are the same length which you can change in OPTIONS, but, I would think popping in and out of OPTIONS when seasons change would lead to a lot of issues, like calendar issues with holidays and events moving around.
  • HippieMama2HippieMama2 Posts: 240 Member
    I'm going to select four weeks so I can have more than one holiday each season.
  • GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    i’d say 4 cause it might seem long but then you can place holidays as accurately as possible & also has more of a sense of realism
  • erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    I think two weeks is the perfect length because it's right in the middle. A month long season would bore me.
    Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • eingrauemauseingrauemaus Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm personally going to keep seasons at 4 weeks bc I have a TON of holidays to add for my sims. Since I'm German, I'm going to add in a lot of the different Fests we have like Frühlings Fest or Folks Fest. I'm also looking forward to being able to celebrate a proper Chanukah in the sims :)
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Thanks to the livestream we now know seasons can be either 1, 2 or 4 weeks long.

I personally can't decide between 2 or 4 weeks.

Which season length option will you choose and why?

I've gone with 4 weeks and no aging for my sims
    thinking this way they might have more than one birthday before they age up.
  • xKay_luvxxKay_luvx Posts: 117 Member
    I think I'll go with 2 weeks. I feel like it's just long enough so that I can truly enjoy it and explore more before it gets boring. It's almost time to download!
    "Happiness can only exist in acceptance." -George Orwell
  • pointefulpointeful Posts: 36 Member
    DEFinitely 4 weeks for me! I play with aging off and like to deal with things as if they're moving in real time. The main family I play with has a teen that I view as being in his senior year but I've been waiting to do anything major for a while now because I wanted it to seem real! Like I've been waiting to get more packs so I can give him and his classmates a makeshift prom. So now that Seasons is here I'm going to start with summer and have that be the summer before his senior year (do they get summer off??? I'll just pretend. >w<) and then go through the whole "year" with the 4 week seasons and then at the end have there be prom!

I'll see how it goes. >w< But I definitely want as much time with them and the seasons as I can get!
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    At first I thought it was definitely going to be two weeks, but to get to know the seasons first, I might leave it at one week for now... and then, maybe I will leave it at one week permanently, just so I don't have to wait forever to play Christmas or All Hags' Eve again with another family. :D We'll see. But four weeks are definitely too long for me, I suppose.
  • zellybeaniezellybeanie Posts: 51 Member
    I started in summer since that seems the game’s default season before Seasons. Chose one week so it’ll quickly go into autumn. I’ll change it to two weeks after that.
    My gameplay blog: http://zeedunsim.tumblr.com
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    I'm using the two weeks but I made a big mistake. Last time I played my game I didn't play until Sunday so I started out on day 4 of autumn :/
  • WaterCoffeeWineWaterCoffeeWine Posts: 28 Member
    > @paradiseplanet said:
    > Well, I wish I could set each individual season by how long I wanted them (2 wks of spring, 1 wk of summer, 2 wks of fall, 4 wks of winter), but I guess I'll just have to settle for 4 weeks for all (4 wks of summer is ugh). No matter though, I needed more room to place more holidays anyway.

That's a great idea! I'm about 6+ hours in the gameplay of Seasons and I'm starting to get a little annoyed with the constant holidays. I'm thinking of expanding the seasons to 4 weeks.

By the way, I sent you an Origin friend request if you're interested!
  • Sweeties29Sweeties29 Posts: 47 Member
    Hey guys, how can I change the time length of my seasons?
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sweeties29 wrote: »
    Hey guys, how can I change the time length of my seasons?

Go into options, then seasons and you can change the season length there.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    7 days for now. I don't play very often (except right now when it's new), so longer seasons would take forever to come through. When making movies I hope there is a way to adjust season length, or I might just not save that game.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I am going to vary it in saves. My rotation will have 28 days, that'll give each household roughly 3 days in each season before I make it back to the start.
    My others I'm torn between 7 and 14.. 7 seems short, but then i do get bored easily. But then 14 would give them more time to enjoy the seasons properly..
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    1 week per seasons is perfect for my Sim lifespans. ^ u^ I've been experiencing everything just fine and don't really need more time, especially since the seasons will rotate anyway. *shrugs* I don't want to run out of things to do on my first look at the season.
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    seven days! I don't like being stuck in the same season for a long time.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Mine is set to 28 days. I love long and deep gameplay it feels more like real life time that way.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Through gameplay testing I've found that I'm quite comfortable with 14 days since I'm an impatient person when it comes to waiting for the next season to change lol. However in the actual save I actually play on I'll stick to 28 for the full immersion of each season (whether I like the season or not).
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    edited June 2018
    Mine are going to be 2 weeks. 1 week seems to short and 3 weeks seem to long. 14 days is perfect. Love Seasons so far! :DB):#:p
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    I've been using 2 weeks. One week seems too short since I usually play the long lifespan but I don't want to do more with rotational play. Plus I've found myself ready for the next season at 14 days.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    I'm going to do 14 days/2 weeks because I want to space out my holidays and seasons. I'm not doing 4 weeks because it would just be too long.