Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long will your seasons last?

Thanks to the livestream we now know seasons can be either 1, 2 or 4 weeks long.

I personally can't decide between 2 or 4 weeks.

Which season length option will you choose and why?
Gallery ID: babysquare

Comments

• squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    I think I'll probably go with 14 days.That way the seasons will move at a reasonable pace so I won't feel rushed, but won't drag along so slowly that I start to get bored of them. :)
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    Since we cannot have 3, I will be going with 2. Due to how I play, 4 will just be too long and 1 is just too short.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I'll probably trial 2 weeks to see how it feels then go from there.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Four weeks. I always set my seasons for as long as possible.
  • Bashsync2015Bashsync2015 Posts: 228 Member
    Most likely 2 weeks
  • MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    One week for me. I'd choose shorter if it was an option. I prefer shorter lifespans therefore shorter seasons work better for me.
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Probably 2 weeks or 4...3 would have been ideal but I guess they didn't include it for some reason.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2018
    It's just my luck that the one option I wanted (3 weeks) just HAPPENED to be the one that got left out :'(
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    I'm going to try for 4 and see how I like it.
    C0gfE.gif
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'll be choosing month-long seasons so that I have lots of time to do everything.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I am sure that's something that modders will be easily able to change ;) Like for example unlimited amounts of time for 1 season etc. I am sure Seasons EP will offer tons of new possibilities for the creators out there. But for me I will probably stay with 4 weeks to start with.
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    one week, because my gameplay moves so fast - though I may adjust if it interrupts my rotations too much.

I just can't seem to stay with a family for more than 1 week. I need to change things up and see what my other families are doing.
    Cupid wrote: »
    It's just my luck that the one option I wanted (3 weeks) just HAPPENED to be the one that got left out :'(

Did they say why they left out the 3 weeks option?
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 334 Member
    Four weeks.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I would go for one week so on my current custom aging settings my kids and teens would experience each season before growing up, but you'd have holidays on a weekly basis. So I'm debating whether two weeks would be better. Four is probably too much, but would be great for a rotational save.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Probably the full amount. I don't like feeling rushed. I'd set each world to one season only if I could.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited June 2018
    Just watched the playback part with the options. We can't set different lengths per season.

I guess I'll go with 2 wks/season and see how it goes...
    Post edited by Anmirla on
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    As long as summer will be extended
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    Three would have been perfect but since it's not a possibility, I'll use the 2 weeks setting
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    I'll be going with the 28 day option myself. I love having longer seasons to allow my sims the chance to experience all that each season has to offer. Plus this way, holidays are more spaced out and allows time to change between them instead of rushing into them.
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    going to vary by save. The two with one family each will be 14 days, not too rushed but fast enough that they'll get to experience allt he holidays since lifespan is set to normal in both. The rotational save with three families is getting 28 days so I can experience each season with each family while I'm playing that save and also to have room for more holidays. Each of the three families will have some traditions that only they follow, but there will be shared ones as well.
    image.png
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I think I'll set mine to 14days. I want to have at least 2 holidays per seasons and 7 days just seems like holidays will end up being to close together. I'm hoping a modder will make it so we can change up seasons lengths up more as I'm not a fan of holidays always falling on the same say.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,826 Member
    I would go for one week so on my current custom aging settings my kids and teens would experience each season before growing up, but you'd have holidays on a weekly basis. So I'm debating whether two weeks would be better. Four is probably too much, but would be great for a rotational save.

I'm having the same struggle
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm going to start with two weeks and see how I like the game play and adjust if needed.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    I'd say the full amount for me.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Probably 2 weeks for most of my saves, but maybe I'll change it to 4. I consider one week option only for my legacy save with ageing on normal, and maybe for my very first cycle with Seasons - just because I might be too curious to see each of them to wait more than 7 days ;)