Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I visit Omiscan temple 3 times to complete this wish,"open 3 rare omiscan treasure chest"?

I have 2 sims and they have the same aspiration. I had a look other places but can't find another rare treasure chests. In my case, should I visit totally 6 times to complete this wish? So annoying. :(

Comments

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    You find treasure chests around the jungle, too, for example in the place with the crocodile pond, or the plane crash site. Not sure if those count because I haven't gotten far with this aspiration yet, but they should. I mean... It would be quite a chore otherwise.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    You find treasure chests around the jungle, too, for example in the place with the crocodile pond, or the plane crash site. Not sure if those count because I haven't gotten far with this aspiration yet, but they should. I mean... It would be quite a chore otherwise.

Yeah unfortunately, they don't count. Also other treasure chests in temple are not counted either. Only One pretty rare treasure chest was added in the center of the room deep inside of the temple. :(
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    only the 'golden' chests (that give you a message about having cleared the temple) count for the aspiration, yeah.

and you *can* cheat this, if you want. i wound up doing so when checking to see how many chests it would take my tester household to get a golden relic (26, btw. second household got their first golden on the 3rd chest). if you have testing cheats on, you can shift click the golden chest, select 'set as head', then shift click the one now on the sim's head and 'reset object'. it'll drop to the floor, they can open it and get credit. go back to the original one, do that again (just don't open the original until you're done collecting however many chests you want)
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited June 2018
    @kalaksed

Thanks very much for the good tip but I will try to complete without cheat. :) I know it will be annoying to visit so many times but this is the way of my playing sims.:)
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    oh, i totally get you on that, @jeansoo. i do it the 'proper' way, too, when actually working towards the things. just wound up cheating because i wanted to see how long it took to get a golden relic (that first household would have taken forever to do the 26 explorations). as seen with the second household, though, it is very much random, so the first just had a string of bad luck