Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Refund on Accidental Purchase?

amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
Hi,

I was just purchasing fashion gems one at a time with blue Sim tickets and accidentally clicked on the green House tickets. Unfortunately, there was no box that makes sure you want to spend Sim cash and it took 100+ of my sim cash. May I please have this reversed and could you, please, consider adding a confirmation window before accepting Sim cash purchases in the Sim's Mobile Store?

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    You need to contact EA directly though your origin account. We can't help with account info here.
  • KellyummKellyumm Posts: 2 New Member
    Same thing happen to me, they won't refund me :(
  • SimscashlostSimscashlost Posts: 12 New Member
    I lost 400 cash just after I had purchased
    600 sim cash. and they won’t help me. Won’t buy nothing else with real money in this game again. Lesson learned
  • PRINCESSReyPRINCESSRey Posts: 403 Member
    Hello Sims Members ,
    I'm sorry you can't receive a refund have you open a case if so please us the following link;
    https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-sims-mobile

Now this isn't EA/Mavis issue I once bought a In app purchase from another game accidentally in the terms of google they don't refund the money that has in app purchases it's no EA/Mavis fault on this its written legally in Google terms and applys to all games.

I hope you still received good Customer Service if not please also add this to your Case which you open.

Unfortunately EA/Mavis and many game programmers that create apps are bound by legal issues with Google or Apples terms which usually I don't read a whole list of it cause its boring if any game maker break a contract the legal issues like program taken down, or high fees in court could result in these issues.

I suggest reaching out to Google requesting to allow refunds to any in-app purchases and we will all have to remember when we click accept its a Legal Documentation that says we understand the rules of purchasing I wish I could make things better for you but your not the only one that has had the same issue it goes with all games not the game maker.
  • EP3EP3 Posts: 1 New Member
    Same thing happened to me. In contacting them, they suggested I post on the forums... as if that's going to help... 🙄
    I have argued with them all evening. I sent screenshots as proof that I had the money and then they asked a screenshot of me buying the bundle, now who screenshots themselves buying something. They are unbelievable, never again will they get a p envy from me.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Hello Sims Members ,
    I'm sorry you can't receive a refund have you open a case if so please us the following link;
    https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-sims-mobile

Now this isn't EA/Mavis issue I once bought a In app purchase from another game accidentally in the terms of google they don't refund the money that has in app purchases it's no EA/Mavis fault on this its written legally in Google terms and applys to all games.

I hope you still received good Customer Service if not please also add this to your Case which you open.

Unfortunately EA/Mavis and many game programmers that create apps are bound by legal issues with Google or Apples terms which usually I don't read a whole list of it cause its boring if any game maker break a contract the legal issues like program taken down, or high fees in court could result in these issues.

I suggest reaching out to Google requesting to allow refunds to any in-app purchases and we will all have to remember when we click accept its a Legal Documentation that says we understand the rules of purchasing I wish I could make things better for you but your not the only one that has had the same issue it goes with all games not the game maker.

Some companies will issue a refund as long as they can pull what was purchased back. So if you bought 100 in game currency, as long as you still had 100 in game currency floating around, they could subtract the in game currency and refund the money.

So while EA may use Google's platform and Google doesn't offer the refund as it's just the middle man, EA can offer a refund policy. And accidental purchase would likely be known relatively quickly. Say give a 24 hour window on in game purchases, provided that it's possible to remove the upgrade from the account.

Or give a once per account refund in a "We'll do it this time, but be careful because we won't do it again."

@Simscashlost If the bundle was purchased with real money, you should have an email that was sent to the attached email with a receipt. Try screenshotting that and see if that will move the process foward. It's what I had to do with a game, because I bought a bundle and didn't get the items at all.
    I did send both my receipt and a screenshot from iTunes that showed I purchased the bundle and they did give me my 400 back. Thank you