Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not sure where to go, but need help with the EA Download Manager

Hopefully someone can help me in either solving this problem or getting me to the right location. I had this problem start up four days ago. The problem was every time I logged in to my Origin account it would tell me that I needed to update, or play off line. It got to be so bad that I had to uninstall Origin, and then reinstalled it. That stopped the problem, the problem also involved not being able to install a new pack. After I did the reinstall I was able to download and install the pack.

Now to the EA Download Manage, I had a pop up telling me that I needed to do an update. At first I didn't think anything about it, UNTIL another popup told me that I needed to install an older something on Origin, and then it was at that point I recalled that I went through this before only 4 days before....the reason for all my troubles with my Origin launcher. This time I said no, and no issues. How or what do I do to stop the EA Download Manager from trying to do this update that caused me so many issues? Or who do I need to contact to bring this to their attention?

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    your stuck in the origin updating loop. Getting out if it is uninstalling and reinstalling origin. If that is not working you need to contact EA directly and report it
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    More evidence to support what @phoebebebe13 is saying, the EADM was really Origin's predecessor. It should be totally dormant or not really there anymore, certainly not nagging you about anything. Players can end up with it temporarily along the way when doing disc installs.

Possibly this is a remnant of your former attempt to do a disc install that failed and it's getting in the way of Origin now. Have you used Piriform's CCleaner or an equivalent tool to clean the Registry in between or since then at all?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Not yet, but I'll look into it. Thank you.